26th October 2011, 10:22 PM
rajuranineog

Relaxation in age and the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D from Women Category?

1. Would you please tell me about the relaxation in age and eligibility criteria for doing Ph.d for woman candidate?
2. i completed my M.Lib.from IGNOU in 1998 with the percentage 54.88 and since than i have been working in as librarian in a college. Am i eligible for doing Ph.D?

6th August 2016, 08:16 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Relaxation in age and the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D from Women Category?

There is no relaxation for women category in Ph.D (Library Science). Relaxation only applicable 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST categories.

Eligibility
- You should have passed master's degree in library science and information with 50% from a recognized university. Some well reputed universities also demand higher percentage.
- You also require to qualify the entrance exam for admission.

Skills Required For Ph.D (Lib.)
- Good Communication Skill
- Customer Service Attitude
- Methodical Approach
- Oraganising Ability

Top Universities Offering Ph.D (Lib.)
- Punjab University
- Vikram University
- MS University
- University of Mumbai
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- Andhra University
- Bangalore University
- Annamalai University
- University of Calcutta

Employment Areas
- Schools
- Colleges
- Universities
- Public & Government Libraries
- Galleries
- Archives
- News Broadcasting Agencies
- Museums
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?