13th February 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Should I take up a job or study further after completing ECE?

Hi I'm an electronics and communication engineer and I'm really interested in pursuing a job in Telecommunication sector.
But my parents would want me to study further and then take up a job.
So I'm confused whether to take up a job or to work now.
Please help.

14th February 2011, 10:33 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I take up a job or study further after completing ECE?

hi..
it all depends on your interest,
but higher studies will not do any harm to your career prospects but rather it will be really helpful to imptove your career ,
as you will be knowing that some times to take certain posts you will surely need an post graduation degree and its better to do that now than doing it then,
also if you are able to do the higher studies from colleges like iim or iit then surely you will get an job better than the one you will get now
3rd March 2011, 08:18 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello,

I think you should go according to your parents as they are thinking in the right way about your career.

The much degree or qualification you earn ,the much opportunities you will get in your career. More doors will get opened for you after you get a Master's degree after your graduation.

You should complete M.Tech from a recognized institute through GATE or self-sponsered process.

Good luck!
5th March 2011, 12:25 PM
sachin2places

Hello.........According to me,If you get campus placement then it is better to stick to it and start working.you can gain some work experience for a couple of years and then you can go for your higher studies as per your parents will.
But your parents are also right about the fact that you can go for higher studies because it will have 3 advantages for you-1)You can get an extra degree,2)ECE is becoming an evergreen branch so you need not worry about the job scenario say upto a couple of years atleast and 3)You can get better salary after your higher studies.
Sit with your parents and discuss this important junction with your family and don't forget to put forward your interest.
ALL THE BEST
13th April 2011, 03:04 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii work now for 2 years then you can go and mtech in good colleges , surely job is better or study now only its upto you best of luck.
14th April 2011, 10:50 PM
sumati15

hello
you just give preference to your interest.
u can do job for 2 years or u will continue with your studies.
16th April 2011, 12:16 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

dear driend,

I think you should go according to your parents as they are thinking in the right way about your career.

The much degree or qualification you earn ,the much opportunities you will get in your career. More doors will get opened for you after you get a Master's degree after your graduation.

You should complete M.Tech from a recognized institute through GATE or self-sponsered process.

good luck
18th October 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it better to join BPO sector to make career in IT if you do not have any IT experience and required qualification ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?