27th September 2015, 10:47 PM
Shankarsanthanam

Should I continue studying in CBSE board if want to become a Doctor?

My aim is to become a doctor .now I am studying 9th under CBSE board .my question is whether can I continue CBSE or I should change to state board to get a medical seat.

Related Questions:
  1. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  2. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  3. ICSE or CBSE Board which is better to study after completing 10th to pursue B.Tech in IIT?
  4. Is my future safe in Punjab School Education Board? Shall I be able to become a Doctor or an Engineer?
  5. Which is better among State Board and CBSE to study in 11th standard for preparing JEE Advanced?
  6. Which board I take in 12th to score 90% and above Haryana board or CBSE?
  7. Which stream should I opt after competing 10th CBSE?
  8. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  9. Which board would be better for me CBSE or HP Board for pursuing MBBS? How to become Doctor after clearing all the exams?
  10. Which board to choose between Gujarat Board or CBSE board after 12th?
  11. Which board to choose CBSE or State Board? Can I get better placement in CBSE than Sate Board?
  12. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  13. Which is better among ISC and CBSE Board to study if expecting above 90% in PCM of 10th ICSE?
  14. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  15. Should the board need to be changed after 10th from CBSE to Gujarat board as there are more seats available in Gujarat board for Engineering?
  16. Admission in CBSE affiliated schools of Navi Mumbai for 10th drop out?
  17. CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  18. Is there any coaching available for ISAT exam in Thiruvananthampuram? For clearing ISAT exam should I go for CBSE board or state board? -- [Most Discussed]
29th September 2015, 12:52 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Should I continue studying in CBSE board if want to become a Doctor?

# I would like to make it clear that there is no any short-cut to success. Only severe hard work, strong determination, sincerity, dedication, proper planning & strategy will make one successful.

# It is good to know that you want to join the most noble profession of medical science as a doctor.

# Please note that there is no any fixed education board which ensure your success in the medical entrance examination in order to become a doctor.

# Candidate who has completed 10+2 from any education board whether CBSE or from any State Level Education Board are equally eligible for medical entrance examination.

# Only the basic concepts, elementary knowledge, in-depth knowledge and their applicability will ensure the success of candidate in the medical entrance examination irrespective of the education board from where the candidate has completed 10+2.

# Presently you are in the 9th standard. You are advised not to change your current CBSE board, if you are comfortable here. You should focus more on science subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) for next three years in higher classes in order to perform well in medical entrance examination.

# The general prescribed syllabus for any medical entrance examination is as follows:

* Physics
* Chemistry
* Botany
* Zoology

# Candidate should start preparing for medical entrance examination from right now at this early stage.

# The general eligibility criteria for any medical entrance examination is as follows:

* Must have attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December of concerned year.
* Must have passed the 10+2 in subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as compulsory subjects.
* Must have taken minimum 50-60% in 10+2 by candidate of general category depending upon examination to examination.
* Must have taken minimum 45-55% in 10+2 by candidate of any reserved category depending upon examination to examination.

# Few useful books in the preparation of any medical entrance examination are:

* Dinesh Objective Physics
* Dinesh Objective Chemistry
* Dinesh Objective Biology
* Comprehensive Fundamental Physics
* Modern's ABC of Biology
* Truemen's Objective Biology for Medical Entrance Examination
* Truemen's Objective Physics for Medical/Engineering Entrance Examination
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?