26th July 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army? Minimum Educational qualifications and Physical Abilities needed for the Exam? Age limit and Procedure to apply for the Exam?

How can i join Indian Army? What educational qualifications shold i regard and what types of physical abilities are needed? What is the age Limit? What procedures should i have to apply? Can a Nepalese citizen join this?

8th September 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Army? Minimum Educational qualifications and Physical Abilities needed for the Exam? Age limit and Procedure to apply for the Exam?

Why ha why you are not answering 2 my question?
22nd September 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to join Indian Army? Minimum Educational qualifications and Physical Abilities needed for the Exam? Age limit and Procedure to apply for the Exam?

Hi. Me sudip, m frm assam n my age 23 thn i hv no job.
22nd September 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

is there reservation in indian army ?
24th September 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

how to join indian army? Minimum educational qualifications and physical abilities needed for girls . age limit and procedure for girls to apply for
26th September 2011, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

I M DOING BMS CAN I JOIN INDIAN ARMY WITH CDS
18th October 2011, 07:27 PM
Vipul Rastogi

sir,
I am persuing B.com1st year what can i do to join the Indian Army. Please suggest..
26th October 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir i want to join indian army. I m kalpana. Student bsc final with PCM. & how much % is required ?
29th October 2011, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
my name is shivam tiwari i have passed my 12th with commerce . i want to join the Indian Army. can i join Indian Army and how can i join indian army ?

plz Atell me. My id is - [email protected] and my mo. no. is - 8960493145
8th November 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

what is the physical test for indian army
10th December 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir/Madam,
My name is Sandhya.B.Kharat i am appered in T.y.Bcom in commerce.i want to do careere in Indian Army & i want to join the Indian Army. can i join Indian Army and how can i join indian army? please please sir tell me any vacancy for girls in indian Army through Email..My email id is [email protected].
10th December 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

Respecte Sir/Madam,
My name is SANDHYA.B.KHARAT.I am appered in T.Y.Bcom. I want to do career in Indian Army & i want to join the Indian Army in 2012. can i join Indian Army and how can i join indian army of year 2012? please tell me the whole procedure for girls in Indian Army thorugh Email.My email id is [email protected] please........!!!!!
Thank you
10th December 2011, 09:36 PM

Respected Sir/Madam,
My name is SANDHYA.B.KHARAT. I am appered in T.Y.Bcom & i want to join the Indian Army of the year 2012. can i join Indian Army and how can i join indian army 2012? please tell me the whole procedure of to join Indian Army..& the vacancy for girls in Indian Army...please inform me through email.My email id is [email protected]
Thank you
10th December 2011, 10:21 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Army.

As you have not yet completed your graduation level,you have to complete it ,then you can apply for then you can get chance to take admission in Indian Army.

There are some selection procedure such as:
Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

i)For IMA and OTA you must have any degree from any recognized University.

ii)For Naval Academy you should have B.Sc in Physics or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering(BE).

iii)For (AFA) you should have the degree of recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering(BE)

Age Limit:

i)For IMA:19-24 Years

ii)For OTA:19-23 Years

iii)For Naval Academy:19-22 Years

iv)For AFA :19-25 Years

They select the students through the

i) Written Test

ii)Intelligence & Personality test

iii)Medical test.

Exam Pattern

i) Written Test

for IMA / Naval Academy / AFA
All the three papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
Elementary Mathematics
total 300 marks,each paper 100 marks.

for OTA
All the two papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
total 200 marks,each paper of 100 marks.

ii)Intelligence & Personality test :Generally here checks the Personality of the candidate,GD,group planning, physical fitness test, interview, small lectures on general issues & psychological tests. etc...

iii)Medical test.
After getting selected in interview ,the candidates are called for medical examination which is conducted by Military Hospitals.

Pre-Commission training After getting final selected the candidates are called for Training.
10th December 2011, 11:51 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend you have not mentioned about your qualification..
Any ways I am giving you a basic idea to join in army..

If you have done 12th standard then you can join in army wing through NDA exam.

Which is conducted by UPSC twice in every year.

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For Army wing:-

1.Candidate must have completed the 12th in any trade.

2.Candidate must be physically fit.

3.Age should be in between 16.5-19 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

If you are now Pursuing graduation course then you can join in Army through CDS exam.

