29th May 2010, 07:32 PM
swarag

Which subjects should i take in class 11th to do marine engineering in future?

what subject should i take in class 11 to do marine engineering? i am having 60%mark in class 10

Related Questions:
29th May 2010, 11:20 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which subjects should i take in class 11th to do marine engineering in future?

you should opt for the science stream for doing engineering in future.......

all the best
29th May 2010, 11:36 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should i take in class 11th to do marine engineering in future?

dear friend

If you are interested to do marine engineering in future, then i will suggest you just take science stream in 11th class because the eligiblity of marine engineering is pass in 12th exams with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English. So please take science stream to do marine engineering in future............
29th May 2010, 11:39 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, your target to be marine engineer is really appreciated.
so you have to choose PCM as main paper in your +2 study, because math is necessary for doing any engineering degree.
so kindly take science with maths as your main paper.
good luck.
30th May 2010, 01:56 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Go for PCM, Physics Chemistry, Mathematics stream in 11th. You need to have a good grasp in physical science and maths to do marine engineering. Try to score more than 60% so that you can quality yourself for marine engineering entrance exams.
30th May 2010, 07:07 AM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

Offcourse you should go for Non- Medical science.

You should have PCM with computer sciences, this will help you in future.

The subjects include in Marine Engineering are -
- English
- Applied Mathematics
- Physics and Electronics
- Computer Science
- Marine Management.

Best of luck
30th May 2010, 10:57 AM
danish_ejaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarag View Post
what subject should i take in class 11 to do marine engineering? i am having 60%mark in class 10
To do the marine engineering you pass 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics. You should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.
30th May 2010, 11:18 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

For studing any Engineering Weather Marine or else, if you want to explore your career in Engineering you have to opt for Pure Science which generally includes combination of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM). However you can also opt for Maths, Physics and Computer science or else, but I will advice you only to opt for PCM.

That's because for if you want to make a great career in Marine Engineering, then it is important to persue B.Tech from Good Institute, and institutes like- MERI, T.S. Chanakya, IIT are best institutes in India for the purpose, and for persuing B.Tech from there you have to crack IITJEE with good rank, and for appearing for IITJEE PCM is required.

Apart from IITJEE, even any engineering entrance like- AIEEE, VITEEE, KIIITEE, WBJEE etc. you have to opt for PCM.

So, the whole summary is that Choice Pure science with combination of PCM.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
14th June 2010, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

what subjects shold i take in 11th class so that i can do cyber security in future
16th June 2010, 12:05 AM
raghav*

You should go for Non medical stream.

English, Applied Mathematics, Physics and Electronics
Computer Science, Marine Management

These are the subjects for marine engg, so give importance to these.
22nd June 2010, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

i have passed for 10 th std this year and wish to take science but i am confused because i dont know whether i should take bifocal or general science for merchant navy or marine engineering
22nd June 2010, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

should i take computer science or electrnoics or mechanical in11th for marine engineering along with pcm and english?
23rd June 2010, 08:17 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
should i take computer science or electrnoics or mechanical in11th for marine engineering along with pcm and english?

The only requirement for Persuing MArine Engineering is PCM with 60% aggregate along with 50% in English either in 10th or 12th.

However, better opt for Electronics apart from PCM & Eng.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
23rd June 2010, 10:49 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

For taking marine engineering in future you better take electronics with physics,chemistry,maths and English.

Good luck!
23rd June 2010, 11:45 PM
bholag

my dear friend,
you must have MATHS,PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY
in 11th to do marine engineering in future.
to do marine engineering you have to clear an entrance-exam to get admission for marine engineering in different colleges.
few exams through which you can get admission are IITJEE,AIEEE,WBJEE.
you have to score good rank in this.
so dear start preparing well and work hard to crack the exam.
all the best for your future
24th June 2010, 12:41 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

physics, chemistry and maths will give you success to reach your destination
24th June 2010, 08:41 AM
sandy B

hello friend,according to my knowledge physics,chemistry,mat is required to appear in entrance of marine engg.min marks of 12th 60% marks also required & in 60% in english language..
24th June 2010, 08:51 AM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Which subjects should i take in class 11th to do marine engineering in future?

dear friend

to do marine engineering u have take science in 11th class.

u have to complete 12 with marks above 60% so that u will be eligible to apply 4 marine engineering.
u can get admission to marine engineeribg through entrance examination.

all the best 4 ur carrier.
24th June 2010, 10:52 AM
Kumar Mayank

Quote:
You just need to opt for science subjects.
Then in class 12th you need to give various entrance exams like AIEEE,IITJEE, and your state entrance exam to continue your aim of marine engineering.
"Best of luck"
30th June 2010, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

but i am poor in phy chem
30th June 2010, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i am in 11th std. and i had taken P.C.M, ENGLISH & B.tec now wat should i do further.
30th June 2010, 11:37 PM
mathursaab

You should opt for science maths in class 11th to do marine engineering.
1st July 2010, 07:33 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

i think u should select science stream with pcm if u r intersted for marine engg
3rd July 2010, 11:54 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Dear Swarag for doing Marine engg. you should take science because these subjects will help you while you will be doing your marine engg. course.

