4th June 2011, 12:34 AM
vatssy

Which should I take between Medical and Non Medical after 10th CBSE?

Hello..! :-)
I'm a 10th class student in a CBSE school. I'm still confused about which stream should I take, medical or non-medical. I'm quite interested in Computers but I don't like mathematics, so I'm currently preferring medical. I might not be much interested in medical but I don't guess I'd have any problem studying medical.
Please tell me which stream should I take or any helpful advice.. =).
Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the job opportunities for commerce or non medical? I am doing 10th in CBSE and have scored 78% to 83% in 10th class
  2. Can I get private college through NEET after scoring 47% in NEET UG?
  3. Which has more job opportunities Commerce or Non Medical? -- [New]
  4. Whether a candidate is eligible for Medical seats quota in Delhi Medical College if completed 12th from CBSE Board in Delhi?
  5. Which stream is better for me between Medical and Non medical?
  6. Which stream is better for me in medical and non medical?
  7. List of institutes offering MBBS course after B. Pharmacy?
  8. Could I get any scholarships for medical studies after scoring 84.5% in medical science with Maths in 12th CBSE?
  9. Which is more beneficial between non medical and commerce? I have scored 80% in CBSE 10th class
  10. Should I join 11th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE to prepare for Medical Entrance exams?
  11. Which is advisable for Medical preparation CBSE or State Board?
  12. Sample Test Papers of ONGC Engineer Trainee Exam? Books to prepare for this Exam?
  13. Number of Medical seats available in Gujarat for general CBSE students through NEET and GUJ-CET? How Medical Colleges calculate marks for admission?
  14. Is CBSE Board preparation is enough to appear in NEET? Cutoff marks required in NEET to apply for Medical College of Tamil Nadu for CBSE student?
  15. For what category is my son eligible for admission in Tamilnadu government medical college?
  16. Best courses with low fees after 12th with both medical and non-medical stream?
  17. What is the cost of dong MDS in various private colleges?
  18. Which is better for me between Biology and Maths?
23rd June 2011, 12:37 PM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which should I take between Medical and Non Medical after 10th CBSE?

Hey,
It's totally clear from your question if you are not interested in math then no need to take PCM because on that side maths is important.

if you are interested in comps then just go through biology side and take computer as a fifth subject rather than hindi.it's open you two ways in future.
you can either go for MBBS or also you can go for BCA.

good luck.
26th June 2011, 04:11 PM
vatssy

Smile Re: Which should I take between Medical and Non Medical after 10th CBSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh16071991 View Post
Hey,
It's totally clear from your question if you are not interested in math then no need to take PCM because on that side maths is important.

if you are interested in comps then just go through biology side and take computer as a fifth subject rather than hindi.it's open you two ways in future.
you can either go for MBBS or also you can go for BCA.

good luck.
Thank you... :-)
30th June 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which should I take between Medical and Non Medical after 10th CBSE?

I M IN 10TH LASS AND I HAVE INTREST IN BOTH BIO AND MATHS but i m not able to undestand what to take medical or non-medical???
11th October 2011, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

hello
i am student of 10 class & me is confuse between non medical & commerce me is very good & interested in math but every one is say girls futur is in commerce because they say there is to many line init & nt too many line in non medical p/l help me in suggesting lines of me ...............p/z help me .............
20th November 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

what should i have to take but i am intrested in both the subject maths and biology help me pls if any body can send. some sujjection for me i have now completed 10th
21st November 2011, 12:06 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatssy View Post
I'm a 10th class student in a CBSE school. I'm still confused about which stream should I take, medical or non-medical. I'm quite interested in Computers but I don't like mathematics, so I'm currently preferring medical. I might not be much interested in medical but I don't guess I'd have any problem studying medical.
Thanks.
Medical or Non-Medical

Its entirely dependent with what you are comfortable with..

This is going to be a very crucial decision for your whole life as your career is dependent on it..

Since you are utterly confused and don't seem to have any tilt towards any of the streams whatsoever..so i would rather suggest you to take all the four subjects..means Physics,Chemistry,Maths and Biology..

Actually,Maths and Biology were quite simple till now..so you can't really judge these subjects until you have actually experienced them yourself..

You never know..if the Maths of 11th and 12th starts suiting you and the biology seems much harder and you are left gasping for breath..or vice versa may also happen..

Since,in most of the schools..students do have a provision to change their subject before the first Unit Test or the first main exam of their session..

