23rd October 2010, 06:23 PM
sreenu135

I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements?

hi,
i have an year gap of 3 years at discrete intervals :

BTech(2006-2011)-7.07/10
12th(2003-2005)-78.4%
10th(2002)-82.3%

am, i eligible for campus placements are dere any companies taht consider year gap of 3 years , should i have to clear any certification exams ,,plzzzzzz help me .

Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Will my resume be refused during placements?
  3. Am I eligible for campus placements in TCS if I have 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  4. Year Gap Between Graduation and Post Graduation affecting Placements
  5. Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?
  6. Will it affect my Placements of having 2 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  7. Will my campus placement get affected if I have 3 years gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  8. Will there be any problems in getting a job if I have 2 years gap between 12th and BBA?
  9. Am I eligible for Syntel Campus Placement having 1 year gap between 10th and 12th and another year gap between 12th and BE?
  10. Am I eligible for core companies campus placements if I have 2 year gap between 12th and done 5 years integrated course? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible for core companies placements if I have gap in education?
  12. If I have 1 year gap between 12th and B.Tech will I be eligible for campus placements?
  13. Am I eligible for placements in MNC's such as TCS,CTS,INFY,WIPRO having two year gap between M.Tech and B.Tech?
  14. Am I eligible for Software Jobs having an academic gap of 4 years between 12th class and B.Sc?
  15. Am i eligible for TCS placement drive with 2 years gap before 10th??
  16. If I have 3 years gap in between BSc and MCA and have done B.Ed course between the gap then can I mention it in my resume?
  17. Can I get a job in MNC’s after having 3 years gap in Education?
  18. Will I be able to get placed in Amdocs if pursuing PGDAC and having gaps in academics?

24th October 2010, 09:50 PM
jayajotwani

Default Re: I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenu135 View Post
hi,

BTech(2006-2011)-7.07/10
12th(2003-2005)-78.4%
10th(2002)-82.3%

am, i eligible for campus placements are dere any companies taht consider year gap of 3 years , should i have to clear any certification exams ,,plzzzzzz help me .

Thank you
I dont think there will be any problem if u dont have gap after btech for campus placement and moreove u can always give medical problem as excuse...

25th October 2010, 11:15 AM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,
The truth is that you will find it very hard to get placed.But one of my friend get placed in accenture off-campus.They might have not the criteria of gap years.

25th October 2010, 11:27 PM
sreenu135

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrob139 View Post
Hi,
The truth is that you will find it very hard to get placed.But one of my friend get placed in accenture off-campus.They might have not the criteria of gap years.
thank you so much for the reply....But do i have to be extraordinary strong in technical skills like do i have to clear any certification exams like SCJP or so ...

30th October 2010, 11:47 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

look every companies hire the freshers candidate.

as you have 3 Gap Years , you will be eligible for Placements. but the problem is that you will face major problem during your interview process.

so you must prepare for the answer of year gap cause.

all the best...........

31st October 2010, 11:58 PM
koli

yes you are eligible..

but you may face problems because preference will be given to fresh graduates.

1st November 2010, 09:56 AM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

yes you are eligible for the placement,but it depends on the company that they will allow you or not.so don't worry because they look for knowledge and if you have knowledge then no one can stop you from placement.

best of luck!!

1st November 2010, 08:42 PM

Post Re: I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements?

Quote:
hi,

BTech(2006-2011)-7.07/10
12th(2003-2005)-78.4%
10th(2002)-82.3%

Thank you
Ya sure friend you are surely able to get job as btech is not a joke
you can do microsoft Dot net certification it will surely help you to get a great job...........

14th December 2010, 05:32 PM
lavanyaratala

almost all the companies hire for freshers......but ther is nothing wrong in trying,,.......

13th January 2011, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

whose compny take it the 3yr gaps student

14th January 2011, 11:28 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements?

Hi!!!!
I want to say when you go for interview just tell the interviewer truth answers that why you have these gaps and be confident because some organisations doesn't look your gaps they just need talented and professionals.Be continue to improve yourself without losing your confident.

with best wishes!!!!

15th January 2011, 02:11 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements?

Quote:
hi,

BTech(2006-2011)-7.07/10
12th(2003-2005)-78.4%
10th(2002)-82.3%

Thank you
See you no need to worry if there is a gap of 3 years after b.tech as there is requirement for fresher in companies ...May be you won't get in MNC'S but try to start from even small companies

There is lot of opportunity for talent and hardworking people rather than 3 years log....