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE!!!!
4th July 2010, 01:38 AM
vanshu sharma

u must take science stream for marine engineering
its an basic step towards your goal
4th July 2010, 11:05 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

To go for marine engg. you should select the following stream and subjects :
stream:science
subjects:
1physics
chemistry
3maths
as these are the compulsory subjects for the admission for marine engg.
4th July 2010, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

what are the best engineering courses for earning good income?
4th July 2010, 05:56 PM
bhubaneshwari

Dear friend,
For taking up B.E/B.Tech. Marine Engg. you need to have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English in class 12.
31st July 2010, 10:33 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

you need to have mathematics with science ...concentrate much mathematics physics and chemistry.. its all useful subjects for the marine engineering.........

regards
azhar
22nd October 2010, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

how many percent are required to choose "PCM" & to have good service ? please give exact ans.
17th November 2010, 11:58 AM
gurraj singh

Quote:
you should opt for the science stream for doing engineering in future.......

all the best
16th December 2010, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

date of this exam
29th December 2010, 09:43 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Red face Re: Which subjects should i take in class 11th to do marine engineering in future?

Dear friend,

You should take Physics ,Chemistary, Mathmatics and English in class 11th to do marine engineering in future.

Impove english it will help you a lot.

All the best.
15th February 2011, 07:01 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
how many percent are required to choose "PCM" & to have good service ? please give exact ans.
if you get at least 60 marks in each of maths, physical science, then you can take
PCM (physics, chemistry, maths)....
but you have to be very strong in maths.
15th February 2011, 07:06 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
what are the best engineering courses for earning good income?
there are many engineering courses which will give a good salary....

you can opt for electrical, mechanical, civil, computer science, IT, marine....

all are profitable and fetch high packages of salary.............
23rd February 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

hello ppl.. plz..help me out.. i am totally confused...cuz i wantd to take up pcm with computr science in 11'th.. bt i dun think i'll get it... (bt the finals r not yet startd nyways..bt i dun think i wil get it) ...
wil commerce wid maths help me in any of the engineerng options..?... plz reply.. :/
3rd May 2011, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

i studied still 10th class in hindi.so now i want to take science,but now my problem is science is in english.i afraid for this.i canno't think what
subjects i should select in 11th class?my english is not so bad but we know that science english is different.plzz give me advise on this.
10th June 2011, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

how many percent got pcm...........
16th June 2011, 12:27 AM
shekharrai

Hi dear,

For studing any Engineering Weather Marine or else, if you want to explore your career in Engineering you have to opt for Pure Science which generally includes combination of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry (PCM). However you can also opt for Maths, Physics and Computer science or else, but I will advice you only to opt for PCM.

That's because for if you want to make a great career in Marine Engineering, then it is important to persue B.Tech from Good Institute, and institutes like- MERI, T.S. Chanakya, IIT are best institutes in India for the purpose, and for persuing B.Tech from there you have to crack IITJEE with good rank, and for appearing for IITJEE PCM is required.

Apart from IITJEE, even any engineering entrance like- AIEEE, VITEEE, KIIITEE, WBJEE etc. you have to opt for PCM.

So, the whole summary is that Choice Pure science with combination of PCM

Thanks
29th June 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Is It Necessary to take hindi subject in 11 class in cbse??? or we can take physical education???
5th August 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

can i take humanities stream for marine engineering course ?
7th September 2011, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

Which iniversity is the best to study marine enghneering
5th November 2011, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

whic are the best collage and how much is thir cutoff marks
5th November 2011, 09:37 AM
Unregistered

which are best collage and what is their cutoff marks for doing marine engieering
5th March 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

i opt science in 11th class main subject biology along with physics and chemistry i got 85% in 12th would i eligible for marine
12th March 2012, 06:45 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!

After passing 12th if you want to do marine engineering course then you have to pass 12th class with physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.

Eligibility criteria for marine engineering:-
> Pass 12th with Physics, chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
> Must be above 17 year and below 25 year.
> Must be citizen of India.

After passing 12th if you want to take admission top marine engineering then you have to qualify the entrance exam like A.I.E.E.E, I.I.T-J.E.E.

TOP MARINE ENGINEERING COLLEGE:-

IIT Kharagpur-Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

IIT Madras-Indian Institute of Technology

Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai

PSN College of Engineering and Technology, Tirunelveli

Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan’s College of Engineering, Mumbai

C.V.Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar

GOOD LUCK!
1st May 2013, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

plzz i need advise on recent subjet needed for marine engineering
24th June 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I am in 1 now i have taken bio-maths group with physics and chemistry.....i would like to take computer science instead of biology.........is computer knowledge or biological knowledge will help me more to become an marine engineer....now in SSLC i have 92% of marks...please help me.....
25th June 2013, 01:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Marine Engineering you have to opt for Physics, Chemistry and Maths in 11th class.

After completion of 10+2 you have to appear for entrance examination to get admission into a Marine Engineering college. If you get a decent rank then you will get admission into a good college

So opt for PCM and start the preparation for entrance examination along with the studies because the questions will be related to 11th and 12th syllabus. You must have very good basic knowledge of Physics, Chemistry and Maths to get a top rank in the entrance.

Objective type questions will be asked in the entrance examination and you need to answer the questions very carefully because there will be negative marking for wrong answers.

Some of the top Marine Engineering colleges in India are listed below:

-MERI (Marine Engg Research Instt.) & T S Chanakya(Navi Mumbai).

-International Instt. Of Maritime Sc. , Haldia.

-IIT MUMBAI/DELHI/KHARAGPUR/KANPUR/ROORKIE

-BITS Pilani

-Cochin University.

-Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research , Mumbai.

-Coimbatore Marine Engineering College ,Tamil Nadu.

-C V Raman College of Engineering Bidyanagar,Mahura,Janla Bhubaneswar

-Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training,Chennai

-Mangalore Marine College and Technology Padil Padavu,Karnataka

-Park Maritime Academy,Coimbatore,Tamil Nadu

24th November 2013, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Good morning too everyone i am a student age 15.I am interest in marine engineer so what subject i need to take to become marine ingineer and what percentage i need to take please tell me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?