29th December 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose for IAS Main Exam being a Graduate with English Honors?

i m graduate with english hons ...............
n which two subject i should chose 4 ias mains exam prepration .i m totaly confuse..

Related Questions:
  1. BA in English honors after completing 12th in PSEB? -- [New]
  2. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  3. How should I prepare for IAS exam? Which are the main subjects that I have to study?
  4. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Preliminary Exam and Main Exam having completed BE in ECE?
  5. How to join IAS exam after passing B.Tech? Which subjects should I choose as optional subject?
  6. Which subjects to choose for IAS? I am a Biotechnology student
  7. What are the main terms for IAS?
  8. Which subjects can a dental graduate opt in IAS exam? How should a dental graduate make the selection for subjects for cracking IAS exam?
  9. Graduate with B.A. (English) is eligible for IAS Exam?
  10. Hostelers fee and subject combination for Geology honours?
  11. What are the optional subjects in 11th with Humanities?
  12. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  13. How many optional subjects we have to opt for IAS EXAM , in primiliary & in main? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Which optional subjects should I choose in IAS mains exam? I am doing my graduation in BSc Nursing
  15. Which subjects can I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in Electronics and Communication? Will the public administrator and history subjects are good for me?
  16. How to prepare for UPSC Exam being a B.Com Graduate and pursuing CA Final? Which subjects should I choose for Preliminary and Main Exam?
  17. How many Optional subjects to choose for IAS Main Exam?
  18. Best possible subjects combination for me in graduation? I want to apply for IAS later
1st January 2012, 03:03 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS Main Exam being a Graduate with English Honors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
n which two subject i should chose 4 ias mains exam prepration .i m totaly confuse..
English is not among the optional papers and you haven'r mentioned about the combination of subjects you had in your degree program. However, in most of the cases, students usually selects general subjects from the following options:
  • Economics
  • Philosophy
  • Political Science
  • History
I am quite sure that you had any two of the options provided above, as your general subjects in the bachelors degree program.

Now, in the civil service examination, you will have to select any two subjects as your optional papers. Depending upon the subject you have studied in your bachelors degree program, you may select your optional papers which could be:

Economics and Philosophy
Economics and History
Economics and Political Science
History and Philosophy
History and Political Science
Political Science and Philosophy

Any of these combination of subjects are allowed as per the UPSC guidelines and therefore, depending upon your interest and expertise, you may select any of those.
12th February 2013, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose for IAS Main Exam being a Graduate with English Honors?

M in 2nd year BA general...which subjects should I choose for ias preparation??
12th February 2013, 09:54 AM
Unregistered

M in 2nd yr BA general...which subjects should I choose for ias preparation??
12th February 2013, 02:11 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
If you want you can opt English as you one optional subject.

For second option subject you have to decide which is easier for you and which you can remember for a long time.

Chose that subject in which you are interested.

List of option subject:-
Agriculture
Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
Mathematics
Anthropology
Mechanical Engineering
Botany
Medical Science
Chemistry
Philosophy
Civil Engineering
Physics
Commerce & Accountancy
Political Science & International Relations
Economics
Psychology
Electrical Engineering
Public Administration
Geography
Sociology
Geology
Statistics
Indian History
Zoology
Law
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?