16th June 2011, 01:02 PM
saurabh bahoria

Should I leave engineering and opt for BBA if my interest is more towards BBA+MBA?

hi i am doing engg from ramdev baba but my interest develop towards doing bba+mba so i should leave engg and go with bba or i should continue with engg which field will give me more pacakage please let me know as soon as possible sir

11th October 2011, 12:35 PM
gaurav2talk
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I leave engineering and opt for BBA if my interest is more towards BBA+MBA?

there is no point of view to leave engineering between the course.

if you are interested in MBA then there is no problem. you can do MBA after completing your engineering degree also.

for that you will have to write MAT/CAT.

more time preference is given to B.TECH+MBA Students rather than BBA+MBA.
29th February 2012, 07:15 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I leave engineering and opt for BBA if my interest is more towards BBA+MBA?

hi friend,

there is no point of view to leave engineering between the course.

if you are interested in MBA then there is no problem. you can do MBA after completing your engineering degree also.

for that you will have to write MAT/CAT.

more time preference is given to B.TECH+MBA Students rather than BBA+MBA.

best of luck...............
29th February 2012, 11:50 PM
rvidyasagar

You have not indicated at which stage of Engg you are now. You should plan your career thoroughly and stick to it. It appears that you are wavering. This is not good.

Leaving Engg and joining BBA is not a wise step. Instead, you should complete Engg and take up a related job in the private sector.

If the job is challenging and meets your taste, continue with it. Else, gather about two years of practical experience and then join a MBA course. You will find that your experience is most useful compared to freshers.
10th June 2013, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I leave engineering and opt for BBA if my interest is more towards BBA MBA?

I am doing engineering from sigma institute vadodara which is not so good so should i leave it and do bba from msu as in future i want to do mba
10th June 2013, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I leave engineering and opt for BBA if my interest is more towards BBA MBA?

I am doing engineering from sigma institute which is not a good college so should i leave it and do bba from msu as i want to do mba lateron.pls do answer me quikly its very urgent
10th June 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my intermediate (MPC) with 80.9%. Now i want to do BBA MBA . Is it agood option?
10th June 2013, 06:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is no point leaving the Engineering course in between. Neither it makes sense to do so. Perhaps you don't know that Master of Business Administration can be pursued after completing B.Tech.

There is no rule which says that you will have to finish BBA in order to pursue MBA. A lot of students like to complete Bachelor of Technology which is followed by Master of Business Administration.

You can also do the same. There is no need to leave the Engineering course in between. The B.Tech+MBA combination is better than BBA+MBA. You will get good jobs but it will depend on who well you perform in the course and from which college you completes the Master of Business Administration.

In my opinion you should go for the Indian Institutes of Management. Although it won't be easy to get admission in IIMs since they are the best business schools in India. It is certainly worth the try.

To apply for the Indian Institutes of Management, you will have to appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT). It is conducted by the IIMs. The criteria to appear for this exam is as following:-

1. You should have a graduation degree.

2. 50 percent marks in that graduation course.

3. 45 percent in case you are from SC/ST.

There are other entrance exams as well but none of them will offer you admission in Indian Institutes of Management. Some other exams are:-

MAT

XAT

GMAT

TANCET

You should appear for MAT which is short for Management Aptitude Test in the case if you are falling short of marks to appear for CAT.
20th July 2013, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

I m doing engineering bt i got year drop last year n this year it may also, i want to do mba, should i try for bba rather to contuine be?
7th August 2013, 07:07 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh bahoria View Post
hi i am doing engg from ramdev baba but my interest develop towards doing bba+mba so i should leave engg and go with bba or i should continue with engg which field will give me more pacakage please let me know as soon as possible sir
hello dear,

i would like to advice you that why to quit engineering, so dont quit

if you want to do bba-mba then you can pursue it right after you b.tech,

there will not be any need of bba if you complete your b.tech,

one thing you should know that students with b.tech+mba background are getting better package than just bba-mba,

so dont quit your engineering and 1st complete b.tech and then go for mba by cracking cat, mat or xat

all the best
17th July 2014, 10:01 AM
Unregistered

i am discontinuing my engineering after 2 nd year ....then what courses often direct admission for 2nd year for Me so please give a suggestion
22nd February 2015, 09:08 AM
Unregistered

Can I take direct second year admission for bcs after completing diploma
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?