14th June 2012, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for Pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a student of 12th in science stream

I am a student of 12 in science stream(PCM) and I am a girl can I apply as a pilot for Indian Air Force and if not so why?

16th June 2012, 12:57 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: How can I apply for Pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a student of 12th in science stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of 12 in science stream(PCM) and I am a girl can I apply as a pilot for Indian Air Force and if not so why?
Hey friend,

You can join in as a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a +2 with PCM As subjects as you satisfy the education qualification needed for joining in IAF by writing the entrance exam.

The entrance exam which you need to write is the NDA Exam

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

This exam is being conducted by UPSC and this exam is being conducted twice as NDA I and NDA II.

The criteria's which you need to satisfy are that you need to be a citizen of India and must be a unmarried male candidate.

The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years

Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects for joining in Indian Air Force

You need to be physically fit while appearing for the NDA Exam.

If you satisfy all the above criteria's then you are eligible for the exam.

Selection Procedure:
  • Written Test
  • SSB Interview
  • Medical Test

For more information regarding the exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th June 2012, 09:39 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a student of 12th in science stream

Dear friend ,

The procedure you have to follow in order to apply for pilot in INdian Air Force are depicted below in steps for your convenience :

* You must have passed 12th with PCM as your main subjects and a minimum of 55% marks.

* After passing 12th , you have to appear in NDA exam and you have to qualify this exam , so that you can be selected in NDA.

* If you get more than 70% marks , then you can be selected for Indian Air Force , because only the highest rankers get chosen in Indian Air Force.

Eligibility Criteria for NDA exam are :

* you must be a citizen of India.

* your age must lie in between 16.5 and 19 years.

* you must be unmarried.

* you must have passed 12th or 12th appearing.

Hope the information will help you.

For further details , you can also visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in/
16th June 2012, 12:00 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a student of 12th in science stream

To become a pilot firstly you have to get the students pilot license. For this you have to give an exam, You should pass class 10 to give this exam and your minimum age should be 16 yrs of old.
The exam is an objective written type exam which will test your mathematical knowledge about aircraft, engines and aerodynamics.

The next stage is the private pilot license(PPL). This includes 60 hours of flying( 40 hours with instructors and 20 hours solo) along with which a written exam needs to be given. The exam will be conducted by the DGCA. To give this exam you have to minimum pass 10+2 exam with maths, physics and chemistry. Age should be between 18-30 years.

The last stage is the commercial pilot license for which you need to know minimum 200 hours of flying.
16th June 2012, 02:50 PM
dmahes

Hello friend,
It is possible.First you choose the course Aeronautical Engineering in any college. Do well your studies. After your completion of your course, then you write the entrance exam for INDIAN AIR FORCE service. If you write well the entrance exam then you will call to the interview. If you do well then you select the tainee programer of IAF. They you get your ambition of pilot in the Indian Air Force surely.
I believe that the informations are helpful to you......
THANK YOU FRIEND......
16th June 2012, 02:53 PM
dmahes

Hello friend,
It is possible.First you choose the course Aeronautical Engineering in any college. Do well your studies. After your completion of course, then you write the entrance exam for INDIAN AIR FORCE service. If you write well the entrance exam then you will call to the interview. If you do well then you select the tainee programer of IAF. They you get your ambition of pilot in the Indian Air Force surely.
I believe that the informations are helpful to you......
THANK YOU FRIEND......
8th July 2012, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

how i join airforce
6th September 2012, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

Hi im in bsc 2nd year.how can i apply indian air force
7th January 2013, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

can i get job in indian air force as a pilot after 12th, with commerce stream, without maths...?
8th January 2013, 02:11 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello

To join Indian Air Force after 12th you must crack NDA exam . NDA exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. NDA exam are for following wings
Indian Army
Indian NAvy
Indian Airforce

Eligibility Criteria For NDA
Only male and Unmarried Candidate are eligible. girls are not allowed.
age must be in between 16.5-19 years.
12th is the minimum eligibility to appear this exam.
If you want to join air force then you should have maths subject in 12th
age of the candidate 16.5 to 19 year,
candidate should be Indian.
20th January 2013, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am studying in 10 and want to join INDIAN AIR FORCE. I m a girl and what steps should i take to go for this?
20th January 2013, 03:41 PM
aman1257

Smile Re: How can I apply for Pilot in Indian Air Force? I am a student of 12th in science stream

HI

Hey friend,

You can join in as a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a +2 with PCM As subjects as you satisfy the education qualification needed for joining in IAF by writing the entrance exam.

The entrance exam which you need to write is the NDA Exam

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

This exam is being conducted by UPSC and this exam is being conducted twice as NDA I and NDA II.

The criteria's which you need to satisfy are that you need to be a citizen of India and must be a unmarried male candidate.

The age limit needed for the exam is that the candidate must have 16 1/2-19 years

Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects for joining in Indian Air Force

You need to be physically fit while appearing for the NDA Exam.

If you satisfy all the above criteria's then you are eligible for the exam.

Selection Procedure:
Written Test
SSB Interview
Medical Test

For more information regarding the exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
20th January 2013, 08:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If one has to become Air Force Pilot after 10+2 then one must have following qualification.

-10+2 with Physics and Mathematics from a Recognised Board of Education.

-Must be Unmarried Indian Male .Girls are not eligible to apply for Air Force after 10+2.

-Age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

One can apply for NDA examination by visiting UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

NDA notification comes twice in a year in the month of May/June and Nov/Dec.

The selection will be based on the marks obtained in the Written Examination and SSB Interview.

Successful candidates will undergo medical examination before being send for training in the Academy.

If girls want to become Pilot in Air Force then they must complete Graduation and then apply for Exams like CDS and AFCAT.

For more information visit following sites:

For UPSC http://www.upsc.gov.in

For Indian Air Force http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?