11th July 2013, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

What are the main terms for IAS?

what are the main terms for ias?what subjects we have to choose for exam?how can we prepare for ias?how will i become an ias officer?

17th July 2013, 11:32 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What are the main terms for IAS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what are the main terms for ias?what subjects we have to choose for exam?how can we prepare for ias?how will i become an ias officer?
Main terms in the sense important information for you to interpret the things required for IAS only no? Actually understanding this is pretty simple. It is not complex at all.

First lets see eligibility criteria, educational qualifications and relaxation benefits as in case for SC,ST,OBC as you didn't mentioned what you are.
Getting started with eligibility criteria, in terms of age one should be in the age range of 21 and 30 (21 as minimum and 30 as maximum). When look with respect to education. One should complete his/her education in 10+2+3 or 10+3+3/4 format. Or any other equivalent format. You should ultimately possess a graduation degree from a valid university be it Indian or foreign.

Now coming to relaxation benefits some categories like SC/ST/OBC are relaxed accordingly i.e.,
3 years of age is relaxed for OBC
5 years for SC/ST candidates. And highest chunk of this relaxation goes to PH category. And coming to attempt relaxation. For general category no benefit is applied i.e., only 4 attempts for OBC candidates 7 attempts and for SC/ST candidates no attempt on limit that means they can write USPC Civil Services Exam any number of times I mean in the range of their applicable age.

Subject selection will come only after clearing first round of exam i.e., after clearing UPSC CSAT which is a preliminary elimination round. After that you need to select an optional subject for Mains from the prescribed optional list.

Preparation for it has to be done very carefully in a planned manner. After knowing all this pattern and syllabus if you feel confident then you prepare yourself else, it is advisable to take the help of good coaching center. Because cracking this exam on your own in isolation requires lot of extra skills. If you possess them well and good. If you don't then please don't take risk. Try with the help of coaching center. There are good number of such institutions through out our country.

One day with all this planning and dreams you will become IAS officer after getting through this strenuous selection procedure. At any stage if you require our help this forum is 24X7, 365 days will open for your queries. Just ask us.

Regards
20th October 2013, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What are the main terms for IAS?

is there any chance to handle the IAS exam in my mother tongue? i am tamil
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?