3rd August 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study M.Tech in Chemical Engineering having completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

can i study in m-tech in chem. engneering after doing btech in civil engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  2. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  3. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  4. Which institutes offer M.Tech in Environmental Science or other environment related fields like sustainable development? What is the admission procedure?
  5. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  6. How to study in B.Tech in Civil or Chemical Engineering after completing diploma in Ceremic Technology
  7. Is it possible to study M.Tech in Chemical Engineering having completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  8. Which colleges can I get admission in Delhi or Noida having done MCA from UPTU and secured 74%?
  9. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  10. How to pursue M.Tech in chemical engineering after completing B.E in chemical engineering?
  11. Steps for a B.Tech CSE student with 58%? Any companies for which I am eligible?
  12. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  13. Can I study B.Tech in Environmental Engineering if completed undergraduate in Civil Engineering? -- [New]
  14. List of colleges and their fee structure which provide M.Tech degree through distance learning program? I have done BE in EC&C
  15. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  16. What is the fee structure of 4 year B.Tech in MIT Bangalore
  17. Am I eligible to become a assistant professor in civil department? I have completed bachelor in chemical engineering
  18. Future prospects of doing B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from NITs?
10th August 2011, 07:21 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study M.Tech in Chemical Engineering having completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

Sorry it's not possible to take your post graduation from Chemical Engineering after completing your graduation course in Chemical Engineering.

Eligibility for Chemical Engineering

Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a valid GATE score in Chemical Engineering (CH) are only eligible to the M.Tech. programme in Chemical Engineering.

I have attached you a file mentioning details about various courses in M.tech stream hence please go through it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mtech.pdf(242.6 KB, 69 views)
10th August 2011, 08:08 AM
sachin200792

Default Re: Is it possible to study M.Tech in Chemical Engineering having completed B.Tech in Civil Engineering?

No, it is not possible to study M.Tech. in chemical engineering after doing B.Tech. in civil engineering. M.Tech. is a master's degree for any branch you opt. It carries on the courses related to your B.Tech. programmes in some particular direction and particular specification that can givr you furthur knowledge about a particular branch of chemical engineering.

Having done B.Tech. in civil engineering you are only eligible to do M.Tech. in civil engineering programmes only.

For M.Tech. in chemical engineering you must do B.Tech. in chemical engineering and then appear for the GATE exam to take admission in M.Tech. programmes.
10th August 2011, 08:43 AM
DN358
Banned

Sorry it's not possible to take your post graduation from Chemical Engineering after completing your graduation course in Chemical Engineering.

Eligibility for Chemical Engineering

Candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a valid GATE score in Chemical Engineering (CH) are only eligible to the M.Tech. programme in Chemical Engineering.
10th August 2011, 08:57 AM
prashant.jha39
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can i study in m-tech in chem. engneering after doing btech in civil engineering
no u cannot take up the course of M.tech in chemical engg. as you dont have B.tech in chemical engg.
10th August 2011, 09:28 AM
raj.rajesh

Quote:
No it's not possible it is totally different from what you studied.you had taken btech in civil engineering and now you are going to do m-tech in chem. engineering it is very tough for the further studies so take the subject which is related to your completed course.
10th August 2011, 09:40 AM
meeria

dear friend ,

sorry boss this is not possible !!!!!!!!!!!if u have complete b.tech on chemical engg then u can!!!!

it may be possible if u attend intercollege exam like in jadavpur ...............
gd luck
10th August 2011, 09:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

It is not possible to do M-TECH in chemical engineering after doing B-TECH in civil engineering.

because you have not listed in eligibility for M-TECH in chemical engineering.

The eligibility criteria for M-TECH in chemical engineering:-

Bachelor's degree holders Engineering/ Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Best chemical engineering college in india for M-TECH:-

University of Delhi

Indian Institute of Technology

Vellore Institute of Technology

Jadavpur University

Aligarh University

National Institute of Technology

all the best
10th August 2011, 10:28 AM
rana2011
Banned

Sorry Friend,
You can not take your post graduation from Chemical Engineering after completing your graduation course in Chemical Engineering.

Eligibility for Chemical Engineering:-

**Have to compleate Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with a valid GATE score in Chemical Engineering (CH).

Thanks!
10th August 2011, 10:29 AM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

sorry my dear friend it is impossible to study chemical engineering after completion of your civil engineering.the following qualifications require for complete chemical engineering
1)the person should qualify in gate entrance exam with 55%
2)the person must have an indian
10th August 2011, 11:18 AM
saurav9889

friend though its not impossible but its next to impossible because if u want to pursue pg in chemical then u have to sit in gate exam in chemical stream and qualifyfrom the same stream hence u would have to study all subjects of chem. engg. also still u would have to incur difficulties while doing pg since u are from civil background.
10th August 2011, 02:56 PM
sg1991

Yes, you can do M. Tech. in Chemical Engineering after having done B. Tech. in Civil Engineering. For this you will have to give GATE exam in Chemical Engineering. You will have to study GATE syllabus of Chemical Engineering. If you manage to score good in GATE, you may get admission to M. Tech. in Chemical Engg.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?