26th December 2011, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects should i choose for KAS exam? I am a commerce graduate

I am a commerce Graduate, i want to make a choice of my subjects for KAS examination would someone guide me what sort of subjects should i choose
please

31st August 2012, 11:26 PM
CHOGC

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects should i choose for KAS exam? I am a commerce graduate

KARNATAKA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
RECRUITMENTS THROUGH COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS FOLLOWED BY PERSONALITY TEST.
GAZETTED PROBATIONERS
For an effective administration of the Government, it is the policy of the Government to recruit dynamic youngsters in the administration of the State. For this purpose Gazetted probationers Rules of 1966 has been introduced.
It is provided in the Rules that the Commission should invite applications from the eligible candidates for recruitment to the posts coming under Group I & II Civil Service posts. Upto 1997, these examinations were conducted at a single stage followed by Personality Test.
In the year 1997 this procedure was given up and the rules were amended on the lines of Civil Service examinations conducted by the U.P.S.C.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
As per the 1997 Rules the competitive examination comprises of :
1. Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) for the Selection of candidates to the main examination ; and
2. Main Examination (Written Examination ) for selection of candidates to the personality test.
3. Personality test : For final selection of candidates to various posts/ caders.
A. PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION:
The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers with objective type questions (multiple choice).
Subject - Marks
Paper – I General Studies. - 150
Paper – II One subject to be selected from the list of optional subjects. - 300
Total - 450 marks
Note 1: The question paper would be set both in Kannada and English.
A candidate may answer the paper entirely either in Kannada or in English.
Note 2: The standard of Preliminary Examination is that of degree level.
Note 3: Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Note 4: The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination would be 20 times the vacancies notified for recruitment in the order of merit on the basis of the performance in the preliminary Examination . This would take care of vacancies reserved for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other Backward classes.
B. Main Examination: The main Examination consists of written examination which of conventional type.
SUBJECT - MARKS
Paper - I Kannada. - 150 marks
Paper - II English. - 150 marks
Paper – III & IV General studies. - 300 marks for each paper
Paper – V, VI, VII & VIII Two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects. Each subject will have two papers. 300 marks for each paper
TOTAL 1800 marks
Note 1: The marks obtained in compulsory papers i.e. in Kannada and in English are of qualifying nature. For qualifying in these papers, a minimum of 30% in each paper and 35% aggregate is prescribed. The marks obtained in these two papers are not considered for determining the merit for selection. Candidates who do not secure the prescribed marks in these papers namely, Kannada and English, will not be eligible for personality test and selection.
Note 2: The Examination is of conventional type.
Note 3: The question papers are set both in Kannada and in English. A candidate may answer a paper either entirely in Kannada or in English.
Note 4: The standard of the main examination except paper – I Kannada and Paper – II English (qualifying nature) are that of degree level. The standard of paper – I Kannada and Paper – II English are that of First Language Kannada.
All the best.
23rd July 2013, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects should i choose for KAS exam? I am a commerce graduate

am engg graduate . is there any percentage of marks required?
30th December 2013, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which subjects should i choose for KAS exam? I am a commerce graduate

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1562042]I am a commerce Graduate, i want to make a choice of my subjects for KAS
17th August 2014, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Venktesha.k Koratagere iam B.A .Graduate which subject taken in K.A.S exame please answer me?
18th September 2015, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

I am a commerce student which subject should I choose for KAS prelims?
15th September 2021, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

to become kas officer i should take science or commerce
30th September 2021, 03:44 PM
Minal F

For KAS Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or Master's degree or it's equivalent to from a recogniszed university.

Age limit- Minimum 21 years and Maximum 35 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?