12th April 2011, 11:16 PM
zahida khanum

Procedure for taking admission in Ph.D?

what is the process of taking admission in phd?

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus, procedure of admission and information about PhD entrance exam?
  2. What is the procedure to follow to take admission for Ph.D in Computer Science?
  3. Procedure for taking admission in Ph.D?
  4. Procedure to get admission in PhD? Universities in Rajasthan offering PhD in Tourism?
  5. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? List of universities offering PhD in tourism? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. In which university I will get admission to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA in IGNOU? Procedure to get admission?
  7. Am I eligible for Ph.D from IITs after doing MCA and BCA course? What is the procedure to take admission?
  8. Procedure to take admission in Ph.D programme in Economics?
  9. Admission procedure of PhD in Human Development?
  10. Procedure to get admission in PhD after MCA?
  11. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? University offering Ph.D in tourism? Procedure to take admission in IGNOU Ph.D in Tourism?
  12. Which one choose between M.Phil and Phd? What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IGNOU? -- [New]
  13. What is the scope of doing Ph.D in Germany after doing M.Sc Biochemistry?
  14. Is it possible to do Ph.D without taking admission in any University?
  15. Admission procedure for Ph.D in Maths through correspondence from a good University?
  16. Admission procedure to study PhD in Computer Application for a candidate who has secured 67% in MCA?
  17. What is the admission criteria of Ph.D? I have done MBA and want to do Ph.D
  18. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
28th April 2011, 06:21 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure for taking admission in Ph.D?

The aspirants can get the application form from the central admission site. The qualification for applying for the program is a Post graduation. You should have a score not less than second class. There is a common entrance test in the streams like Arts, Pharmacy, Management, Philosophy, Engineering etc. For more details visit the official website of the institute.
28th June 2011, 12:03 AM
nikhilpatidar

You will see the eligibility and procedure for doing Ph.D varies with the discipline and university/institute:-
But in general the procedure given below is followed...
1. Eligibility: you need to have Masters level education in relevant(to the proposed subject of research for Ph.D) subject. Some institutes.universities allow exception to this rule for engineers and doctors(for them B.E./B.Tech Or M.B.B.S. is enough).
2.Now according to new UGC rules coming in to force from 2009, you need to clear some sort of entrance exam/interview (whether it is NET or some other exam) for getting admitted to Ph.D program
3. After getting admitted to Ph.D program you need to complete some course work for requisite credits. For getting "registered" for Ph.D at university you need i) completion of credits through coursework, ii) a Formal proposal of research(synopsis) devised in consultation with your guide and approved by doctoral committee, iii) and of course some filled form and fee deposited.
30th November 2011, 05:55 PM
mahi 16

Interested candidate should apply through the prescribed application form available online or available at the office of the particular university.
fill that form and submitted with fee either online or in the office of the university.
31st January 2012, 02:26 PM
Rapchik007

You will see the eligibility and procedure for doing Ph.D varies with the discipline and university/institute:-
1. Eligibility: you need to have Masters level education in relevant(to the proposed subject of research for Ph.D) subject. Some institutes.universities allow exception to this rule for engineers and doctors(for them B.E./B.Tech Or M.B.B.S. is enough).
2.Now according to new UGC rules coming in to force from 2009, you need to clear some sort of entrance exam/interview (whether it is NET or some other exam) for getting admitted to Ph.D program
3. After getting admitted to Ph.D program you need to complete some course work for requisite credits. For getting "registered" for Ph.D at university you need i) completion of credits through coursework, ii) a Formal proposal of research(synopsis) devised in consultation with your guide and approved by doctoral committee, iii) and of course some filled form and fee deposited.
31st January 2012, 07:00 PM
mani_baban

15th July 2012, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir i hve 58 marks in first paper and 91 marks in second paper my total no is 149 can i wil be take admisn in phd and i m belong to obc categry plz tel me tht shld i get the admsn in phd
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?