13th March 2018, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in Pharmacy course if a candidate fails in 12th board exam?

I have filled form of Polytechnic from Biology group but I have not passed 12th board exam. I have given it's exam from Uttar Pradesh Higher Secondary Board. Can I get admission in Pharmacy courses on the base of 10th result?

26th March 2018, 07:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in Pharmacy course if a candidate fails in 12th board exam?

The required qualification to pursue bachelor degree in pharmacy is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, candidates with diploma degree are not eligible to appear for entrance examination to get admission in bachelor degree in pharmacy.

26th March 2018, 07:34 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in Pharmacy course if a candidate fails in 12th board exam?

No, you are not eligible to take admission in Pharmacy course after failing in 12th standard board examination. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Pharmacy course, you should have to pass 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not passed 12th standard with PCB stream, you are not eligible to take admission in Pharmacy course.

26th March 2018, 08:13 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for B.Pharmacy. Biology is mandatory subject in order to apply for B.Pharma, So you need to pass the 12th board exam to be eligible for B.Pharma, otherwise you are not eligible.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology.

Candidate have to secure minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.

Candidate, those pass the three year Diploma in Pharmacy(D.Pharma) are also eligible.

27th March 2018, 06:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates are not eligible to get admission in the Bachelor of Pharmacy course on 10th qualification.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics or after Diploma in Pharmacy course.

So, if you have diploma in pharmacy you are eligible to get admission.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?