23rd February 2011, 09:28 PM
yamini.hyb

Should I do Ph.D in Biotechnology in India or Abroad?

i've done m.sc in biotechnology,now i'm interested to do phd either in india or abroad.plz tell me which is better option?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. PhD in Biotechnology Entrance Exams in India and Abroad after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  3. How to get admission in Ph.D. in Biotechnology in foreign universities? How to get scholarship for the same?
  4. List of universities offering PhD in Biotechnology in Abroad? Procedure to get admission? -- [New]
  5. Scholarship or financial aid to do PhD in Plant or Agriculture Biotechnology in Abroad?
  6. Scholarship eligibility, exam, and interview for Ph.D(Plant Biotechnology/Agriculture Biotechnology) in abroad?
  7. Should I do Ph.D in Biotechnology in India or Abroad?
  8. Possibility to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
  9. How to do Ph.D course abroad?
  10. Names of the universities offering Ph.D in India and Abroad? What are the opportunities?
  11. How can I get admission to study PhD in Abroad through GRE being a M.Sc(Biotechnology) student?
  12. How can I get scholarship to study Ph.D(Plant/Agriculture Biotechnology) in Abroad if secured 2067 AIR in GATE being a ST candidate?
  13. Information about best university in Abroad for doing PhD in Biotechnology? How to get admission and scholarship?
  14. How to pursue masters in B.Tech Biotechnology? I am planning to apply abroad
  15. Entrance exam to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Agriculture) 2nd semester student?
  16. Details about scholarship available to study PhD in abroad for M.Sc in Biotechnology candidate?
  17. Is it necessary to be 16 years old for studying abroad?
  18. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
23rd February 2011, 11:31 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I do Ph.D in Biotechnology in India or Abroad?

Either way the scope if very high.

In india Biotechnology is growing by leaps and bounds and so its showing a great and a speedy growth. Lots of companies are setting up their biotech companies here in India and so lots of opportunities are flying in for the Indian Biotechnologists.

In abroad also its good but if you are getting top class education in India itself then why abroad

In India there are many good institutes to do Ph.D like the IITs which are considered to be the topmost in India and also considered to be one of the best colleges in the world

If you want to study abroad try for MS in Biotech as its considered to be a great

But its your final choice. If you can afford the money for abroad studies then go for it otherwise in India also its great

All the best!!!
24th February 2011, 12:01 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Should I do Ph.D in Biotechnology in India or Abroad?

Dear friend,

It is very good that you want to do Ph.D in Biotechnology. It is a growing up branch through the world, carrier is bright in Biotechnology. Presently it is most popular to build up carrier.

I would like to suggest you to do Ph.D in Biotechnology in India only because in India there are many good colleges.

if at all you want to study in Abroad then go to America because at present America need a lot of people in the field of Biotechnology.

All the best.
24th February 2011, 12:03 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

In India there are many good Biotechnology colleges where you can get your doctoral degree.....

the good ones are Indian Institute of Technology - Guwahati,Kharagpur,Chennai
JNU
Karunya University - Coimbatore

and the same in case of abroad but the fees are more...

some are Melbourne International College, Ball State University, University of Technology, Sydney

In India also there are many institutes which gives degree from Foreign Universities...

So the decision is yours....

think deeply, which is more profitable to you.
24th February 2011, 12:29 AM
wagle
Senior Member+

HELLO my dear,
Biotechnology is the necesities of every country. also in india this technologi also work highly. there is a bright future in india.
so, there is no need to take addmission in abroad.this is not the mean that there is no highly study in abroad,but in many bright institutes working.
IIT is the main institute in which you get the bright future. and as you wish.
BEST OF LUCK YOUR FUTURE.
24th February 2011, 06:48 AM
mishra245

Yes you can do P.hd with biotechnology.
The PhD in Biotechnology is a research-based, interdisciplinary graduate program focused on the professional development of scientists in two areas of specialization – medical biotechnology and environmental biotechnology (focus on toxicology, waste and emissions).
some universities are:
1. St. Xavier's College (Est: 1869)..
2. Mithibai College (Est: 1869)
3. Elphistone College
5. Ramnivas Ruia College (Est: 1946).
27th February 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

how much will it cost to do phd in biotechnology for an indian student?
27th February 2011, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

how much will it cost to do phd in biotechnology for an indian student?
7th March 2011, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Is it right to opt germany as your PhD biotech destination?????
3rd July 2011, 03:44 AM
Unregistered

i have done msc biotech and i have spend almost one year for net preparation but i was not able to clear it .but i want to do phd in biotechnology so can you please suggest me different universities where i can apply for phd
27th August 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

germany is the best option for phd for those who wants to study abroad due to less expensive
9th November 2011, 08:05 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I do Ph.D in Biotechnology in India or Abroad?

You are already a master's degree holder, and so your next step would be the PH.D.

India is getting quiet advanced in Medical field, producing numerous brilliant doctors, and attracting the patients from all over the world.
So in short, since Medical is advancing, Biotech is also in demand. A lot of requirement for the biotech's would be generated in the near future, so your course is going to benefit you in all manners.

Now if you plan to do your Ph. d from India, its well and Good. A lot of new and old colleges in India offer this course, wherein you work with the experienced doctors, scientists and get a chance to explore new things.

So yeah India is a nice option.

Of course this would be wrong to say that India is the most advanced in terms of biotechnology. I would certainly refer other countries too, if the budget is not a problem for you.

Infact the competition here is going to be very very high, whereas outside India, the rush is lesser than what it is here.

So now you may decide what suits you the best.

Regards
~RJ~
17th December 2011, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

should i do phd in biotech??????????? Will i get a good job after phd becz i m also thnkng to join any industry so that i can get a good growth in the next five years which will be equivalent to phd......
10th September 2012, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

I have started my PHD at Germany, but had to return to India due to personal reasons. What is the procedure to continue PHD in Biotechnology at India and how much it will cost?
10th September 2012, 11:43 PM
ABABAB37

I have started my PHD in BIOTECHNOLOGY at Germany(in scholarship), but had to return to India due to personal reasons. Is there any way i can continue my PHD? If yes, how much will it cost???
19th October 2012, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

How much the cost for doing PhD in India?
19th October 2012, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

how much will be the cost for doing PhD in India?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?