31st December 2011, 09:29 PM
dipen.marley

Is this possible for me to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Civil? When to get application forms for Permanent Short Service Commission?

sir,
i m final year b.tech(civil) student , and i want to join the airforce
is it be possible to join the airforce
i want to know when the applications form will be available for permanent short service comission ?

31st December 2011, 11:04 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is this possible for me to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Civil? When to get application forms for Permanent Short Service Commission?

dear friend,

http://lmcresult.com/showthread.php?tid=1255

There are generally three branches and for these three branches there are three different eligible criteria.The three department are :

1. Flying Branch,
2. Technical Branch,
3. Ground Duty Branch.

Yes you are eligible my friend. From these you have to choose any of the one and then go for it.Here I have mentioned the eligibility criteria :

1. Age ::

19 to 23 years as on 01 july 2012 i.e. born between 2nd july 1989 to 1 july 1993(both dates inclusive).

2. Educational Qualification ::

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university having 60% or more than 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed 10+2 th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or BE/B.Tech degree from a recognized university having 60% or more than 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

3. Physical Standard ::

i.) Height : minimum 162.5 cm and more than this
ii.) Weight : in between 60 to 80 kg
iii.) Vision : minimum visual acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another eye

good luck.
31st December 2011, 11:41 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is this possible for me to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Civil? When to get application forms for Permanent Short Service Commission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen.marley View Post
sir,
i want to know when the applications form will be available for permanent short service comission ?
HI,
Yes you can join Indian Air force after passing B.E in civil Engineering.

For this you have to qualify the C.D.S exam.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass graduation with recognized university
> Age limit:-19=24 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

IMPORTANT DATES FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification:-02.06.2012
Last date of receipt of form:-02.07.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-16.09.2012(SUNDAY)

ALL THE BEST!
1st January 2012, 09:28 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Is this possible for me to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in Civil? When to get application forms for Permanent Short Service Commission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen.marley View Post
sir,
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian Air force as an officer in your final year of engineering. You can apply for the FLYING BRANCH and TECHNICAL BRANCH of Indian Air force. You can join Indian Air force as an officer through Air force common admission test which is goin to be conducted on 26th of February this year.
The last date to send the application form is 13th of January. The eligibility criteria required for this examination is given below:

AFCAT Exam

Candidate applying for the AFCAT exam should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
In the Flying branch of Indian Air force only engineering candidates are eligible. Pre final yea students of engineering may apply through Univesrity entry scheme.

Age Limit
FLYING BRANCH
19-23 years

TECHNICAL BRANCH
18-28 years.

I have attached the application form of AFCAT examination which is going to be conducted on 26th February. For more information regarding this exam you can also visit at the below given web site

www.careerairforce.nic.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT Application for Men.pdf(18.2 KB, 51 views)
15th December 2012, 06:56 AM
Unregistered

sir, I am a third year student of b.tech(civil branch) can i join indian air force and how?
4th April 2013, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

When SDO form apply for civil engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?