23rd December 2011, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

Syllabus and Pattern of IAF Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?

hello sir/madam
my name is Ashok, currently I'm pursing my 3rd year mechanical engineering.
i have passion of joining IAF since from my childhood, recently i got to know about ues entry
in IAF now i have applied for it, i know the syllabus and exam pattern , can you give me some useful tips and how to prepare for these exam, and any website or books which i can refer too.. exam is on feb 26 2012.

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering? Will there be any Coaching centers for this Exam in Chandigarh?
  2. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd semester of Mechanical Engineering? Which Books should I prepare for this Exam?
  3. Syllabus and Tips to prepare for MIB Entrance Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of Graduation?
  4. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  5. Which books to refer for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Exam pattern and Syllabus for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing 1st year B.Sc?
  7. Syllabus to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Will there be any criteria to join IAF after completion of Graduation being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  10. How to get a government job related to Mechanical Engineering? What is the syllabus? Tips for preparation?
  11. Tips on preparing for PSU exam? Syllabus for PSU exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which Exams can I appear for being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?
  13. IAF as airmen after 3rd year diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  14. Am I eligible to give IES exam while pursuing EC engineering? Tips for the entrance exam?
  15. How can I prepare for DRDO exam? I am a student of mechanical engineering
  16. Is this necessary to learn German language being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering as Mechanical is good in German?
  17. Syllabus, pattern and books to be referred for AFCAT exam? Previous years question papers?
  18. Best Government Jobs for me being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year Mechanical Engineering?
23rd December 2011, 03:28 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus and Pattern of IAF Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Air-force.

There are some selection procedure such as:

Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

i)19 to 23 years

ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.

Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:

You have to be Single.

Nationality:

You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT_Sample.pdf(138.8 KB, 170 views)
23rd December 2011, 03:31 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus and Pattern of IAF Exam? Tips to prepare for this Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of Mechanical Engineering?

Its great opportunity to you to serve for your own country,if you have the caliber you must join the Indian Air-force.

There are some selection procedure such as:

Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

i)19 to 23 years

ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.

Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:

You have to be Single.

Nationality:

You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in
11th May 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

i pursing 3rd yearb.tech in ece .iwant to join in iaf .how to apply for my course.pls send details
21st June 2012, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

what is the syllabus for indian airforce exam for 2012 jul22 in madurai
6th July 2012, 12:29 PM
shonak159

Syllabus and Pattern of IAF Exam for more information go for this link
I hope this link best for you.

http://indianairforce.nic.in/pdf/SYLLABUS_FOR_GROUP_Y.pdf
24th September 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

what is the criteria and syllabus for IAF after B.TECH.?i am in final year of branch of applied electronics and instrumentation and i want to become a pilot,please reply me.
25th September 2012, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

sir when you held the airman selection in tamilnadu?
7th January 2013, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

i am studying fe mech, sir pls may i have any guidence to prepare for IAF pilot?
7th January 2013, 08:36 PM
ipkay93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying fe mech, sir pls may i have any guidence to prepare for IAF pilot?
Hello dear aspirant, as you want to join Indian Air Force as a pilot after your B.E. in Mechanical Engineering then you will have to appear for the Combined Defense Services Examination. Here are some details regarding CDSE Examination:

Age Limit for CDS:
>> Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination. ( For IAF)

Eligibility for CDS:

>> B.Sc. of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.

Physical Requirements for CDS:

>>Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations specified in the Commission's.

Syllabus for CDS Exam:
>>English
>>General Knowledge
>>Mathematics

Application procedure:
>>Blank application forms and other particulars are published by UPSC in leading newspapers and Employment News in the month of May/June and November/December.
>>The application forms are available on payment of the requisite amount from any of the designated post office throughout the country.

Selection Procedure:
The SSB after clearing the Written test includes:

PERSONALITY TEST
>>Situation Reaction Test
>>Thematic Apperception Test
>>Word Association Test
>>Group Test
PHYSICAL TEST

Regards,
Pkay.
24th July 2013, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

what syllabus need for cdse exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?