Be deterministic and learn some technology and start giving interviews for almost all companies who call you and don't seek for high salary or other advantage in starting of career as you need to work hard and have patience.......

15th January 2011, 10:15 PM
vikul

Dear friend

there may be some companies that may not recruit you due to such a long gap but you will easily find many jobs in good companies

GOO LUCK

15th January 2011, 11:21 PM
yajvendra

Dear Friend
As i know you are eligible for the Placement after the 3 years of gap.but it is to much difficult to take the off campus placement then the campus placement.
good luck..........

19th January 2011, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I have 2 years of gap after my 12th and i did my btech from ece from a private college in 2010. i did not get on campus placement in TCS.Although i got many opportunities in software companies through off campus in last 6 months,but i really lack inclination towards that. I want to sit for IAS exam but my further increasing gap years is worrying me a lot.I am confident that i will be able to clear my IAS exam with a very good rank either in 2011 or latest by 2012.I have the dedication to do that as i have learned a lot from my mistakes and at present i am giving my best.I am preparing for GATE,IES as well.I want to know that is job at this point of time necessary for me? Will the interview board consider me the right choice for the post with so many gap years before and after my B.Tech. SIR I KNOW THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT COMBINATION OF MY STRUGGLE, MY DEDICATION AND MY TRUE MOTIVE TO JOIN THIS SERVICE. I really need someone's help and suggestions regarding this at this most crucial point of my life.Please help me.
With due regards
Rishikesh Baba

21st January 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 year gap .will i eligible for placement .
10th school 66% in up board.
12th 66% in upboard.
b.tech 69.3% ..............
and i give TCS written exam and MR round and i qualified but in HR round i eliminate bcz i have three year gap ...
is any other companies which has not take any gap criteria ......plz plz help me ............
i feel to much frustrated ...............

21st January 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 year gap .will i eligible for placement .
10th school 66% in up board.
12th 66% in upboard.
b.tech 69.3% ..............
and i give TCS written exam and MR round and i qualified but in HR round i eliminate bcz i have three year gap ...
is any other companies which has not take any gap criteria ......plz plz help me ............
i feel to much frustrated ...............

21st January 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

hii friends due to some family problem and motivation towards medical entrance exam i have dropped my four successive year after 12th class.i have above 65% in 10th,12th as well as in btech IT(2011 ) from uttarpradesh technical university.
Is i am eligible for campus or offcampus placement in infosys ,tcs,wipro,accenture,hcl or any reputed company?
reply soon i m waiting for response..

21st January 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

hii friends due to some family problem and motivation towards medical entrance exam i have dropped my four successive year after 12th class.i have above 65% in 10th,12th as well as in btech IT(2011 ) from uttarpradesh technical university.
Is i am eligible for campus or offcampus placement in infosys ,tcs,wipro,accenture,hcl or any reputed company?
reply soon i m waiting for response..

25th January 2011, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

i hv 3 yr gap in between

7th February 2011, 05:31 PM
sachinsharma
Member+

Yes you are eligible for Placements in companies.
please tell the truth to the interviewer that what problem you have not join any companies.
you face some problem in interview but d'nt worry bcoz it was depend on the company.
Every company take freshers so you are eligible for the placements.

7th February 2011, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

i have 2 years gap one gap between 10th(55%)and 12th(63%) and other between 12 and bca(73%).
currently i am pursuing mca.
will i still eligible for placements???

22nd February 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

i did my MCA in 2005 now i have 5 year gap can i get job in small MNC

23rd February 2011, 02:10 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i did my MCA in 2005 now i have 5 year gap can i get job in small MNC
Question : i did my MCA in 2005 now i have 5 year gap can i get job in small MNC??

Ans : Yes, you can apply for job not only for small companies but big MNC too... companies will see year gap only if there is between your studies like doing +2 in the year 2003 and doing B.E/B.Tech in 2006, if so they wont allow. In your case you finished your PG course in 2005 so there is no gap between your studies. I guess there was some difficulties to you for not going to job in MNC, but when you go now for interview they will just ask y this much time you took to apply for a job? you must prepare a good answer for that to tackle it in a positive way..... ALL THE BEST...

