1st June 2016, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I pursue, Diploma in Pharmacy or simply B.Pharmacy?

I want to know that which among the two courses Diploma in Pharmacy and B.Pharmacy is better to opt for. Kindly provide me the relevant information as soon as possible.

2nd June 2016, 12:26 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue, Diploma in Pharmacy or simply B.Pharmacy?

The duration of the Diploma in pharmacy course is 2 years while that of B,Pharmacy is 4 years.

The minimum academic eligibility to pursue Diploma in pharmacy is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 examination in science stream from a recognized board of education. While that for B.pharmacy the candidate must have passed class 12 examination with PCB as compulsory subjects from a recognized board of education.

It is advisable to opt for B.pharmacy course rather than D.Pharmacy because the curriculum of B.Pharmacy provides more knowledge in both theoretical and practical.

If you opt for D.Pharmacy then after completion of the course one has to pursue B.Pharmacy to pursue Masters course.
2nd June 2016, 03:10 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course should I pursue, Diploma in Pharmacy or simply B.Pharmacy?

If you are keen to study Pharmacy in future and have masters degree in it to make a career out of it, I would suggest you to opt for B.Pharmacy as the level of education provided to you in degree courses is better than in Diploma courses. Otherwise, you can definitely opt for Diploma course and continue with your studies further.
2nd June 2016, 02:02 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

I would like to suggest you to opt for Bachelor in Pharmacy because diploma in pharmacy has same educational qualification requirement as that of bachelor degree and that is 12th from Science stream from recognised board. After diploma you will have to pursue a degree course to appear in any degree level exam. Hence it would be better for you to go for degree course.
17th May 2020, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Instructions for pharmacy student to prepare civil exams
24th April 2022, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Do I persue diploma in pharmacy with a great of C-
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?