12th May 2011, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

Qualifications needed for girls to join O.T.A? Age limit and other requirements?

What are the qualifications needed for girls to join o.t.a n what is the age limit n other requirements

27th July 2011, 08:34 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualifications needed for girls to join O.T.A? Age limit and other requirements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the qualifications needed for girls to join o.t.a n what is the age limit n other requirements
CDS (Combined Defence Services Exam) Was conducted By UPSC Twice In a year and to apply for This examination candidates Must have completed his Graduate degree form a recognised university.

So, After Completing Graduation Candidates may join For IMA /OTA, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

But Girls are Only Eligible To apply for OTA (Officers Training Academy) And for this Post You need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and Your age should between 19 To 25 Years.

So, If you have fulfill the Given Eligiblity Criteria, Then You are Eligible to apply for OTA, The Notification Was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website Twice in a year and Eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online OR you can also Obtained the application form Directly from the Post Offices.

The Selection are Based on Entrance Test and Personal Interview And If you clear the Written examination then you are eligible for Interview Session.

The Syllabus and Examination pattern are availiable in the UPSC website OR also in the Given Notification, So please check the Given Notification Properly Because all the Information about CDS Examination was Properly Mentioned in the Given Notification -

http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 499 views)
27th July 2011, 11:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualifications needed for girls to join O.T.A? Age limit and other requirements?

Quote:
dear friend,

Officer's Training Academy(Chennai)-Non Technical Entry(Men):

Educational Qualification:

A Graduation degree from a recognized University.

Age Limit:

Candidate must be between 19 and 24 years.

Duration of Training:

49 Months

so after graduation you are eligible for this post.

all the best.
28th July 2011, 08:23 PM
kunjeyan5282

CDS (Combined Defence Services Exam) Was conducted By UPSC Twice In a year and to apply for This examination candidates Must have completed his Graduate degree form a recognised university.

So, After Completing Graduation Candidates may join For IMA /OTA, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

But Girls are Only Eligible To apply for OTA (Officers Training Academy) And for this Post You need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and Your age should between 19 To 25 Years.

So, If you have fulfill the Given Eligiblity Criteria, Then You are Eligible to apply for OTA, The Notification Was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website Twice in a year and Eligible candidates may fill the Application form Online OR you can also Obtained the application form Directly from the Post Offices.

The Selection are Based on Entrance Test and Personal Interview And If you clear the Written examination then you are eligible for Interview Session.

The Syllabus and Examination pattern are availiable in the UPSC website OR also in the Given Notification, So please check the Given Notification Properly Because all the Information about CDS Examination was Properly Mentioned in the Given Notification -

http://upsc.gov.in
20th August 2011, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

what is the work after ota?
i am doing bcom 2nd year...
what steps should i take now to join ota?
20th August 2011, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

what is the work after ota?
i am doing bcom 2nd year
what should i do now to join ota?
11th January 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

sir,ma name is letminlen haokip (peter) 4rm manipur!I passed airforce x-trade(st) n got gren card on feb 24 2o11,but til 2day 11/jan/12 i dnt recieve ma cal letr!So may i know d reason behind this???Thanks!!
13th February 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir,my date of birth is 22-02-1988. m i eligible for CDS II 2012? Actullly the age limit for OTA is 19-25 but in CDS form its only upto 23 yrs....so can u explain about it....need ur help???
13th February 2012, 03:51 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

OTA - OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY is a wing of CDS and girls are eligible to appear for CDS exam to join OTA.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to:-

Indian Army Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Indian Officer's Training Academy

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for CDS.

The candidate having Physics, chemistry and Mathematics can eligible to apply for all four wings of CDS but candidate having no aforementioned subjects are only be eligible for Indian Officer's Training Academy and Army Academy of CDS. Girls are eligible to apply for OTA.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
14th February 2012, 12:36 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
One can apply for OTA scheme through CDS exam...

CDS exam is conducted twice in every year by UPSC..

