23rd January 2018, 03:50 AM
Unregistered

Which subject is better option to choose for PhD among Management and Commerce? Which has better scope?

I want to do PhD in Management as I have done MBA in major Finance & Minor HR, so please tell me which I subject should I opt for in PhD whether Management or PhD in commerce?

24th January 2018, 07:27 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject is better option to choose for PhD among Management and Commerce? Which has better scope?

Every course has its own importance and career opportunities. The job opportunities are more for Management compared to commerce. It will be better if you choose PhD management other than PhD in commerce. The job opportunities for PhD management and PhD Commerce are mentioned below.

Career opportunities for PhD in management are as follows:

- Team leader
- Associate
- Business Analyst
- Business development manager
- Team Assistant
- Manager and etc.,

Career opportunities for PhD in commerce are as follows:

- Accountant
- Professor
- Associate professor
- Accounts Associate
- Executive Accountant
- Executive Financier
24th January 2018, 10:07 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subject is better option to choose for PhD among Management and Commerce? Which has better scope?

Both the PhD are good and have advantage in expertise , but my recommendation will be PhD in commerce if you want to make career in education sector.
PhD in commerce will not only help you in getting professor job in accounts, economics but also help in getting job as a teacher in management courses after experience in teaching.
26th January 2018, 12:47 AM
MNB1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do PhD in Management as I have done MBA in major Finance & Minor HR, so please tell me which I subject should I opt for in PhD whether Management or PhD in commerce?
If you want to do PHD than you must have some interest in teaching.

You have already completed MBA with Major in Finance.

You should do Phd only if you want to make a career as a professor.

Alternatively you can also work in the corporate sector for 5-7 years and than teach in colleges as Asst professors.

You can do PHD in management as Management subject has great demand in the college.
4th September 2022, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Can a person who has PhD in management studies become an assistant professor in commerce ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?