30th September 2011, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Preparations required to become an IAS officer? Should I pursue my higher studies? How to get a government job?

I am doing my B.E 5th sem now, i wish to become a IAS officer. what are the preparations i have to undertake to succeed successfully.. or should i persue with my higher studies .. please advice me to get a good government job

2nd October 2011, 09:42 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Preparations required to become an IAS officer? Should I pursue my higher studies? How to get a government job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my B.E 5th sem now, i wish to become a IAS officer. what are the preparations i have to undertake to succeed successfully.. or should i persue with my higher studies .. please advice me to get a good government job
Good Decision to become IAS officer. !
Don't Get Confused I will provide the information what is required by you to know.

To get enrolled for IAS examination. One has to have these qualifications.

1) you have to obtain 21 years of Minimum age.
2) you should also have a degree of any discipline from a recognized Indian University.

these are the minimum qualifications to get registered for IAS examination.

so i want to make you one thing clear that there is no need to pursue higher studies because it will do nothing but time waste.
There is no need of Higher studies if your goal is to become a civil servant.

Success in Civil service Exam(IAS exam) can't be assured without proper hard work and planning.

as you are in your 3rd year B.tech from now only you have to frame your mind towards the preparation for IAS entrance exam.

->Know about examination pattern.
->Know about syllabus
->Know about books availability.
->Keep a special eye on General knowledge.
->Do a special study for Current affairs and International Current affairs.
->Develop your personality physically and Mentally.
->Practice being true in your life with your lifestyle.

These are the few tips for the newbie aspirants of IAS officers

IAS officer job is not for pleasure or anything like that its something which is responsible and also the officer should have a strong will to help the society,district,state,country. On a whole he should have helping nature.

This is what tested in Civil service entrance exam in various phases.

for any further doubts regarding this exam you can feel free to pose your queries.
We are ready to help you.

Regards
2nd October 2011, 11:07 AM
jevirsinh

Default Re: Preparations required to become an IAS officer? Should I pursue my higher studies? How to get a government job?

Hi

IAS exam consists of following papers.

Paper I — General Studies 150 marks

Paper II — An Optional subject 300 marks.

1-General study topic.

Current Events
History of India
Geography
General Science
Comprehension
Logical reasoning
analytical ability
Decision making
problem solving
General mental ability......etc.

2-Following are the optional subject for IAS.

Agriculture,
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science,
Botany,
Chemistry,
Commerce,
Economics,
Electronics & communication engineering,
Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering,
Civil Engineering,
Geography,
Geology,
Indian History,
Law,
Mathematics,
Medical Science,
Philosophy,
Physics,
Political Science,
Psychology,
Public Administration,
Sociology,
Statistics,
Zoology
etc..

To Prepare your self or go for I.A.S coaching,many centers offers the I.A.S Coaching.

All the best..
2nd October 2011, 12:19 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Preparations required to become an IAS officer? Should I pursue my higher studies? How to get a government job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Preparations required to become an IAS officer? Should I pursue my higher studies? How to get a government job?

Eligibility criteria to Register for an IAS exam
  • This exam is conducted by upsc and you can get more details on http://www.upsc.gov.in
  • The candidate must have atleast a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized board or university.
  • AGE- 21 to 30 years
  • There has been a provision of age relaxation of 3 years to OBC candidates and 5 years to sc/st candidate.
  • Higher education will not help you as after completing your b.tech you will clear eligibility criteria so i will advice you not to waste your valuable time .

Tips to Perform better in IAS exam

• IAS is considered a bit tough to crack so you need hard labour .
  • Practice previous year papers and new sample papers .
  • You can join any good coaching for better preparation.
  • Alternatively you must have good command on general knowledge means current affairs.
  • You should have good knowledge of history.
  • In next step question are asked to judge your personality that is "how will you treat the people after being an IAS officer ".
  • At last your hard work and labour will make the differnece.

With Regards
rchauhan294
30th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Preparations required to become an IAS officer? Should I pursue my higher studies? How to get a government job?

Sir/ Madam ,
I respected this study and I like and not only this IAS officer is my dream I also very excited about the studies for IAS examnination . Now Repected Sir / Mam I am presently in B.com 3 rd year and i am also in CA Final . Now i am little confused than what can i do for Become a IAS Officer Please gind me .................................................
PUNEET PODDAR
5th May 2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH SHOULD WE STUDY TO BECOME IAS OFFICER
6th July 2012, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

whta subject should i choose in class 11th which will help me in becoming an ias
3rd February 2013, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS officer if I take biology in 11th and 12th ?
3rd February 2013, 08:54 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

In order to prepare for IAS exam, you need lots and lots of preparation for the written exam.

The exam is one of the toughest exams in India.

The exam comprises of:

Prelims Exam

Mains Exam

In the prelims exam you will be having two sessions, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon you need to pass both the exams in order to qualify for the mains exam.

Thank you,

All the best.
25th June 2013, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

What is the value,functions and parts of ias officer?
25th June 2013, 07:10 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

First be specific on your aim. Do you want to become IAS officer or you simply want any government job. If your aim is to become IAS officer then go for it. There is no reason why you can not appear for the Civil Services Examination.

However if you only want government job then there is no need to study further. Bachelor's degree in Engineering can get you government job. You can apply in the Public Sector Undertaking but your marks should be at least 60 percent in the B.Tech course.

Other option will be Indian Engineering Service. Apply for it only if you have completed B.Tech in Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Communications and Electrical Engineering.

While other branches candidates can also apply but since the exam is conducted in these 4 branches only, you will find it extremely hard to prepare for the exam and clear it.

Now if you are only interested in Indian Administrative Service then you must clear the Civil Services Examination. You can appear for it after completing graduation.

But you should prepare for it for at least 8 to 10 months to have any chance of clearing the Civil Services Examination. You should study NCERT Books for Class 12th and at the same time watch news and read newspapers, policitcal magazines etc.

Internet can also help you out. Download the previous years papers and start solving them. See which are the areas where you need to work more.

IAS Eligibility

1. You must have Indian citizenship.

2. A valid Bachelor's degree.

3. No percentage criteria in graduation.

4. Must be 21 years old to appear for exam.

5. Should be less than 30 years else will cross the age limit.

6. But in case of OBC the age limit is 33 years.

7. SC/ST can apply for exam up to 35 years.

8. There are no physical criteria for IAS exam.

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Personal Interview

Attempts

1. General candidate has maximum of 4 attempts.

2. OBC can appear for IAS exam 7 times.

3. No such limit for SC/ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?