21st November 2011, 10:46 AM
rahu singh rajput

Required Marks in 12th class to get admission in BITS Pilani?

how much marks is required to take admission in bits pilani

21st November 2011, 05:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Marks in 12th class to get admission in BITS Pilani?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahu singh rajput View Post
To Take admission in BITS, Pilani, You have to Cracked the BITSAT Entrance Examination.

BITSAT Stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test. It is a Computer based online test for admision to Intergrated first year degree programmes of BITS, Pillani at Pilani campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus.

To Appear in this examination You should have passed in your 12Th examination from recognized board or its equivalent with minimum aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

Final year 12Th appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for BITSAT Examination. If you have Fulfill the Given eligibility Criteria, then you are eligible for BITSAT Examination.

So, Please wait for the Notification, When the Notification will declared it will be Published in the Employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website.

The Notification of for BITSAT 2012 will be released in second week of December, So please wait and then apply for BITSAT and for more Information please check official website :

http://www.bitsadmission.com
21st November 2011, 08:19 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility criteria for BITSAT exam:-

*The candidate should have obtained a minimum of 80% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th class examination, at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

This is the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in BITSAT exam.

All the best.
21st November 2011, 08:54 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Required Marks in 12th class to get admission in BITS Pilani?

Quote:

Complete Info on BITSAT

BITSAT or BITS Admission Test is conducted every year for admissions to the three branches of BITS that are
BITS,Pilani, Rajasthan
BITS Goa
BITS Hyderabad

The BITSAT forms are generally available in the last week of December or first week of January and the last date for form submission is generally end of January..

for complete information and updates on the release dates of forms for BITSAT 2012..you can simply Click Here

In order to appear for BITSAT..you need to have an aggregate percentage of 80% in Physics,Chemistry and Maths in your 12th boards and minimum 60 or above individually in each subject..

The window in which you can choose the date and time of your exam is generally from the mid of May to mid of June..

the exam is always online with 4 options to each question..you will know your score as soon as you finish the exam..

Apart from Physics,Chemistry and Maths of your 11th and 12th..they also test your aptitude skills by testing you based on a few puzzles and logical reasoning..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
21st November 2011, 09:15 PM
ritam88888

Cool Re: Required Marks in 12th class to get admission in BITS Pilani?

hello dear
BITS PINALI
eligibility criteria are
80% marks in pcm
60% in phisics maths chemisdtry and english
22nd November 2011, 12:28 AM
brijesh2970

Thumbs up Re: Required Marks in 12th class to get admission in BITS Pilani?

Quote:
Hello Dear!

Only those students who secured 80 or 80+ marks in PCM group in the 12th class can get admission in BITS Pilani after giving BITS entrance examination.

Thank You!

Best Of Luck!
22nd November 2011, 11:07 AM
Bhojraj2151

Dear BITSAT Stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test situated in pilani, Rajasthan. For admission in this institute you have to give an entrance exam.
For sitting in this entrance exam, the candidates who have the following educational qualifications are eligible:
- An aggrigate percentage of 80 in 12th class having physics, chimestry and maths.
- There should be not less than 60% of marks in any subject.
For more details, visit the official website: http://www.bitsadmission.com
27th November 2011, 07:48 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

BITS Pilani is one of best colleges in India having rank 6th in All India Ranking of the Engineering Colleges.

Now If you want to take admission in BITS, then you have to apply and sit for the BITSAT examination.

This is an all India Engineering entrance examination which is computer based.

Some of the basic requirements for the BITSAT exam are :

1. The candidate should be 10+2 pass from a recognized board or school scoring a minimum 80% aggregate and 60% marks each in Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

2. An applicant should be good in English as well.

3. Since this exam is computer based, so a basic computer operating knowledge is also required.

So now if you satisfy these criteria's, then easily you can apply for the BITSAT exam.

For any more admission regarding this please Click Here

All the best.

Regards
#RJ#
24th December 2011, 09:45 AM
Unregistered

are there offline forms for bitsat??
4th April 2012, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

i have head that the required marks to get admission in bits pilani is 75% in 12. Is it true?
3rd May 2012, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

can I get admission into bits by scoring 86% in english
3rd May 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

As one might kno that now gujarat board has been introduced to the new type of semester system and therefore including 11th standard too in board,so how will marks be counted or eligibility be tested on the basis of agregate we get at last after getting marks of agregate of 11th and 12th standard ? And how will one get to know wether he eligible to give BITSAT or not???
9th May 2012, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

if i score 80% in pcm then can i take the direct admission in BITS?
13th May 2012, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

minimum 60% in each subject i.e. maths, physics, chemistry means... is it inclusive of practicals in physics and chemistry or excludely theory only?
15th May 2012, 03:28 AM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have head that the required marks to get admission in bits pilani is 75% in 12. Is it true?
What you have heard is partly correct and partly wrong.