11th March 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

i m doing MCA .my question is that what can i seat IT company perpose to JOB? because three years gap in my studies

12th March 2011, 12:57 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i m doing MCA .my question is that what can i seat IT company perpose to JOB? because three years gap in my studies
hello friend...

Most of the Big MNC companies wont allow students to appear for placements if its 3 year gap between studies maximum of 2yrs is allowed but still there are many small companies which wont bother about your gap of studies but only your performance so just try to get in some small companies which as a good pay grade and which suits for you..

hope the info. helps...All the Best for your future...

15th March 2011, 11:20 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
hi,

BTech(2006-2011)-7.07/10
12th(2003-2005)-78.4%
10th(2002)-82.3%

Thank you

In the many top company you are not eligible for placement because many company take maximum 2 years gap between the academic career. But many company ask the reason for the year gaping if you have a valid reason with certificate for the year gaping then you are eligible for campus placement.

23rd March 2011, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

i had dropped 3 years for preparing medical.now i am in b.tech biotech 3 rd year.please tell me i will be placed or not?

23rd March 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

i dropped 3 years for doing medical preparation after 12th class. now i am in biotech 3 rd year. will i be placed or not?

24th March 2011, 05:38 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i dropped 3 years for doing medical preparation after 12th class. now i am in biotech 3 rd year. will i be placed or not?
You will be placed for sure, don't worry some of the top companies have the eligibility criteria as maximum 2 years gap between studies, but many companies coming for placements will not seethe study gap or have maximum of 4 years as the eligibility criteria.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Just don't lose your Hope, prepare well for the placements like aptitudes, technical and communication skills.

-> To check out some of the jobs and walk-in's which might match your profile CLICK HERE..!!!

-> Need any information regarding how to attend placements, we are here to help you out

12th April 2011, 05:35 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, off campus is really possible

10th May 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Re:i have 3 gap years between b.sc and mca.will i still be eligible for placements?

Hi,
i am doing mca.my question is that can i seat IT company perpose to job.because:
1)m.sc in math(correspondence)(2007-2010)-55%
2)b.sc(2004-2007)-42.37%
3)h.s(2002-2004)-64.7%
4)m.p(2002)-81.25%

13th May 2011, 04:15 AM
shoebahmed89

No the gap would nt matter in placement.u would get ur job on the basis of ur b tech degree.just prepare for interview well.

25th May 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 years gap between degree to mca (2011 pass out) because in between degree to pg , i done "B.Ed" course...can i specify bed course in resume or not..just specify degree to pg????but i can have aggrigate percentage is "70%" throught

31st May 2011, 10:18 PM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

See you no need to worry if there is a gap of 3 years after b.tech as there is requirement for fresher in companies ...May be you won't get in MNC'S but try to start from even small companies

There is lot of opportunity for talent and hardworking people rather than 3 years log....

Be deterministic and learn some technology and start giving interviews for almost all companies who call you and don't seek for high salary or other advantage in starting of career as you need to work hard and have patience.......

Thanks

31st May 2011, 10:19 PM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

Thanks

2nd June 2011, 01:58 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well the good thing is that your gap is not continuous

and hence you wont find much trouble, in getting placed.

you may be asked question about these gaps during interview

so i would suggest you keep some good reply ready.

also some companies do have certain criteria regarding gaps in academics

but most companies dont have any criteria, so do not worry and

you must apply on sites such as

naukari.com
monsterjobs.com

etc.

2nd June 2011, 08:44 PM
frooty.scooty

Hello

Yes you will be eligible for placements.Present situation many of the companies prefer fresh candidates only.

so you will be eligible.

At the time of interview you face the problem.

they ask that what will be the gap.Then that position you will give the correct explanation.
All the best.

12th June 2011, 08:59 PM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

Yes you are eligible for smaller companies who don't consider gap.

Doing certifications will also help you. I f you are interested in software jobs be thorough with your fundamentals of Sql, C and C++ and do JAVA and SAP cerifications.

14th June 2011, 01:54 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

Thanks

19th June 2011, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

I started my career 3 years after completion of my B.tech. Which companies does not allow me for the interview?