So you have ample amount of time to see whether the subject suits you or not and change your stream accordingly..

In case you seal your choice of taking up biology and quitting maths..and later on if you find that you are in the middle of nowhere then there can be no turning back..

But,if you take up both Maths and Biology..then even if you are feeling suffocated with any of the subjects then its just a matter of 2 years for you to tolerate and after that you are free to choose the specific line that you want to get into..

This also has the major advantage that even if you are not able to secure a good rank in any of the medical entrance exams then you are also available with the options of going in for the engineering entrance exams..

The ultimate decision is for you to take but this is what i would personally advice you..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
20th January 2012, 09:24 PM
saisesh

Unhappy Re: Which should I take between Medical and Non Medical after 10th CBSE?

Hi,

I will be giving my 10 ICSE board in Feb 2012. I am confused about the course/stream that I should take. I am interested in biology and least interested in Mathematics. The options that I would like to pursue are in medicine. But I am unable to decide which board should I take for 11th and 12th so as to enable me to do well in the medical entrance as most probably the entrance exam would be centralised.
And if I opt for marketing or management as a career which stream/board/subjects should I take in my 11th and 12th?

Please respond asap as I don't have much time to decide.
21st January 2012, 06:30 PM
madhuri7

PLEASE ONLY IF UR INTERESTED IN MEDICAL opt for this.......don go by elimination...search for other fields based on computers.....only if ur intersted go for it because whole life u need to be with proffession........go with what ur heart says to be happy not what others say........all the best...
4th February 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th class i am confused which stream shuld take between commerce and non medical..
I am interested in non med bt ppl says its too taugh
can anyone please give me sum suggestion
plz tell me more abt non medical and commerce..?
4th February 2012, 11:52 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
After complete your 10th then you go for higher study 12th or diploma
after 12th science,arts,commerce any one subject there is various line is present for
individual line...

Here i give one chart for career option:-

5th February 2012, 02:14 AM
ronaldo_12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in 10th class i am confused which stream shuld take between commerce and non medical..
I am interested in non med bt ppl says its too taugh
can anyone please give me sum suggestion
plz tell me more abt non medical and commerce..?
Dear...do not be worried of what people say whether something is easy or something is tough...when a person is interested to do some work,he/ she will figures out ways to make even the tough things run smoothly...

Let me give you a personal example on this one...my mother happens to be a science teacher & specifically she teaches Biology in class 10...Despite that i was just an average student in biology as i was never INTERESTED in Biology...

After 10th,i took science stream with Phy,Chem,Math as main subjects & took up Computer Science as the fourth subject instead of Biology...

After completing my 12th,all my relatives & friends were behind me to take up Engineering...despite getting 147/200 in CET, i chose not to take up Engineering as i was not INTERESTED in it...instead... i was INTERESTED in mathematics...i looked up for colleges that offered Mathematics...& zeroed down to one which i liked...people were telling why you want to take up such a hard subject,but i was firm on my decesion as i was doin what INTERESTED me as a result of which now i am in my final year of graduation...& all my precious two years have gone good academicaly & as a whole

Now having said that....since you have mentioned that you are interested in non medical stream,here are the non medical stream you could take up after 10th

ARTS:
SCIENCE:
COMMERCE:

Q: How to decide which stream to choose?
A: Which interests you the most
If you have a lean towards literature,historical,geographical,phillosophical aspects,Arts is the best suited stream for you

On the other hand if you have a vested interest towards Technological,I.T,Mathematical,Computers Science is best suited for you

If you have an interest in maintainig accounts, interest in numbers, commerce is calling you!

So choose what you are most interested in & you are sure to succeed no matter even if people say "it is tough" ...hope this info was useful... have a great time!! tc

Firstly you need to find out what your passion lies in...

Now choosing a non medical field opens up a vast
5th February 2012, 12:02 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Civil Services Examination is the most prestigious examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various All India Services including I.A.S., I.P.S., I.F.S.,I.R.S., and various Group A Services and Group B Services.

Normally applications are invited by UPSC notifications in leading News Papers during December every year.