OTA stands for Officer's training Academy..

Eligibility for Officer's training Academy (women non technical scheme) :-----
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.

2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.

3.Candidates age should be in between 19-24 years.

4.Candidate must be unmarried/widow/divorced female..

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill..
So, go for the exam..

All the best..
11th March 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a veterinary student and want to join defence through ota...........please could you tell me all the relevant details about it and how to prepare for cracking ota exam.....???
14th March 2012, 07:49 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
For O.T.A you have to pass graduation with any stream.

If you want to join O.T.A then you have to qualify the Combine Defence Services Exam(C.D.S.E).

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

The Age limit for O.T.A is 19-25 year.

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

IMPORTANT DATES FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification:-02.06.2012
Last date of receipt of form:-02.07.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-16.09.2012(SUNDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
12th May 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

what is % required for ota
22nd March 2013, 05:55 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for Officer's training Academy for girls:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.

2.Final year candidates are also eligible for the exam.

3.Candidates age should be in between 19-24 years.

4.Candidate must be unmarried/widow/divorced female..

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

2nd April 2013, 08:42 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Union Public Service Commission conducts the CDSE Examination. Full form of CDS is Combined Defense Service. This exam can be given to enter the following academies:-

i) Indian Military Academy
ii) Naval Academy
iii) Air Force Academy
iv) Officer's Training Academy

Educational Qualification:-

Indian Military Academy: You need to be a graduate in any disicpline from a recognized university.

Naval Academy: You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or you can do B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology.

Air Force Academy: You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics.

Officer's Training Academy: You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: Age should be between 19 and 24 years.

Naval Academy: Age should be between 19 and 22 years.

Air Force Academy: Age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy: Age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Selection Procedure:-

Following are the stages or hurdles you have to cross to finally get selected:
  1. Written Examination
  2. Intelligence Test/Personality Test
  3. Physical Test by SSB

Exam Pattern:-

Hope this helps :-> :->
3rd April 2013, 03:34 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for OTA is Officer's Training Academy.

To join OTA, girls contenders will have to appear for CDS(Combined Defence Services) examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year as CDS-I and CDS-II.

CDS examination is conducted for these following wings:-

* Indian Naval Academy(INA).

* Indian Air Force Academy(IAFA/IAA).

* Indian Military/Army Academy(IMA).

* Officer's Training Academy(OTA).

The selection procedure for OTA examination is mentioned as below:-

* Written examination.

* SSB interview.

* Medical examination.

The eligibility criteria required for the OTA examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any accredited college or university.

* Age limit:- 21-30 yrs.

* Sex:- Both male and female.

* Marital status:- Unmarried or single.

* Nationality:- Indian.

* Physical eligibility:-

26th July 2013, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir, My name is Akansha pandey.I m in 12th std in Arts Field.Can i have a future in IMA.please suggest me.
11th September 2013, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am wanting to know about the maximum number of years a woman can serve the army if she is eligible for cds. plz help.
1st December 2014, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

My name is meenakshi bahukhandi... I am grahwali and doing b.com from grahwal university , uttrakhand... I wanna know the process to join OTA... About the exams , its pattern and also wanna know about CDS and SSB...
30th December 2014, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir I m 12pass student so can I apply for officer in army???
29th June 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is Suchismita Singh .
I am in B Tech Second year computer science. Stream and I want to join in OTA so can I apply for officer in Army
30th March 2016, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

I am graduated student now my aim is to become army officer Iam a girl so what I have to do next
14th February 2018, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

In which date I can apply for OTA exam. I am completed my degree in English with 85 percentage. Now I am doing my ma course. May I know the date of announcement this exam.
27th December 2019, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir , my dob us 3dec 1995 am i applicable for cds exam plz sir answer my ques
28th January 2020, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I am Meenakshi on 13years studying in 8th standard in CBSE syllabus. Can I join to any defence school and thereby join to defence service.Is there any entrance test for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?