13th February 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose, PCM or PCB?

i want to take non medical after 10th and i want to be a air force pilot but my mother force me to take medical.i am good at studies and excellent in maths and languages.please help me

13th February 2011, 06:40 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Which stream to choose, PCM or PCB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to take non medical after 10th and i want to be a air force pilot but my mother force me to take medical.i am good at studies and excellent in maths and languages.please help me

If your math subject is good then i advise you to choose the PCM. You must choose your subject on your interest not on the mother's interest. It is good for you after completing 12th with PCM you can take the entrance exam of IIT, AIEEE and other state engineering entrance exam.
13th February 2011, 07:01 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Which stream to choose, PCM or PCB?

dear friend
you should take only that subject in which you are interested because this is very important for study in which field you have interest.
if you not take this time interested subject then you should may be some problem create in coming days that's why you take only that subject you are interested.
and you can understood your mother which subject good for you in which field you want to go.........
13th February 2011, 07:57 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
its always better to take an course in which you feel that you are good and comfortable with,
the medical field has great future and the life is great bu getting an mbbs seat is very tough and you have to really work hard to get an mbbs seat,
where as there are many good colleges for engineering and you can have an good career even after engineering also.
as for as pilot being an air force pilot is concerned you should have maths as an compulsory subject,
the best option for you will be to take mbpc ie maths,physica,chemistry and biology in your inter so that you will have both the options
13th February 2011, 08:00 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Take PCM as your subject in 11th standard as only students having Physics and Mathematics are eligible to become a pilot.

If you are unable to do so then take subject combination as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology + any other fifth subject or language subject. This would be best option for.
13th February 2011, 10:40 PM
aryabhatta

dear

it depends on your interest weather you want to do engineering or medical if you want to do engineering then go for PCM and if you want to go for madical you have to take PCB

there is an another option you can choose PCMB as your subject and later decide what you want to do
14th February 2011, 10:59 AM
mychandru024

try to convince you mother and go for PCM...
14th February 2011, 04:17 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Go for PCM without any hesitation......
if you are good at maths and you don't want medical after 10th, then PCM is the best option.
try to influence your mother.
tell her that you are much more better in PCM, and it is the career that you want.
she will understand you...........
best of luck.
14th February 2011, 05:05 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: Which stream to choose, PCM or PCB?

hi!!!!
As you are excellent in mathematics so better to chose PCM and do not go in that field in which you do not have interest because if you do not have interest in selected field than you can not do well in the same field so better to chose your intesting field so that you can perform well in your desired field.

with best wishes!!!!
14th February 2011, 10:34 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Hi,

if you can persuade your mother, then you should go in the field where you can excel.
Indian air force is really a good career and tell your mother nicely and give details about the job.
You can write NDA exam for this.
Otherwise you go for medical as you are good in studies. i am sure you will do it and excel in that field also.

Thanks
18th February 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

please tell about agricultural science and procedure of doing it
28th March 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

I am not able to understand what shld i do pcm or pcb. I am good in both bio and maths and also have interest in both. Please advice me what shld i take.
31st March 2011, 04:54 AM
Unregistered

hi.
I am good at biology but weak in maths. I wanted to take pcm will it be better for me please i need your advices
thankyou
6th April 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

SIR,
I did 10th c.b.s.c class exams. but i did not well in my maths paper otherwise my other paper is good. what i do please tell me.
12th April 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

I am in 10th at present...and Im confused to take PCM or PCMB???? Im intrested in biology but my parents say that then i'll have to study 4 hard subjects instead of 3...pls i need your advice.
thankyou
12th April 2011, 10:45 PM
Sachin Narayan

For becoming a pilot you need to take the set that is physics chemistry and maths.

As your mother is saying that you should get into medical, convince her tell her that you want to be a pilot and this is your interest.

