29th May 2014, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I take for degree in computer science?

which stream should i take for degree in computer science i.e pcb or pcm and is there any extra test such jee

Related Questions:
  1. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  2. Which stream is better for my master degree after graduating with BSc (Information Science and Telecommunication)?
  3. Syllabus for post of AG III (General) in FCI -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which stream can I swap to in final year of my Bachelor Degree if I have cleared second year with Computer Science stream?
  5. Can i do MSc or M.A after passing graduation
  6. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  7. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?
  8. Which stream is better between ECE and Computer Science? Which has more scope?
  9. Is there any other PG degree that can be done after BSc Computer Science except MCA or MSc? What qualifications are required for doing MS degree? Does MS degree require PG degree?
  10. BEL Syllabus For Computer Science Stream
  11. How to get a job of web designer after completing BSc computers?
  12. MCM Is this a master degree related to computer science?
  13. What are the career options after passing BSc IT? What is the salary range? Is there a good scope in BSc IT?
  14. List of various diploma courses after BDS? Where are the courses offered?
  15. How to do further studies in MS from a well known foreign university? I am pursuing B.Tech from Computer Science Stream from UPTU
  16. Am I eligible to join Indian forces? I am a final year B.Tech degree from computer science stream
  17. Can I take admission in C-DAC course in any institute while continuing my B.Com course?
  18. Can we choose diploma in software engineering after B.Tech in software engineering?
11th June 2014, 12:05 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which stream should I take for degree in computer science?

It is good that you want to pursue your Degree course in Computer Science.

If that is the case, my suggestion is to go with PCM because you will be having more exposure to Mathematics in this course which will be helpful for you in Graduation.

If you opt for PCB, you will come across Life Sceince subjects that have nothing to do with your Computer Science.

You can opt for the following courses at Graduation level.

B.Sc Computer Science
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
B.Tech in Information Technology

The duration of first 2 courses is for 3 years and you don't need to give an Entrance Exam to get admission for these courses.

However to join Engineering course, you have to get through respective Entrance Exam.

Popular Entrance Exams to join Engineering course are
AIEEE
IIT-JEE
BITSAT

In addition, there will be state level Entrance Exams to get admission within th colleges of the state.

Choose the Entrance Exam as per your interest and get good rank in the Entrance Exam.

Then you can get admission for Engineering course in a top college where there are campus placements that will help you to get job before you complete the course.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?