21st June 2010, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Pilot In Indian Air Force?

Respected Sir,
My Name Is Mayur Indalkar. & I given 12th Exam (Science Stream) In Maharashtra Board.
I want to be a Pilot In Indian Air Force.
please tell me the Procedure..

1st July 2010, 02:40 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Pilot In Indian Air Force?

Well you have more or less 4 oppurtunities in whole life to do so.

1) NDA: National Defence Academy Exam is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year. Selection is made through thre steps viz: Written Test of 900 marks based on +2 CBSE science and syllabus and combination of other subjects, secondly those who will qualify NDA will call for SSB, after that Medical Fitness test.

Exam are conducted mainly in April and September, keep reading employment news.

Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must be passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.

Age Limit: Candidate must not reach the age of 19 and 1/2 years before the commencement of training, which is generally held from 1 july every year.

2) CDSE: Combined Defence Service Examination, is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year, basically in the month of April and September.

Eligibility Criteria: Candidate those who have passed there B.Tech with at least 60% aggregate including all semester and also have studied Physics and MAthematics at +2.

Those who are in there final year can also apply, but there should not be any Backlogs.

Age Limit: 23 years

3) NCC Special Entry Scheme: Candidates who holds at least NCC "C" Certificate in Air Wings od Senior Level.

Eligibility Criteria: Same as above

4) Short Servie Commission: Which are specially meant for recruiting Candidates in flying branch for 14 years of service. After end of period if they deserve will be granted permanent comission, if not then get placed in reputed companies like- Air India etc......

Regards
~Faiyaz~
1st July 2010, 01:07 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
there are two option to you
firstly you can through nda exam on the basis of 12th level.
more information www.upsc.gov.in
second you can through cbs on the basis of graduation level with you get ncc certificate.
1st July 2010, 04:09 PM
Rupashree

Smile Re: Procedure to become a Pilot In Indian Air Force?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
My Name Is Mayur Indalkar. & I given 12th Exam (Science Stream) In Maharashtra Board.
he following are the three modes of entry for engineers to join the Flying branch:

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
You can take the Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC) to join the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

Educational Qualifications
Any Graduate ( Three Year Course )/ BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog.
No Percentage Bar for CDSE entry.
National Cadet Corps Special Entry ( Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC )
As a Air Wing Senior division 'C' Certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.
For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

Any Graduate Degree ( Three year Course)/ BE / B Tech ( Four Year Course) with minimum 60 % marks in Aggregate in all papers put together in Graduation with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister.
NCC Air Wing Senior Division 'C' certificate

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women) with Term of Engagement of 14 Years with no further extension
Both men and women are eligible to apply for short service commission in the flying branch. ” Short Service Commission in Flying branch is for 14 years with no further extension.

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

This is applicable to both men and women.

Any Graduate Degree ( Three year Course)/ BE / B Tech ( Four Year Course) with minimum 60 % marks in Aggregate in all papers put together in Graduation with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister

All the very best...
1st July 2010, 04:47 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Respected Sir,
You can try for the NDA exam if you are looking forward for a career in armed forces after 12th else you will have to look for CDS (Combined Defence Service) examination, if you are planning to take it up after graduation.
4th July 2010, 11:29 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Respected Sir,
Dear friend you fill the form the form of NDA and then apply for Air Force.

If you clear the NDA exam then you will get call letter for SSB.

there you can opt for either army or air force and for pilots there is one machine test that you will have to clear.

Hope you will get succeed..
10th July 2010, 04:08 PM
patel nirmal

what should i do for become national cadet corps?i am in b.tech 5 th sem ec.
13th July 2010, 06:28 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend you need to fill the form for mda if you want to join then you will get a call letter for ssb
and for those who apply after their graduation they need to appear for the cds exam
afetr completion of your b.tech you can apply for tht .
24th July 2010, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i m udai , B.Tech final year student want to be a pilot . i don't have knowledge how to be? plz help me to tell about how to apply & criteria also.
7th August 2010, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scope for a girl with science stream to enter IAF just after class 12th??
15th August 2010, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

i m jeetendra nagpal. i had just passed 10 2 maharashtra board (commerce field). i want to know that is there any scope to fill form for pilot?
29th August 2010, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

respected sir!
Now I am 12th .My marks in ssc 92%.Now I am studying 12th in RGUKT (IIIT) in AP.I want to join Indian Air Force to become a pilot .My cast is "st".Is there any opportunity to me in reservation quota .If there is an entrance exam please tell me when?.which book I have to prepare for exam?Sir please give reply .My email ID: [email protected]
31st August 2010, 07:19 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

