29th May 2011, 08:31 PM
navk

Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?

sir/madam,
I wanted to know about the subjects which a dental graduate can opt for in the Indian civil services(IAS) examination.The list of subjects given for the medical students includes the subjects which are taught in mbbs and are not a part of the bds curriculum.
So, for cracking d IAS examination,hw should a dental graduate make the selection of subjects..??

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects can AJ dental graduates opt to prepare for civil services exam? What can be the combination of subjects for optional subjects?
  2. Portion for IAS exam for a Dental Graduate? Books to be referred?
  3. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  4. How to prepare myself for IAS exam? How many subjects do I have to opt for IAS exam?
  5. Can I apply for IAS exam if I am a Hotel management graduate from IHM Mumbai
  6. Which subjects should be taken for UPSC exam? Which are the subjects for Dental and what is the UPSC syllabus?
  7. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer? -- [New]
  8. Which subjects i should opt for IAS main and prelims? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Main Exam being a Graduate with English Honors?
  10. Can I opt for subjects of my interest in IAS exam or is it compulsory to choose the one related to degree?
  11. Graduate with B.A. (English) is eligible for IAS Exam?
  12. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? How many optional subjects should we opt for IAS exam?
  13. Which subjects should I opt for IAS having given my final year B.Com recently?
  14. How can I appear for IAS? What should I prefer after 12th? What should I do between BSc and B.Tech?
  15. Is provision certificate enough to give the IAS examination? Which are the books to be preferred for its preparations?
  16. How to study IAS after completing bachelor of dental surgery(DS)
  17. If i opt for Arts then which subjects should I choose in IAS?
  18. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
1st June 2011, 07:15 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?

You can choose only from the list provided. So you have to choose the ones you are most comfortable in. Since the subjects are not related to what you have studied in BDS you need to put in extra effort. For the prelims part is aptitude oriented preparations can be done based on the books available in the market. For the mains part you can collect the syllabus and based on that prepare for the exam.
17th October 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?

with history subject other which subject we can take
17th October 2011, 08:06 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

IAS (Indian Administrative Services) is basically for those who are firmly determined for dedication of themselves towards the own country.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam

1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

No.Of Attemptes:

General Candidates - 4 Attempts

OBC Candidates - 7 Attempts

SC/ST Candidates - No Limits.

The General Studies paper and one Optional paper both the papers are the compulsory paper.

according to the list of optional paper are as:
1) Psychology

2) Commerce and Accountancy

3) History

4) Geography

5) Physics

6) Medical Science

7) Law

8) Mathematics

9) Mechanical Engineering

10) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science

11) Public Administration

12) Agriculture

13) Sociology

14) Botany

15) Chemistry

16) Geology

17) Electrical Engineering

18) Civil Engineering

19) Economics

20) Philosophy

21) Zoology

22) Political Science

23) Statistics

for some questions or subjects follow the link:http://www.iupsc.com/label/ias/
3rd November 2011, 10:20 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

You can choose only from the list provided. So you have to choose the ones you are most comfortable in. Since the subjects are not related to what you have studied in BDS you need to put in extra effort. For the prelims part is aptitude oriented preparations can be done based on the books available in the market. For the mains part you can collect the syllabus and based on that prepare for the exam.
19th March 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam
m a dentist and wants to answer IAS and KAS exams ,i wana know which subjects can a BDS candidate opt for these ex
15th May 2012, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

being a dental student opting for zoology nd sciology.......... a good option???????
15th June 2012, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

other than sociology n zoology,what other subjects can dentists take?
15th June 2012, 10:37 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by navk View Post
sir/madam,
I wanted to know about the subjects which a dental graduate can opt for in the Indian civil services(IAS) examination.The list of subjects given for the medical students includes the subjects which are taught in mbbs and are not a part of the bds curriculum.
So, for cracking d IAS examination,hw should a dental graduate make the selection of subjects..??
HI!
Friend you can chose any subject in which you are intrested.

List of Optional subject:-
Agriculture
Mathematics
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce
Political Science
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law

ALL THE BEST!
6th January 2013, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

which subject can dental students opt in ias entrance exam????????????
19th January 2013, 08:12 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam

1.Agriculture
2.Medical Science
3.Commerce and Accountancy
4.Economics
5.Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
6.Political Science
7.Civil Engineering
8.Mechanical Engineering
9.Political Science

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th July 2014, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

I m very interested in preparing for IAS I was little bit poor in comunication skills how to improve it
26th December 2014, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

I'm quite interested in ias and wanna get a suggestion abt my future graduation subjects!!!
9th March 2015, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Please suggest me any book which I may start reading for cracking KAS exam as I am a BDS student
5th May 2016, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for IAS exam if I am a degree of BA English graduate from kannur university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?