10th July 2011, 03:55 AM
Unregistered

Scope of B.Tech Chemical Engineering? Salaries offered through the course? Will there be any scholarships to pursue M.Tech?

Iam studying b.tech chemical engineering in tamilnadu. Will i have the scope and how much salary i will got. Will there any scholarship available for doing M.tech

Related Questions:
  1. How to pursue M.Tech in chemical engineering after completing B.E in chemical engineering?
  2. Job opportunities for Girls in Chemical Engineering? Syllabus of the B.Tech Chemical Engineering in Kerala University?
  3. Best colleges to pursue MTech in Chemical Engineering?
  4. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  6. Future prospects of doing B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from NITs?
  7. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  8. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  9. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  10. In which NIT can I get admission for M.Tech course with a score of 389 in GATE Exam in EEE stream?
  11. What should I choose between Chemical and Metallurgy Engineering in NIT Warangal and Civil Engineering in JNTU Hyderabad? Do these courses offer good salaries?
  12. Which course is best to study for Post Graduation from WBUT?
  13. What's the eligility criteria for STET? I've completed my B.Com(H) with 62% marks, currently preparing for M.Com and I'm not from a Bengali background
  14. Universities for MS (IT) in UK - Scope of MS in UK and salaries, jobs which are offered?
  15. Does other category students get scholarship? -- [New]
  16. How to pursue B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering?
  17. What is the future scope of chemical engineering in India?
  18. Career Scope and Job Opportunities in India and Abroad for Chemical Engineering course?
10th July 2011, 12:52 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of B.Tech Chemical Engineering? Salaries offered through the course? Will there be any scholarships to pursue M.Tech?

Dear Friend

There are plenty of jobs jobs for Civil Engineers in Private as well as Government
companies but, you got to pay for whatever you want.

If good companies don't visit your campus for placement then you need to apply
job and qualify the recruitment exams and interview etc.

The requirement of Chemical engineers is basically in Oil industries, metal industries,
mining industry and coal industries.

So, you should apply for jobs in
ONGC
OIL
IOCL
SAIL
NMDC
CIL etc.

These companies conduct recruitment of chemical engineers every year.

Till last year these companies used to recruit chemical engineers from premier
institutions like IITs and NITs but from coming year these would recruit engineers
only through all India level exams.

So, there would be more vacancies from next year.

Keep referring Employment News weekly for any notification regarding jobs in these
companies.

If you qualify GATE exam then you may get MHRD scholarships for doing M.Tech.
The scholarship varies from 8,000-12,000 per month for doing M.Tech.
10th July 2011, 01:53 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Scope of B.Tech Chemical Engineering? Salaries offered through the course? Will there be any scholarships to pursue M.Tech?

helllo dear

see, now a day Scope of B.Tech Chemical Engineering is very good. as in every industry except IT, Chemical Engineers are very much required.

apart from that you can also do mtech after B.Tech Chemical Engineering.

to do M.Tech Chemical Engineering, You have to give and qualify GATE exam.

all the best...............
10th July 2011, 02:30 PM
kritika@Hans

hello friend
Chemical engineering is about applying chemical principles to solve problems involving the production and use of chemicals and bio chemicals. It combines knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering for the production of chemicals and related by-products
you can easily get a job in government chemical and petrolium companies liek hpcl,ongc,bpcl etc.
you can also apply to pigment companies like tata pigments.
and a m.tech is a very good option and doing it from a reputed college like iit and nit will help you a lot in getting an excellent job.
for which you need to score very well in gate so that you may acquire a scholarship..
best of luck
10th July 2011, 05:01 PM
namit_sahu21
Member+

Dear friend,

Chemical engineering is a very good branch. It has a huge scope in the Petroleum, Metal, Fertilizer Industries.

There are many companies such as ONGC, SAIL, Coal India Lim., etc. in which you may apply.
15th July 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY SCOPE IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING IN GUJARAT?
25th July 2011, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

scop in chemical eng
1st August 2011, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

i m thinking do do chemical engg from cbit hyderabad.. hw is its scope?? plz help me....
13th October 2011, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Sir!
I have completed B.sc in 2009 with math,geology,geography & english as subjects. And then i've done M.Sc in Math. Now i want to do M.tech. Tell me which branch is best for me. Also, is M.tech equivalent to M.phil?
31st October 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

What salary i would get if i m having a b.tech degree in chemical engnrng?
1st January 2012, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in chemical engg in 1995 from Nagpur, now i have to do B tech in chemical engg. from some reputed university by distance learning method.I have 16 yrs. experience in the same field. Can i get direct admission in M tech. in chemical engg. kindly confirm ?
2nd March 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i am student of third year btech in chemical engg. so what should i have to do, to get excellent job in next year??
8th May 2012, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

how much salary i will get after chemical engineering?
31st May 2012, 08:17 AM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i got jee 2012 rank 1059 and may get chemical in iit delhi. i m confused in chemical/production/civil/cse in roorkee.

which order to follow ???
plz help me. it's urgent.
my choice filling is coming to an end !!!
2nd June 2012, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

Can I take MS in chemistry after B.Tech in chemical engineering ? Kindly tell me the procedure for that ?
9th June 2012, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

sir, can i do job in my b.tech last year?
27th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Which are the best engineering colleges for m-tech in india?? Plz tell me
1st June 2013, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

scope of B tech in chemical engineering?salary?placements?what after btech?
9th June 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Which is best option for a girl chemical engineering or biotechnology and why and does it has scope in future in India
29th June 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing b.tech in ECE.I have completed 3rd yr.recently I am in 4th year.Now what to do to get a job as soon as possible after completing 4th yr in any(govt/private) field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?