Yes , you can be a pilot in IAF ,for that you have to appear in exams which are conducted by upsc.. for doing so, you must have complete your graduation first..

the name of such exams are -

1.NDA (national efense academy)

2.CDS ( combined defense service)

the age criteria is your age should be less than 23 years..

all the best..
24th September 2010, 12:35 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Please follow these points to become a pilot in air force:
1. Get selected in NDA conducted UPSC.
2. Clear PABT: Pilot aptitude based training test which is conducted by airforce itself . This test is conducted once in a life hence take it seriously.
3. You will be undergone in selection test which consist of : physical test, psychological test, group test and interview.
4. Medical examination and at last merit list is prepared.

Please visit this link for form date and further info about career in airforce:
http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...varientry.html
10th October 2010, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

HELLO!
NOW I AM STUDYING DEGREE . I WANT TO BECOME A PILOT.
PLEASE TELL WHAT IS THE PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY FOR IT .
ACTUALLY MY FAMILYY IS MIDDLE-CLASS. SO THEY DIDN'T INVEST MONEY FOR TRAINING. SO PLEASE TELL ME A SUGGESTIONS
FOR MY CAREER. MY FRIENDS SAY TRAINING FEES:APPOR(1LAC-2LAC) IS IT RIGHT ?
PLEASE GIVE ME A REPLY TO MY E-MAIL
([email protected]).
12th October 2010, 01:18 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you can join in Indian Air Force in two ways.

1.through UES. which exam you can appear in the final year of your btech.

2.through UPSC exam. which exam you can appear after doing your btech.

if you do good result during interview then you will be selected as a Pilot In Indian Air Force.

all the best...........
30th November 2010, 10:45 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

you should qualify your graduation because the exams for which you are asking need graduation qualification like-CDS UES SSC.for more information visit-www.carrierairforce.nic
9th December 2010, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello m nitin i hve dne my 2 in commerce with 82percent .is there any scope for me to become a pilot
9th December 2010, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

Way to go in indian air as fighter pilot but 10 2 in commerce
15th December 2010, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
my aim is to become a pilot.currently i am studying in 1.my age is 15 yrs.i wish to qualify for the nda.but my family is pursuing me to get a B.SC degree after completion of my 2,my age after completion of my B.SC would be 19 years.is there any scope for me then to become a pilot?
16th December 2010, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 2 com with 60% and i have certificate of freedom fighter and my aim to become a fighter pilot in air force. Pls givé me advice
23rd December 2010, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

I AM IN 11..TH ...I HAVE PURE COMMERCE ..AND WANNA JOIN NDA ..IS IT POSSIBLE ??
29th December 2010, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

HELLO I M ATUL FROM DELHI I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE PROCEDURE TO JOIN THE INDIAN AIR FORCE AS A PILOT . I M IN 12 (SCIENCE STREAM).
26th January 2011, 11:49 PM
Shaleen Bhardwaj

Quote:
I AM IN 11..TH ...I HAVE PURE COMMERCE ..AND WANNA JOIN NDA ..IS IT POSSIBLE ??
well if u have mathematics as a optional sub in 12 den , u can only try 4 army wing in nda,
28th January 2011, 02:20 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello!!

If you have pass 12th exam then you can join Airforce by writing NDA exam.Maximum age limit is 19 years.

Also you can join through UES scheme after your BE or BTECH if you are doing engineering.

You can also write for CDS exam for getting into this.

All the best!!!
6th February 2011, 05:12 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Procedure to become a Pilot In Indian Air Force?

Hi

Since you have appeared in the 10+2 exam the best mode of entry in Indian Air Force for you is NDA. NDA is the National Defence Academy exam conducted twice in a year. The exam is named as NDA-I and NDA-II. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

As you want to become a pilot and also you are from science stream , so you are eligible to apply for the NDA exam. The complete eligibility criteria for the NDA exam is given below:

The age limit for the NDA is 16 ½ to 19 yrs.

