22nd February 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Air Force for a student pursuing B.Tech?

Hello sir i am studying B. E. I am interested in joining airforce .and i dont no that when they conduct exams and all. so i want detailed information about exam procedure n in which month exams wil conduct. N how to apply application for that.

Related Questions:
  1. Can i join Air Force? i am a B.E. student
  2. How can I join Indian Air Force after pursuing B.Tech in ECE?
  3. How to join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year
  4. Procedure to join Army and Air Force being a female candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech?
  5. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  6. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  7. How to join Indian Air Force after pursuing B.E Electrical? Procedure for the same? When is the exam?
  8. What to do after 12th PCB to join Indian Air Force? Procedure for joining NDA?
  9. Can I apply for interview directly in Indian Air Force through Fast Track Selection process if secured 79.67% in B.Tech(ECE)? Procedure to apply for it?
  10. How should I join Indian Air Force? What is the procedure?
  11. What shall I do to join Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 1st year of ECE?
  12. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I join Air Force as a Pilot? I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year IT
  14. Can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing B-Pharmacy from Pune University being a Medical student in 12th Class?
  15. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  16. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force? -- [New]
  17. After B.E ECE how can I join Indian Air Force?
  18. How can I join Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
25th February 2011, 01:23 PM
manish2588

Default Re: Procedure to join Air Force for a student pursuing B.Tech?

The following are the three modes of entry for engineers to join the Flying branch:
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)

You can take the Combined Defence Services Examination (written test conducted by UPSC) to join the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

Educational Qualifications
Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) .
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog.
No Percentage Bar for CDSE entry.

Advertisement Schedule:

April and September Every Year

National Cadet Corps Special Entry ( Through CO NCC Unit / DG NCC )
As a Air Wing Senior division 'C' Certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, you can apply to the Flying branch of the Indian Air Force. Men can join the Air Force through this mode of entry and will be given a Permanent Commission.

For applying through any of the entry points mentioned above, you must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister.
NCC Air Wing Senior Division 'C' certificate.

Advertisement Schedule:

April and October Every Year

Flying (Pilot) Short Service Commission (For Men & women)
with Term of Engagement of 14 Years with no further extension
Both men and women are eligible to apply for short service commission in the flying branch. ” Short Service Commission in Flying branch is for 14 years with no further extension.

19 to 23 years* 19 to 25 Years* for CPL Holders (Issued by DGCA (india) ).

Marital Status
Single

Nationality
Indian

This is applicable to both men and women.

Graduate ( Three Year Course ) in any discipline from a recognised university who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech( Four Year Course) from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
Final Year students can also apply, provided thay donot have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semister.
Upper age limit for Candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (india ) is relaxed upto 25 yeras*.
26th February 2011, 11:56 PM
ankurloonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir i am studying B. E. I am interested in joining airforce .and i dont no that when they conduct exams and all. so i want detailed information about exam procedure n in which month exams wil conduct. N how to apply application for that.

For engineers Indian Air Force has framed a special page to cater their need, you can view it HERE
27th February 2011, 10:20 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Dear friend ,

For joining IAF (Indian Air Force) there are mainly two exams ; these are:-

1.Through CDSE(Combined Defense Services examination)-

Qualification required- Any graduate degree/BE/B Tech degree and having passed Physics and maths in class 12th.

Age limit- 19-23 years

Month of exam- It is conducted twice a year. In the month of April and September.

2.Through SSC(Short service commission)-

Qualification required- Any graduate degree/BE/B Tech degree with minimum 60% marks and having passed Physics and maths in class 12th.

Age limit- 19-23 years

Month of exam- It is conducted twice a year. In the month of March and September.

Best wishes!!!!!
15th August 2011, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

if any student have 3 reappear subjects after 3 years of b.tech then he can apply or not
17th November 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am in b tech first year can i join air force this year if i skip btech this year or join ncc airwing this year (ncc is not in my college) i got 61%in (10 2).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?