14th February 2018, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Which subject to choose for PhD and do I need to appear for entrance exam?

I have done my Post Graduate in Management in the year 1997. Want to pursue PhD in child physiology and development, sociology, food and nutrition, (any of these). I have working experience in Social Sector since 1995 till date ie 22 years. Which subject should I choose for doing my PhD? Do I need to appear for the entrance exams?

26th February 2018, 12:13 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject to choose for PhD and do I need to appear for entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my Post Graduate in Management in the year 1997. Want to pursue PhD in child physiology and development, sociology, food and nutrition, (any of these). I have working experience in Social Sector since 1995 till date ie 22 years. Which subject should I choose for doing my PhD? Do I need to appear for the entrance exams?

You have to choose the subject, in which you have done your master’s degree. As mentioned, you have studied Management in master’s degree, then you can choose a PhD in Management. It is not possible to choose any other subject in the PhD. You should have scored at least 55% marks in a master’s degree in the relevant subject from any recognized university for pursuing PhD. You have to clear a PhD entrance examination and interview for the admission. Those candidates who have passed SET/NET/GATE in the relevant subject shall be exempted from the interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?