Education Qualification
12th Class pass with Physics and Maths . 12th appeared students are also eligible to appear for the exam.

Date of Notification
The date of notification for the exam is generally published during the month of Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr.

Vacancies
The total number of vacancies for the NDA in IAF is 66.

So you can apply for the NDA if you want to make your carrier in Indian Air Force as a pilot.

GOOD LUCK
6th February 2011, 05:30 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hi,

You can become a pilot in the Indian Airforce and touch the skies by applying in the IAF through the following procedure.

As you have passed class 12th intermediate exam, you can join the IAF through NDA.
National Defence Academy selects its cadets by conducting an NDA exam which is held twice a year by the UPSC.

1.Age Limit-16.5 years to 19 years.

2.Educational Qualification: Studying in class 12 or passed the same or an equivalent exam under 10+2 education system with physics and maths as your subjects.

3.Unmarried candidates may only apply.

4.Minimum Height: 157.6 cms.

So, if you fulfil the above criteria, you can apply through NDA.

For more details, Visit:

http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ermediate.html
6th February 2011, 07:38 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hi Mayur,

Well there is no dough that you are not eligible for writing NDA exam.You are very much eligible and since you are a science student you can go for air force as you need to have studied maths and physic.I guess you have scored good marks in that.The minimum criteria for appearing this exam is that you need to have certificate for class 12 and above or equivalent to that.You can refer 11 and 12 standard books as the syllabus will be from there.

Best of luck.
8th February 2011, 07:15 PM
aryabhatta

dear

to become an air force pilot if you have passed 12th then you have to appear in the NDA exam if you clear that then you have to go through the medical exam if you clear this that you have to appear in PABT conducted by AIR FORCE if you clear then you are eligible for pilot
21st March 2011, 07:48 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Applications are invited in the month of January/February from eligible male and female (both unmarried) Indian citizens for SSC Course for Helicopter Pilots in Flying Branch for the courses commencing in January and July.

Age limit for IAF Pilots :
19 to 23 years on the 1st of the month of commencement of the course.

Minimum Educational Qualification for IAF Pilots:
BSc {Physics/Maths) 3 years or BE 4 years or BSc (General) 3 years with Physics and Maths.
The candidate should not have failed INS-B/PAB Test earlier.
Should not have been suspended in Flying Training earlier.

Details Regarding Selection Procedure
Interivews Test/ Personality Test All candidates will be required to appear for Pilot Aptitude Battery Test, except those
already qualified previously. All PAB Test qualified candidates will then be required to appear for rest of the Air Force
Selection Board tests comprising of officers Intelligence Test/Psychological/Group Tests and Interview. The total selection period is approx 5 or 6 days. Candidates finally recommended by the Selection Board will be routed to Medical Examination which may take another 6 or 7 days. Duration of training is 72 weeks at Air Force Academy.
29th March 2011, 10:56 PM
sumit9897gaur

To Become A Fighter Pilot:

There are differnt modes of Entry To join Indian Airforce:
MODE OF ENTRY
National Defence Academy
One of the premier Inter-Service Training Institutions of the world, it has a three - year course before one is inducted as a Pilot Trainee at the Air Force Academy.

Age Limit :- 16 ½ to 19 years

Educational Qualifications :- Minimum 10 + 2 with Physics and Mathematics.

Entrance :- Through a written examination conducted by UPSC followed by a Services Selection Board interview for those who pass the written examination.

Advertisement itinerary :- In the month of April/ November by UPSC. The format of application will be available in the Employment News. At the end of the NDA Course the candidate is awarded a B Sc degree by Pune University.