Eligibility for CDS exam:-

For Indian Military Academy:-
1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidates age should be in between 19-24 years.

3.Candidate must be unmarried male.

4. Candidate must be an Indian.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in CDS exam.

Now you decide in which way you want to join in Army...

All the best.
11th December 2011, 01:56 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Army.

As you have not yet completed your graduation level,you have to complete it ,then you can apply for then you can get chance to take admission in Indian Army.

There are some selection procedure such as:
Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

According to the Eligibility Criteria:

i)For IMA and OTA you must have any degree from any recognized University.

ii)For Naval Academy you should have B.Sc in Physics or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering(BE).

iii)For (AFA) you should have the degree of recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering(BE)

Age Limit:

i)For IMA:19-24 Years

ii)For OTA:19-23 Years

iii)For Naval Academy:19-22 Years

iv)For AFA :19-25 Years

They select the students through the

i) Written Test

ii)Intelligence & Personality test

iii)Medical test.

Exam Pattern

i) Written Test

for IMA / Naval Academy / AFA
All the three papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
Elementary Mathematics
total 300 marks,each paper 100 marks.

for OTA
All the two papers are of objective type containing the
English
General Knowledge
total 200 marks,each paper of 100 marks.

ii)Intelligence & Personality test :Generally here checks the Personality of the candidate,GD,group planning, physical fitness test, interview, small lectures on general issues & psychological tests. etc...

iii)Medical test.
After getting selected in interview ,the candidates are called for medical examination which is conducted by Military Hospitals.

Pre-Commission training After getting final selected the candidates are called for Training.
11th December 2011, 06:22 PM
neo-rocks

Join Indian Army: Serve the Nation

Indian army is the world’s second largest standing army, greater than that of People’s Republic of China and still it is short of manpower. So for those who want to serve the nation, it is time to join Indian armed forces.

Before applying for the post, let us first understand the basic structure of armed force, as it will help us in deciding where we stand in terms of our candidature.

Checklist

Permanent Commission

10+2 through NDA
Graduates (Direct Entry)
Engineering Graduates (Direct Entry)
University Entry Scheme
10+2 PCM Tech
Other Recruitments
Short Service Commission
There are basically four divisions

Officer ranks
Junior Commissioned Officer Ranks
Warrant Officer Rank
Non Commissioned Rank
For details on all these ranks please visit the respective links.

Once we are clear about the Indian army and its ranks, let us have a look at the different processes for selection and the related eligibility criteria.

Permanent Commission
Eligibility: Men with 10+2/ Intermediate, graduates and engineering graduates as officers

Recruitment of Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces is mainly through the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

10+2: Through NDA
Eligibility: Boys with age between 16.5 years to 19 years.

Conducted by UPSC, twice a year in all major cities. There is an interview process with the State Selection Board after clearing the exam. The notification for the exams appears in all major newspapers and publication in addition to the official website.

Graduates (Direct Entry)
Eligibility: age 19-24 years, University graduate or equivalent

Combined Defense Services Examination (CDSE), an all-India competitive examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. After the interview conducted by Service Selection Board, successful candidates can join Indian Military Academy for their pre- commission training. If finally selected, depending on their merit list ranking, they are sent to Indian Military Academy.

Engineering Graduates (Direct Entry)
Eligibility: Age 20-27 years, engineering graduate

An interview is conducted by Service Selection Board and engineering graduate can
directly joint the Indian Military Academy.
22nd March 2012, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

respecter sir/madame
my name is jibon taye.i have done ncc and got my 'b' certificate.i have passed my hslc exam.and thinking of joining after my 12th.so i want to know
what are the physical requirements {test}to join army.please inform me through e-mail:my e-mail is:[email protected]
plese inform me as soon as possible...
24th March 2012, 11:54 PM
Denny_Crane

NDA:: this is the exam which you can take after clearing your class 12th but for joining navy you should have maths and physics as a compulsory subjects .
Your age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years .
It is a written exam followed by SSB and then medical exam.

TES:: Once you have got the result of class12th then you can apply for it.But for it you should have atleast 70% marks in PCM to be eligible for TES entry.This is a direct entry there is no written exam you will directly get a call for SSB.
Your age should be between 17 to 19.5 years.

