2nd July 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Required Qualification to join as Faculty in Engineering Colleges?

sir,
I have got 67% of mark in BE but i was awarded with second class also i have ME with 69% marks (second class)
qualification of faculty in engg colleges

2nd July 2012, 04:10 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Qualification to join as Faculty in Engineering Colleges?

The requirement to join faculty in Engineering colleges varies from college to college.

With your qualification of ME with 69 per cent marks, you can get a job in private engineering college.

However to get a job in AICTE colleges here are the latest norms and eligibility criteria.

Firstly from 2010 onwards, all aspirants should have M.Tech degree to be considered.

You need to have First Class Bachelor's degree in branch of Engineering and Technology from a recognized college.

You also need to mention your GATE Score while applying for the faculty.

You need to pass M.Tech with at least 76 per cent marks for job in AICTE college.

And most importantly you will have to pass FET(Faculty Eligibility Test) examination with flying colors.

Another important thing for you to understand is that these days many colleges hire freshers for the post of lab programmer and Assistant lecturer. Later after 2-3 years their performace in evaluated following which you can be offered promotion as lecturer.
8th July 2012, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

i have done b.tech and PGDM in yhis year and i want to start my career as a faculty. Is it possible?
20th October 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

i have done BE eee with first class but got second class in MBA, can i possible to join as a lecturer in private engineering colleges?
8th March 2013, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.tech with pass class but i have scored 65 % and PGDM in this year with 57% and i want to start my career as a faculty. Is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?