Air Force Academy (CDSE)

Age Limit :- 19 to 23 years

Educational Qualifications :- B Sc (Physics and/ or Mathematics) or B E.
(You should be a B Sc (Maths) or B Sc (Physics)).
Entrance :- Through a written examination conducted by UPSC followed by a Services Selection Board interview for those who pass the written examination.
Advertisement itinerary :- In the month of April/ November by UPSC. The format of application will be available in the Employment News. Successful candidates join the Air Force Academy directly for Pilot Training.
31st March 2011, 06:59 PM
lucas basumatary

m' Martha Basumatary studing 11th standard in science stream (CBSE). my ambition is to become a pilot. but i dont have much information about the preferences and scope given to the female aspirant in pilot sector. please suggest me in favour of female students.
20th April 2011, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/mam,
My self parikshit kapure and now i am in 11th (CBSE) and taken PCM. From childhood my dream is to become piolet in Indian Air Force at higher post. So sir/mam what should i do from now to succed at my gole.
23rd April 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir
I m imran khan now i m persuing BBA final year.once i have missed 12'th exam due to some problem does it affect my career ? i want to become pilot in air force. plz. reply me soon on my email [email protected]
4th May 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am anushree patil . I have just given my 10th exam. my aim is to become a pilot in IAF . Please give me detail information about qualification , physical status, etc.
Eagerly waiting for reply.
Thank you
4th May 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO JOIN IN INDIAN AIRFORCE PLEASE ANYBODY GIVE INSTRUCTION ABOUT IT
22nd May 2011, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Good afternoon sir i m peresuing btech 4th sem from mechanical branch nd i want to become a fighter pilot so what would i do
thrs a request that you plz help me by giving some information on my id like this is the right way of becoming a best fighter pilot
my id is [email protected]
29th May 2011, 05:34 PM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

you have more or less 4 oppurtunities in whole life to do so.

1) NDA: National Defence Academy Exam is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year. Selection is made through thre steps viz: Written Test of 900 marks based on +2 CBSE science and syllabus and combination of other subjects, secondly those who will qualify NDA will call for SSB, after that Medical Fitness test.

Eligibility Criteria: Candidate must be passed class 12 (PCM) with at least 60% aggregate. Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.

Age Limit: Candidate must not reach the age of 19 and 1/2 years before the commencement of training, which is generally held from 1 july every year.

2) CDSE: Combined Defence Service Examination, is conducted by UPSC (http://www.upsc.gov.in) twice every year, basically in the month of April and September.

Eligibility Criteria: Candidate those who have passed there B.Tech with at least 60% aggregate including all semester and also have studied Physics and MAthematics at +2.

Those who are in there final year can also apply, but there should not be any Backlogs.

3) NCC Special Entry Scheme: Candidates who holds at least NCC "C" Certificate in Air Wings od Senior Level.

4) Short Servie Commission: Which are specially meant for recruiting Candidates in flying branch for 14 years of service. After end of period if they deserve will be granted permanent comission, if not then get placed in reputed companies like- Air India etc......

Thanks
22nd June 2011, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

i have passed my 12th(non medical) with 70% and i want to be pilot. plz tell me wat 2 do and how
7th July 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
this is begum , i have completed my 10th standard , now i am pursuing diploma in E.E.E now i am in final year iwant to become a pilot , i am having a 89% in diploma and i am having good communication skills and good physical fittness . please give me information for how to become a pilot? and inform me when applications are given i am eagerly waiting for reply ....
7th July 2011, 10:54 PM
Civil Services
Junior Member+

My friend,off-course you can be a pilot in Indian air force ,If you want then for it you have to appear in exams which are conducted by upsc.
the name of such exams are given below;-1.NDA 2.CDS, these are the two way for IAF.
For this the age criteria is, your age should be less than 23 years.
best of luck
19th July 2011, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

dear sir i am airman but i want to became a pilot officer so what can i do?
19th July 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

pls anybody tell full procedure to study pilot.now i am b.e
31st July 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have passed my 12th in 2009 with 56% marks from nonmedical now I am doing b.tech. from mech. branch.I want to be a fighter pilot in indian airforce.Would u tell me what I have to do?
13th August 2011, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i am ganesh madane.
if once anyone get selected in technical (group x) trade then he want to be a pilot, then is there any chance to him to be an airforce pilot ?
13th August 2011, 05:25 PM
saurabhkaushal333

first youhave to clear nda entrance test then you can join pilot
14th August 2011, 12:25 AM
ammajii

Hi dear,

Thanks
28th August 2011, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

girls can become a pilot in Indian Air Force ?
19th September 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

after 12 can i go for air force training as a pilot
what is its eligiblity????
21st September 2011, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;102876]Respected Sir,
My Name is Tijo Thomas, i am studying in the 12th standard i want to become a pilot in the indian air force please tell me how to join
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?