26th July 2018, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force for 10th girl student?

Dear Sir/Madam, I am a girl student and I want to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force. I am studying in 10th standard right now. Please help me to know about the procedure to become a Pilot there. Waiting for your response!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force? Information about Physical eligibility and exam pattern?
  2. Is it possible to be a Pilot after completing Bachelor in Engineering? Procedure to become a Pilot?
  3. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  4. How can I become a fighter pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a class 10th student
  5. Can I become a fighter pilot in India Air Force?
  6. What are the requirements for Indian Air Force pilot for a girl aspirant?
  7. Can a girl become a fighter pilot in IAF? What is the procedure to apply for it?
  8. Procedure to become a Pilot In Indian Air Force?
  9. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate?
  10. What to do after 12th PCB to join Indian Air Force? Procedure for joining NDA?
  11. How can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a girl having secured 1st division in 12th Class with Science stream?
  12. What should I study to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a 10th student?
  13. Procedure to be followed to become an Air Force Pilot after 12th MEC group?
  14. Is it necessary to study PCM to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  15. How can I join the Indian Air Force after passing 10th? Eligibility criteria, entrance exams, courses for Jet Pilot, fees and admission procedure?
  16. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How can I apply for Pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a student of 12th in science stream
  18. How can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force if pursuing B.Tech(CSE) 4th year and achieved Grade-A in NCC(B & C)?
28th July 2018, 06:01 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force for 10th girl student?

A female/girl candidate cannot directly apply for Pilot post in Indian Air Force.

To apply for Pilot post, girl candidates can apply through AFCAT exam only.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.
  • AFCAT Online Application starts: 16th June 2018
  • Last date to apply for AFCAT: 15th July 2018
  • Exam Date of AFCAT: August 2018
Through AFCAT, they can join Flying branch of Indian Air Force.

Girls can join Officers Training Academy (OTA) through CDS Exam.

CDS Exam is conducted by UPSC.
  • CDS II Online Application starts: 8th August 2018
  • Last date to apply for CDS II: 3rd September 2018
  • Exam Date of CDS II: 18th November 2018
29th July 2018, 09:20 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force for 10th girl student?

Indian Air Force is one of the wings of Indian Defence.

The eligibility criteria for IAF:

Minimum academic qualification required is 12th from a recognized board with PCM subjects. Female candidates are not eligible for NDA examination.

You can get chance to join Air Force through AFCAT exam and Combined Defence Services. Unmarried female candidates are eligible for CDS, AFCAT exam.
29th July 2018, 09:27 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Being a girl candidate pursuing her Class 10th, you are not eligible for joining Indian Air force flying branch as a pilot as the minimum education required for a girl candidate to join any defense services wings at any post is a bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Further, for joining Indian Air force for becoming a pilot, you need to qualify AFCAT i.e; Air force Common Admission Test held by IAF twice every year. And for appearing in the same examination, you need to have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline and Class 12th with Mathematics and Physics as main subjects from a recognized institutes. Students holding B.E. or B.Tech degree are also eligible.

For more detailed information regarding AFCAT, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
29th July 2018, 01:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate, the only option for you to join Indian Air force is through AFCAT ( Air force Common Admission Test ).

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in AFCAT to join its flying branch is a bachelor degree in any discipline or B.E./B.Tech degree with at least 60% marks from a recognized university. You must have pursued Mathematics and Physics at Class 12th and must have secured at least 60% marks in your Class 12th.

For more details regarding different opportunities available in Indian Air force, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
30th July 2018, 12:37 PM
PRATYASHA RAY

Hello,
A female/girl candidate cannot directly apply for Pilot post in Indian Air Force.

To apply for Pilot post, girl candidates can apply through AFCAT exam only.

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.
AFCAT Online Application starts: 16th June 2018
Last date to apply for AFCAT: 15th July 2018
Exam Date of AFCAT: August 2018
Through AFCAT, they can join Flying branch of Indian Air Force.

Girls can join Officers Training Academy (OTA) through CDS Exam.

CDS Exam is conducted by UPSC.
CDS II Online Application starts: 8th August 2018
Last date to apply for CDS II: 3rd September 2018
Exam Date of CDS II: 18th November 2018
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?