1st October 2016, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Required qualifications to be a Scientist?

Hi, I am Rohan and studying in B.Sc part I. I want to be a Scientist in future and want to start my preparations right now. Please tell me what are the required qualifications to be a Scientist?

14th October 2016, 11:02 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Required qualifications to be a Scientist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am Rohan and studying in B.Sc part I. I want to be a Scientist in future and want to start my preparations right now. Please tell me what are the required qualifications to be a Scientist?
Scientist as we all know basically deals with various experime nts either to develop new thing or to widen scientific knowledge of the thing which is existing in general.

In order to become scientist the minimum qualification one has to have a Master degree in a related field (M.Sc/M.E/M.TECH) or equivalent with minimum 60% from recognized university. After completion of Master degree aspirant needs to apply for Doctoral (Ph.D) degree. Aspirant can also go for tests like ARS/NET, IIST, Scientist Entrance test by DRDO to pursue career as a scientist. So, after completion of B.Sc you can go for M.Sc, after completion of M.Sc course you can take up various examinations as I have mentioned above and clearing any of the tests can get you a job in the following institutes:

Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)

Bhabha Atomic Research Center (BARC)

Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology (IITM)

Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?