CDSE::You can take this exam after completing your graduation .There is written exam followed with SSB and medical.You must have maths and physics in class 12th to be eligible for this exam.

UES::Its a university entry scheme .If you have a more then 60% aggregate in your engineering degree then you will be eligible for SSB.
27th March 2012, 06:17 PM
shirley_schmidt

Here are some of the Medical Entrance Exams in 2012 ::

The exams listed below are top medical entrance exams in 2012.

1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam – AIIMS 2012

2. Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Exam – AFMC 2012

3. CMC Vellore Medical Entrance Exam 2012

4. All India Pre Medical / Pre Dental Entrance Examination 2012 – AIPMT 2012

5. Banaras Hindu University Medical Entrance Examination – BHU 2012

6. JIPMER 2012 – JIPMER Medical Entrance Exam 2012

7. Manipal PMT 2012 – Manipal Pre Medical Test (ENAT) 2012

8. AU AIMEE 2012 – Annamalai University All India Medical Entrance Examinations

9. SRM Institute of Science and Technology Medical Entrance Exam 2012

10. Bharati Vidyapeeth University Medical Entrance Exam 2012

11. AIMS 2012 – Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences Aims Medical Exam

12. DUMET 2012 – Delhi University Medical Dental Entrance Test

13. DUPGMET 2012 – Delhi University Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test

14. AIPGDET 2012 – All India Post Graduate Dental Entrance Test

15. HPMT 2012 – Haryana Pre Medical Test 2012

16. HP CPMT – Himachal Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Entrance Test 2012

17. AIPGMET 2012 – All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Test 2012

18. Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Test – COMEDK PGET 2012

19. KEAM 2012 – Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical Entrance Exam 2012

20. MGIMS 2012 – Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science

21. Dr.D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test 2012

22. DUSET – Delhi University Medical Entrance Exam

23. MPMT 2012 – Madhya Pradesh Pre Medical Test

24. PMET 2012 – Punjab Medical Entrance Test

25. RPMT 2012 – Rajasthan Pre-Medical Test

26. MAH CET 2012 – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test 2012

27. All India Pre Veterinary Test 2012 – AIPVT 2012

28. AIPGMEE 2012 – All India Post Graduate Medical/Dental Entrance Exam

29. CETPPMC 2012 – Common Entrance Test for Pondicherry Private Medical Colleges

30. KLE University Under Graduate All India Entrance Test – KLE UGAIET 2012

31. Uttar Pradesh Combined Pre Medical Test – UPCPMT 2012

32. KLE University Post Graduate All India Entrance Test KLE PGAIET – KLE PGAIET 2012

33. Uttaranchal Pre Medical Test 2012 – UPMT 2012

34. Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University Medical Common Entrance Test 2012

35. Mahatma Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences Entrance Exam 2012

36. UPPGMEE 2012 – Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination UPPGMEE

37. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research(PGIMER) Entrance Exam

Good Luck
25th May 2012, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR/MADAM
WHAT ARE MEDICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED FOR DNA
4th June 2012, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

height for selection in army for hilly cadre
15th July 2012, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/madam,
i have specs can i apply for CDSE. My specs no range from 2.5 to 3.00 can i apply. My email id is - [email protected].
thank you
13th October 2012, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

how i join army afterB.Sc
25th October 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

respected sir
. my name is virendra tiwari i am 12 passed in pcm how joined in technical army please say
26th October 2012, 12:38 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,

-For 12th pass you can apply for NDA exam if you want to join defence as an officer .

-If you are 16 ½ to 19 years of age with 10+2 then only you can apply for NDA exam.

-NDA exam is only for unmarried males of India.

-If you have completed your 10+2 with physics and maths then you will be eligible for all the three branches of defence i.e Army , Air Force and Navy.

-IF you are not having physics and maths in 10+2 then you will be eligible only for Indian Army.

-For Graduates there are exams like CDS and AFCAT . The age limit is 19 to 25 years.

-The recruitment procedure includes an objective type paper and SSB interview if you score high in objective type paper.

-You must have the required standards of medical fitness to be able to join defence otherwise you will be rejected during medical examination.

BEST OF LUCK....
31st May 2014, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir\madam
My name is anilkumar i am studying at 9th standard please help me to how to join the Indian army in that land army what was the qualifications of to join please please guide me my email address is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?