The required marks in the board exam in the 10+2 level has been reduced to 75% from 80% in the previous years. It is only an eligibility criteria and not the criteria for getting direct admission.

In order to get admission in BITS, one has to appear for BITSAT exam and obtain marks greater than the cut off to be called for the counselling.

This year BITSAT is being held from 11th may to 9th june and the results will be announced on 1st july.

If you have any more queries, you may ask without hesitation.

Good luck
15th May 2012, 03:32 AM
ab7777

Quote:
if i score 80% in pcm then can i take the direct admission in BITS?
The answer to your query is a big no unless you are a topper of your respective board with 80% marks.

The only method of getting direct admission in BITS is to be a board topper of your respective board.

In all other cases, a student has to apply for the BITSAT exam and crack it successfully to get admission in BITS. Also the eligibilty criteria is that the candidate must have secured 75% aggregate in PCM and also a minimum of 60% in each of PCM.

I hope you have understood my point. If you have any more questions, you may reply to this post.

All the best
21st May 2012, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

minimum 60% in each subject i.e. maths, physics, chemistry means... is it inclusive of practicals in physics and chemistry or theory only?
21st May 2012, 08:33 PM
ab7777

Quote:
minimum 60% in each subject i.e. maths, physics, chemistry means... is it inclusive of practicals in physics and chemistry or theory only?
The marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are to be given for the 12th board examination(or its equivalent) ONLY.
For practical marks, use the method applied by your board to calculated subject wise marks. This means that if your board includes the practical marks as a part of the curriculum, or if board has instructed the practical marks to be included in calculating the final percentage, you will have to add the practical marks as well else not.

However, you have not specified to which board you belong so i cant clearly tell you if you have to include the practical marks or not. But most of the boards have provision for the practical marks to be included in Physics, Chemistry. Also, if you had to give board practicals, then you can be sure that you have to include these marks in the aggregate.

Good luck
22nd May 2012, 12:12 AM
ranjeet kumar sanjeet
Member+

dear friend
if you want to take admission in BITSPILANI . you must have a minimum of 70% marks in math, physics.chemistry in 12th from a recognized state or central board.to take admission in to BITS PILANI , you have to appear in BITSAT, which is conducted by birla institute of technology & science itself,apart from that test you can also take admission through AIEEE .
22nd May 2012, 11:48 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

BITS Pilani is one of best colleges in India having rank 6th in All India Ranking of the Engineering Colleges.

The required marks in the board exam in the 10+2 level has been reduced to 75% from 80% in the previous years.

The marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are to be given for the 12th board examination(or its equivalent) ONLY.
For practical marks, use the method applied by your board to calculated subject wise marks

In all other cases, a student has to apply for the BITSAT exam and crack it successfully to get admission in BITS. Also the eligibilty criteria is that the candidate must have secured 75% aggregate in PCM and also a minimum of 60% in each of PCM.

Some of the basic requirements for the BITSAT exam are :

1. The candidate should be 10+2 pass from a recognized board or school scoring a minimum 80% aggregate and 60% marks each in Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

2. An applicant should be good in English as well.

3. Since this exam is computer based, so a basic computer operating knowledge is also required.

HOPE IT HELPS
28th May 2012, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

if i have got 55 in maths but 87 in chem and 82 in chem..am i eligible....???
28th May 2012, 09:01 PM
ab7777

Quote:
if i have got 55 in maths but 87 in chem and 82 in chem..am i eligible....???
I am sorry to inform you that you are NOT eligible for admission in BITS Pilani or its branches in Goa and Hyderabad. It is so because the eligibility criteria clearly states that a candidate must obtain an aggregate of 75% in pcm and also obtain atleast 60% in each physics,chemistry and mathematics.

Also i would like to tell you that you have not obtained an aggregate of 75%. you have an aggregate of 74.67 which is NOT considered as 75. So you are not eligible in any manner.

However you may look forward to apply to other good universities on the basis of your AIEEE score.

Good luck
31st May 2012, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Sir Can I get direct admission in Bits Pilani? I have obtained 95% marks in PCM & English (each) with overall % 95.8 my bits score is 234 Suchit
17th June 2012, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

CAN I GET ADMISSION IN BITS PILANI ONLY ON THE BASIS OF
12TH MARKS [93%] AND AIEEE MARKS [171].
5th July 2012, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab7777 View Post
The answer to your query is a big no unless you are a topper of your respective board with 80% marks.