21st June 2011, 11:48 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,

BTech(2006-2011)-7.07/10
12th(2003-2005)-78.4%
10th(2002)-82.3%

Thank you

your academic marks is so good but you have 3 years gape.company are not allowed more than one year gape.

so you can try for some small type company those company are work in .NET and PHP.

after that you have hold a good position.

all the best.

21st June 2011, 11:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi,

BTech(2006-2011)-7.07/10
12th(2003-2005)-78.4%
10th(2002)-82.3%

Thank you
your academic marks is so good but you have 3 years gape.company are not allowed more than one year gape.

so you can try for some small type company those company are work in .NET and PHP.

after that you have hold a good position.

all the best.

30th June 2011, 02:28 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
Yes, you are eligible for infosys campus placement because the eligibility criteria for infosys is 60 % throughout your academic and you have some good % so no problem..

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

-> 60 % above in 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree.

-> No current arrears.

-> Maximum of 2 yrs study gap.

-> Good communication and Technical Skills.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Infosys campus selection process consists of 3 rounds...

-> Written Test - 80 questions 65 minutes.

-> Technical Interview

-> HR Interview

-> Sometimes Technical Interview will be skipped depending upon the panel memebers.

thanks

30th June 2011, 02:29 PM
swastik08

hi dear,
Yes, you are eligible for infosys campus placement because the eligibility criteria for infosys is 60 % throughout your academic and you have some good % so no problem..

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

-> 60 % above in 10th, 12th and UG/PG degree.

-> No current arrears.

-> Maximum of 2 yrs study gap.

-> Good communication and Technical Skills.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> Infosys campus selection process consists of 3 rounds...

-> Written Test - 80 questions 65 minutes.

-> Technical Interview

-> HR Interview

-> Sometimes Technical Interview will be skipped depending upon the panel memebers.

thanks

7th July 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

i did mca in 2005,after that i worked 2years in delhi as tester or developer,4years gap,now i want to back in job,now it,s possible,everybody says that now u'll not get the job becoz of gap,i m very upset please help me buddy

neetu

19th July 2011, 04:17 AM
amit.cse

hi,
i have an year gap of 4 years ,will i still be elligible for gud companies???????????

10th (2001)--62%

12th(2003)--62%

One year Diploma in software engg(DSE) from NIIT---2006-2007

B.tech(2007-2011)---72%

I waste my two year(2003-2005) in prep of IIT exam.
then in 2005 take admission in a private eng clg but due to serious sickness cannot continue & leave in first semseter.

after this when i am fine den i start NIIT course & prep for engg exam.
& in nxt year in 2007 join btech again from a private engg college.

am, i eligible for campus placements ?

should i have to clear any certification exams ,,plzzzzzz help me ??????????.

Thank you.

19th July 2011, 04:19 AM
amit.cse

Post Re: I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements?

hi,
i have an year gap of 4 years ,will i still be elligible for gud companies???????????

10th (2001)--62%

12th(2003)--62%

One year Diploma in software engg(DSE) from NIIT---2006-2007

B.tech(2007-2011)---72%

I waste my two year(2003-2005) in prep of IIT exam.
then in 2005 take admission in a private eng clg but due to serious sickness cannot continue & leave in first semseter.

after this when i am fine den i start NIIT course & prep for engg exam.
& in nxt year in 2007 join btech again from a private engg college.

am, i eligible for campus placements ?

should i have to clear any certification exams ,,plzzzzzz help me ??????????.

Thank you.

20th July 2011, 11:26 PM
prem ranjan506

hi
i am vikas dubey i have obtained 62% and 82% in 10th and 12th respectively. right now i am pursuing b.tech in 4th year but i have a confusion related to campus selection that i have a gap of two years after 12th still have maintained 70% in b.tech.

kindly post me the list of companies that i am eligible.
i am waiting for your response.
thanq.

2nd August 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

HI,
I M SAHIL, I HAVE PASSED 10TH IN 2001 WITH 40.2 % & 10 2 WITH ARTS WITH 40% IN 2003 & I HAVE DONE BCA FORM IGNOU WITH 65% IN 2010 & ALSO DOING MCA FRO IGNOU. I WANT TO KNOW
THAT CAN I GOT JOB IN SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT IN BETTER COMPANY. I KNOW THAT MY MARKS IS
LOW & GAPING IS LONG TIME PLSS.. GIVE SUGGESTION I M TOTALLY CONFUSED.
THANK YOU
SAHIL

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?