Every parent will allow their child to do what's his/her interest.
1st May 2011, 10:11 AM
Unregistered

which stream has a bright future- PCB or PCM?
12th May 2011, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

i want to take pcb , but do u then have to choose some extra subject??
31st May 2011, 12:41 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

its always better to take an course in which you feel that you are good and comfortable with,
the medical field has great future and the life is great bu getting an mbbs seat is very tough and you have to really work hard to get an mbbs seat,
where as there are many good colleges for engineering and you can have an good career even after engineering also.
as for as pilot being an air force pilot is concerned you should have maths as an compulsory subject,
the best option for you will be to take mbpc ie maths,physica,chemistry and biology in your inter so that you will have both the options
1st June 2011, 12:58 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

IT is best to go with that in which you are strong and like most . but you want to go for some defense courses choose pcm. it is best and asy also.
1st June 2011, 08:23 PM
vikul

Dear friend,
I am also a student like you.......in my case i chose PCM which was a better choice than PCB.....otherwise you can take both the subjects like physics,chem,maths,biology,english.........so this solves both of yours and your mother's problem ......

GOOD LUCK
1st June 2011, 08:28 PM
vikul

Dear friend,
I suggest you to take PCM because it offers a wide range of courses in engineering...........in joining IAF it does not depend upon either of the subjects it only depends upon how you clear PAT (pilot aptitude test)........

GOOD LUCK
4th June 2011, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i am in 10th at present. i have become a pilot.so...what does i do from 11th?plsss...help me.
26th June 2011, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

i am so confused in the case thaht shall i take pcm or pcb or pcmb......its more of a tension for me as my friends have chosen already and are focused about there future and i am opposite....i am still thinking which ultimately leads me to a pressure and ends up with no conclusion or a right decision......its a sincere request that u help me get out of it ......
29th December 2011, 01:03 AM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

Hello,
I think you should have to go for PCM.If you take PCM you can apply for Engineering course in different colleges all over India.You can also take PCB if you want to go in Medical field.
You can also apply for
B.SC
HOTEL MANAGEMENT
ENGINEERING

GOOD LUCK.
15th February 2012, 09:15 PM
pragati kashyap

Quote:
Its no doubt that elders are more experienced and responsible so they give a good advice but if you have full faith on yourself and you are sure that you can make 12th with maths then go for it.But remember if you are going to take your own decision then its your responsibility to hold it and you have to do more labour to prove your decision right.But always go with your heart voice because atlast you have to study and not your brother and if subjects will not be of your choice then you will definately not feel to study with enthusiasm and feel it as a burden.
15th February 2012, 10:16 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
It totally depends on your interest..........If you are interested in Science and Biology, then you should go for PCB....If you are interested in Maths more, then you should take PCM.........Later on, you can do Engineering........
Both the branches, PCM and PCB have a very good scope in the future.........
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
15th February 2012, 10:52 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You are interested in non medical stream , but your mother forcing you to go for medical stream..

Then my friend I will suggest you to go for non medical stream as in that field you have interest , so, easily you will be able to excel yourself in that particular field.

Try to convince your parents and show them the future prospect of non medical stream like-
*What job possibilities are there?
*What future career options?

I am sure they will understand and give the permission to take admission in non medical stream..
Because you have to pursue the future career, your parents will not..
So, you have to take the decision..

After completion of 12th in Physics, chemistry and maths , you have the career options like-

1.BE/B.tech
2.B.Sc
3.BBA
4.BCA
5.Hotel management
etc..

So, go for it..
All the best.
18th April 2012, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

what can be the best option for a fifth subject with PCB?
22nd May 2012, 11:38 PM
eklavya rathore

Lightbulb Re: Which stream to choose, PCM or PCB?

Quote:
what can be the best option for a fifth subject with PCB?
fifth subject that you must opt for is either computer science or physcology.but if you are quite weak in studies and cannot endure heavy burden of studies then you can take hindi.other choice can be biotechnology but it does not have wide scope in india.
27th March 2014, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

what sould i take maths or biology if ihave interest in maths but i want to take biology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?