The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages :

1. Civil Services Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type) (Usually conducted in May)
2. Civil Services Main Examination (Written) (Conducted during October/November)
3. Interview and final Selection (During April/May)

1. Minimum Educational Qualification :

Degree of any recognized university. However candidates studying in final year examination may apply for Preliminary. When he applies for Main Examination, he shall be a Graduate. But the following Engineering discipline are eligible :-

* Civil Engineering,
* Mechanical Engineering,
* Bio Technology,
* Electrical Engineering,
* Physics
* Chemistry
* Statics
* Geology etc.

So you are very much eligible for I.F.S. in U.P.S.C.

For this you have to prepare right now.Here I have also mentioned about the age limit and number of attempts of the examination.

2. Age Limit :

* Minimum Age :- 21 as on 1st August during which they will write Exam.

* Maximum Age: 30 for GEN, 33 for OBC and 35 for SC.

3. Number of attempts :

* General Candidates -> 4

* OBC -> 7

* SC/ST -> No Limit

all the best.
9th February 2012, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I WANNA TAKE NON MED BUT I HAVE A LIST OF BAD GRADS I DON'T THINK THAT I CAN GET THAT. WHAT DO I DO????????
16th February 2012, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

Thanks Madhuri for your helpful response.
I need advise from all you guys out there on the following.......What are the other options that I would be able to choose, if after 12th I am not able to clear the medical entrance exam? Or if I secure an average rank in NEET? I am not interested in pharmacy line nor in para medics. Is there any degree/professional course with biology as main subject? After which degree in bio can I pursue MBA? And which stream of MBA would help me to achieve a career related to biology?

thanks
16th February 2012, 08:20 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Thanks.
HI,
Friend firstly I want to tell you that both the stream are very tough..
You chose that stream in which you are interested..

If you are not interested then in my opinion you should chose medical stream..
If you work hard you will defiantly get success..

There are many option after passing 12th with medical stream:-
> M.B.B.S
> B.D.S
> B.H.M.S
> B.SC BIOLOGY
> B.SC MICROBIOLOGY
> B.SC BIOTECHNOLOGY
> B.SC NURSING
etc

GOOD LUCK!
18th February 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

i m not confused but i just wanted to know that if i choose pcb (biology) as my main subject then how many feilds are there in which if by chance not cleared the pmt exame then if there any feild ..............as people say the medical cost a lot and you have only one option of a DOCTOR so just in case........no doctor then are there any feilds or.........

plzzzzzzz replyyyy
19th February 2012, 02:59 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Thanks.
HI!
After passing 10th if you are not interested in Maths then you opt Medical stream..
That will have more benefit because without maths you can't do engineering in Computer Science..

After passing 12th with biology you can do Bachelor of Computer Application(B.C.A)..

If you want to explore in medical stream then also you have many option like:-
> M.B.B.S
> B.D.S
> B.SC
> B.B.A
> B.H.M.S
etc

GOOD LUCK!
16th March 2012, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

what are subject and career option in commerce
27th April 2012, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Hi..
Im 10th nd 12th pass from cbse Arts wht should i do? i hate maths plz suggest some good course which hve good in future and jobs. -':)
27th April 2012, 02:50 AM
Unregistered

I don't knw which 1 shud i take..med.or non med..?can any1 plz help me..?i really don't knw about my ambition...can any1 suggest me the carrier options after class 12th??
13th March 2013, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

im a class 10th student from ICSE board want to take biology in future average in studies what do u think which board should i opt ICSE or CBSE???? please help........:)
20th March 2013, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i am very much confused b/w non medical and humanities? Pls help. I need to pursue mass communication. I am also interested in psychology!
Thanks.
Tanvi
30th March 2013, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

I am confused bcz i am interested in both biology and mathematics so pkz give me some advic that which stream i would choose.. Plzz reply me
30th March 2013, 07:15 PM
bansal.aditi012

Its entirely your choice.I suggest you to take up medical as you're not that interested in maths and without maths you wont be getting anywhere as far as engineering is concerned.
You take up medical so that You have increased no. of options when you pass your 12th.
Believe me its a choice of your life.Dont be casual.Take proper advice and think 100 times before taking up a decision and once you take then never look back because there are infinite opportunities in every field nowadays.
30th March 2013, 09:28 PM
AsK_Mohit

Now,you yourself made it clear you're not that fond of maths.So I simply suggest you to take medical and start preparing for mbbs entrances examinations.
Join coaching institutes,likes of Akash,and believe me if you work hard you will find yourself knocking at the best future you've ever dreamt of.
4th April 2014, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

What is bst stream after 10th hp board passing out from top school of my state?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?