13th December 2011, 01:34 PM
nanaji k

Should I prefer India or Abroad for Ph.D Chemistry course?

should i prefer india or abroad for my P.hd in chemistry??
In Abroad are there any countries which take indian students for P.hd by offering scholarships without clearing any exams? if so which are those?

19th January 2012, 01:01 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prefer India or Abroad for Ph.D Chemistry course?

It is your choice from where you wish to pursue the Ph.D programme. The admission process and duration varies from country to country. In several European and American universities there are hundreds of reputed institutions offering the Ph.D programme. Similarly in India there are several institutions offering the programme. Some of the reputed institutions are listed below.
All the Indian Institute of Technology,
All the National Institute of Technology,
International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad
Birla Institute of Technology & Science, Pilani
Indian Institute of information Technology, Allahabad
Delhi College of Engineering, New Delhi
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala
Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (DIT), New Delhi
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
Punjab Engineering College, Chandigadh
Generally in India to pursue the Ph.D program the minimum eligibility required is a MPhil Degree in relevant subject with 55% aggregate marks or Master's degree in relevant subject or an equivalent degree from a recognized Institute. Candidates looking for admission have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the institution. Successful candidates are invited for the seminar to present the thesis. On the basis of the performance in the seminar conducted by the institution the candidates are shortlisted and get admission for the Ph.D programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?