12th March 2018, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Merchant Navy course being from Commerce background at +2 level?

Can I go for a course in Merchant Navy and set as as a career being a student from Commerce stream having Computer Science as one of the main subjects?

27th March 2018, 09:51 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I apply for Merchant Navy course being from Commerce background at +2 level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I go for a course in Merchant Navy and set as as a career being a student from Commerce stream having Computer Science as one of the main subjects?
All the Pre Sea Courses which one can join after 10+2 requires a PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) background but still a person from 10+2 Commerce background can also join Merchant Navy course by joining General Purpose Rating Course (G.P Rating course).

Details about General Purpose Rating Course:

It is a Pre Sea Training course that even 10th passed student can join this course. The course duration is for 6 months. This course basically combines two progarmmes together and train the candidate in both the field that includes Deck and Engine Rating programs.

The candidate age should be 18-25 years during admission process.

you can visit the official page of Merchant Navy for more details regarding this course : http://www.maritimetraining.in/join-merchant-navy.htm
27th March 2018, 12:06 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Merchant Navy course being from Commerce background at +2 level?

You cannot join Merchant Navy because there is no way out to join this course without having PCM subject in your 12th.

But according to your qualification, you are not eligible to join Merchant Navy. Because your background in Commerce.

And to join Merchant Navy, PCM subject is compulsory. So don't worry, just do any other course, which was related to your field.
27th March 2018, 04:40 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that to apply for Merchant Navy/Indian Navy it is compulsory to have passed Intermediate from Science stream having PCM as main subject along with English as compulsory subject having 60 percent.
This criteria is compulsory and without this you are not eligible to apply for this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?