12th April 2016, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

What should I study to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a 10th student?

Hello,
My dream is to join Indian Air Force from my childhood. Now I am a student in 10th class and in future I want to join Indian Air Force. So what should I do further? Which education should I take further? And how can I become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?

13th April 2016, 09:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a 10th student?

If you are interested to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a 10th standard student, you must have to pursue your higher studies in Non-Medical Science stream. To join in Indian Air Force, you must have to appear in National Defence Academy (NDA) examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. So, to be eligible to appear in NDA examination, you must have to pursue 11th standard with Non-Medical Science stream from a recognised board after completion of your 10th standard.
14th April 2016, 01:00 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force being a 10th student?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force after 10th.

The minimum required qualification to join Air Force as Pilot is graduation degree from any recognised university in B.Tech course.

The candidates have to appear and qualify in AFCAT examination for final recruitment. So, you need to pursue PCM in 10+2 and after that B.tech.
14th April 2016, 01:21 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test and the examination is conducted by Air Force twice every year.

The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is bachelor in technology to appear for Flying Officer jobs.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination after 10+2. To have more information about examination visit at www.careerairforce.nic.in.
14th April 2016, 07:58 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become pilot in Indian Air Force through NDA/NA entrance exam after 10+2. For joining Indian Air Force, you must apply for NDA exam and clear written test and Service Selection board in order to become pilot in Air Force.

After 10th board exams, you must pursue 10+2 from a recognized board in science stream with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects. For Air Force, Mathematics and Physics is compulsory in 10+2.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years for candidates of all category. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for examination. For any more details regarding this exam, you can visit official website of UPSC, that is http://www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?