25th May 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Are girls eligible for NDA and IMA after bachelor's degree or 12th?

sir i want to know dat whether girls are also eligible for applying in NDA and IMA after bachelor's degree or after 12th pass...........

15th August 2011, 06:17 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Are girls eligible for NDA and IMA after bachelor's degree or 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i want to know dat whether girls are also eligible for applying in NDA and IMA after bachelor's degree or after 12th pass...........
No Girls are not eligible for the NDA Entrance examination.

NDA is the acronym for National Defense academy this is the exam conducted for the students of 12th from science stream.

after getting selected the students will be given coaching according to the desired standards so that they can work for Indian defense services.

IMA is the training academy Indian Military academy this is the training institute for future officers in this academy only most of the students get recruitment letters with their performance in the SSB interviews.

To get trained in this academy there are many opportunities like you can come through UES(University Entry scheme)

you can also enter through TGC

as you are female candidate you can go through this into military academy by TGC or SSC

This is all about your chances to get into Indian Defense services.

This is all upto my knowledge If I'm wrong anywhere please do forgive.

Regards

~AdityA~
15th August 2011, 06:27 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Are girls eligible for NDA and IMA after bachelor's degree or 12th?

Girls are not eligible for NDA exam,but eligible for CDS exam after graduation course.And to eligible for this exam,age should between 18 to 25 years.

For more details,see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 121 views)
15th August 2011, 07:18 PM
saurav9889

no,female candidates are not eligable to apply for nda.also ima or indian military academy is the institution where top rankers of nda exam are given training.
though girls are not allowed for nda exam but female candidates may join defense services as non permanent officers or officers on ground duty.for appearing for this exam you need to be a graduate and the exam is called ues or univ. entry scheme through which girls can become non permanent officers in defense services.
15th August 2011, 08:39 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Are girls eligible for NDA and IMA after bachelor's degree or 12th?

No friend, Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1993 and not later than 1st July, 1995 are eligible for doing NDA 2011.

For becoming IMA officer you must write CDS exam and for appearing in CDS2011 exam you must be a Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

So girls are not eligible for doing NDA or IMA.
15th August 2011, 09:09 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend .....

To the best of my knowledge girls are not allowed for the NDA entrance exams .
Only the unmarried Indian male students are eligible for the NDA entrance exam .
The eligibility includes a pass in the 10+2 board exam from science stream from a recognized board .
The age limit is 16.5 years to 19 years .

The IMA is the Indian Military Academy where the people after the recruitment in the NDA are trained for about a year.

For the female candidates you can get into the Indian military academy through the UES (University entrance scheme) or though the TGC or through the SSC technical for women .

For the information regarding the UES , TGC and the SSC you may visit the official website http://www.indianarmy.gov.in for the eligibility , mode of selection and other details .

So I would like to conclude by saying that girls can join the Indian Army after their Bachelor's degree and not after 12th board exam ....

SO best of luck
Regards
~PRAVIR~
15th August 2011, 09:21 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Hello friend .....

To the best of my knowledge girls are not allowed for the NDA entrance exams .
Only the unmarried Indian male students are eligible for the NDA entrance exam .
The eligibility includes a pass in the 10+2 board exam from science stream from a recognized board .
The age limit is 16.5 years to 19 years .

The IMA is the Indian Military Academy where the people after the recruitment in the NDA are trained for about a year.

For the female candidates you can get into the Indian military academy through the UES (University entrance scheme) or though the TGC or through the SSC technical for women .

For the information regarding the UES , TGC and the SSC you may visit the official website http://www.indianarmy.gov.in for the eligibility , mode of selection and other details .

So I would like to conclude by saying that girls can join the Indian Army after their Bachelor's degree and not after 12th board exam ....

SO best of luck
Regards
~PRAVIR~
30th November 2011, 04:21 PM
litunu

NDA is the acronym for National Defense academy this is the exam conducted for the students of 12th from science stream.

after getting selected the students will be given coaching according to the desired standards so that they can work for Indian defense services.

IMA is the training academy Indian Military academy this is the training institute for future officers in this academy only most of the students get recruitment letters with their performance in the SSB interviews.

To get trained in this academy there are many opportunities like you can come through UES(University Entry scheme)

as you are female candidate you can go through this into military academy by TGC or SSC
30th November 2011, 08:22 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No my friend girls are not eligible for NDA exam or I.M.A scheme....

But girls can join in defense through Officer training academy (SSC women non technical scheme)..

Eligibility for officer training academy:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

3.Candidates age should be in between 19-24 years.

4.Candidate should be unmarried/divorced/widow...

5.Candidate must be physically fit..

So, go for it..
All the best...
1st December 2011, 12:54 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

In every year UPSC arrange the NDA examination through which you can join the Indian Airforce.So there must be some criteria for that examination.Here I'm giving you the information regarding NDA

YES...GIRLS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR NDA EXAMINATION

Eligibility Criteria :

You should pass the 12th standard in any discipline from a university.
Your age must be minimum 18 years at the time of registration.

For more detail information regarding NDA exam please visit this website below

http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th February 2012, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

How can i apply for Army Cadet College , i have done 10 2 ?
30th April 2012, 07:36 PM
mithu ashi
Member+

N.D.A. stands forNational Defense Academy. This examination is conducted by U.P.S.C. twice in a year.

I.M.A. stands for Indian Military Academy. This comes under C.D.S.(Combined Defense Service) which is also conducted by U.P.S.C. twice in a year.

But sorry to inform you that in both the examinations you are not eligible to apply.

As both these exams, only require Unmarried male candidates.

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY ELIGIBILITY:-

-- Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.
-- Candidates must not born earlier than 2ND January 1989 and not after 1ST January 1994.
-- Candidates must have completed a Degree from a recognized university.

NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY ELIGIBILITY:-

-- CANDIDATE MUST BE AN UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATE.
-- THE CANDIDATE MUST NOT LESS THAN THE AGE OF 16.5 YEARS & MUST NOT MORE THAN THE AGE OF 19 YEARS.
-- CANDIDATE MUST HAVE COMPLETED +2 WITH SCIENCE STREAM IN ORDER TO APPLY FOR ALL WINGS OF DEFENSE i.e. ARMY, AIR FORCE,NAVY WING.
-- CANDIDATE WHO HAS ONLY COMPLETED +2 OTHER THAN SCIENCE STREAM CAN ONLY APPLY FOR ARMY WING.
-- CANDIDATE MUST BE INDIAN CITIZEN.
30th April 2012, 11:21 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
No girls are not eligible for NDA exam.
But no need to worry if you are completed graduation then you have to apply CDS(combined defence service) exam.

For this you need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

Graduation from any recognised university.

Age limits is 19years to 24years.

You must be a citizen of india.

You must be physically fit.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck
14th August 2012, 10:16 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

No Girls are not eligible for the NDA Entrance examination.

This is all upto my knowledge If I'm wrong anywhere please do forgive.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?