The only method of getting direct admission in BITS is to be a board topper of your respective board.

I hope you have understood my point. If you have any more questions, you may reply to this post.

All the best
can i appear in bits-2013 after scoring 78% marks in pcm aggregate and more than 60% marks in each subject and 83% marks in english,,plzz tell me ???????
29th July 2012, 06:18 PM
ab7777

Quote:
can i appear in bits-2013 after scoring 78% marks in pcm aggregate and more than 60% marks in each subject and 83% marks in english,,plzz tell me ???????
Hi friend

You have not mentioned if you have appeared and passed your +2 boards this year. If you have, then you have one final chance to appear for the BITSAT 2013.
However, if you score well and get selected, you will have to give a proper satisfactory explanation about your 1 year gap that you will be taking this year to appear in BITSAT next year.
Also there is no guarantee that the admission criteria will remain the same. because in 2011 the cut off marks required in +2 boards for eligibility to appear for BITSAT was 80% aggregate in PCM and this year it was reduced to 75%. So if they increase it to 80% again next year you will not be eligible as your aggregate is 78%. You can only hope that doesnt happen.

And if you havent passed your +2 boards this year, then you are not eligible for admission in BITS in 2013.

Hope I've cleared your doubt.
Good luck!
30th July 2012, 01:21 PM
sheelasnj

Red face Re: Required Marks in 12th class to get admission in BITS Pilani?

You have to Cracked the BITSAT Entrance Examination.

BITSAT Stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Aptitude Test. It is a Computer based online test for admision to Intergrated first year degree programmes of BITS, Pillani at Pilani campus, Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus.

To Appear in this examination You should have passed in your 12Th examination from recognized board or its equivalent with minimum aggregate 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects and adequate proficiency in English.

Final year 12Th appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for BITSAT Examination. If you have Fulfill the Given eligibility Criteria, then you are eligible for BITSAT Examination.

So, Please wait for the Notification, When the Notification will declared it will be Published in the Employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website.

The Notification of for BITSAT 2012 will be released in second week of December, So please wait and then apply for BITSAT and for more Information please check official website :

http://www.bitsadmission.com
31st October 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

may i know bits pilani toppers list
and details about them
17th April 2013, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

should i include my 11th marks with 12th marks because my board (i.e SSC) will give the total percentage for both the years but not separately . Am i eligible if i get 80% aggregate combining both the years and also 60% in each pcm . Should i also include my practical marks . My board is andhra pradesh board of intermediate education .PLEASE TELL ME IF I AM ELIGIBLE.
20th April 2013, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

can i get an easy admission for computer engineering in BITS pilani if i do 9th 10th 11th and 12th class from birla ???
do i get any concession or something??????
i am in 11th class {pcm}
from cbse board
please tell me........................
27th April 2013, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

i got 54 in chemistry ist year and 35 in chemistry in second year is iam eligibla for bitsat
8th May 2013, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

Can i get admission in bits hyderabad, my marks pcm is 97% and in bits exam it was 93 marks
29th May 2013, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Can i geT admission in bits pillani i got 92% marks in PCM & 87 % IN 2
12th June 2013, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of andhra pradesh. can you help me filling the details in bits application form part 2. because i am not clear which marks i have to type as it is mentioned there that onl 12th marks have to be typed and we do not have any 11th or 12th classes here.
29th May 2014, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

can i get admmision to bits through board marks only because i was in top 1% students in pseb......?
29th May 2014, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

can i get admmision to bits through board marks only because i was in top 1% students in pseb......?
23rd December 2014, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

I've done my intermediate from cbse board...
5th May 2015, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Can we get admission at bits hyderabad if we score less in board but get godd marks in bitsat
16th May 2015, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Can i get into bits hyderabad based n 2 marks my aggregate s 98%
2nd June 2015, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have scored 80 marks in maths,78 marks in physics and 59 marks in chemistry in my board exams.I am reserved category student,so can i be eligible for bits
3rd June 2015, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

what are the minimum marks that are required to be eligible in bits for reserved catogiries
12th June 2015, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got 88 %in class 12 boards and my bitsat score is 130 and also my jee mains score is 85 so shall I get admission in bits Kolkata
20th June 2015, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Why cant the diploma students apply for BITSAT though they have a better stuff on the par with 12th std.
20th June 2015, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

Why cant diploma students apply for BITSAT though they have better knowledge like 12th std.
25th May 2016, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Can one get admission in any of the campuses if he scores 141 in bits nd 97% in pcm in 12th
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?