4th February 2012, 05:59 PM

Is there any age relaxation for government employees in IAS examination?

i a govt. servant in maharashtra govt. working as pharmacy officer at taluqa hospital. i want to whether i can give upsc exam or not my current age is 34

12th February 2012, 05:33 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is there any age relaxation for government employees in IAS examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i a govt. servant in maharashtra govt. working as pharmacy officer at taluqa hospital. i want to whether i can give upsc exam or not my current age is 34
No,
there is no separate relaxation for Government employees..
Only age relaxation can be availed by

->OBC
->SC/ST
->Physical Challenged.
->Some relaxation by Ex-Service men
->Commissioned officers.
->Persons related to defence with respect to pre defined protocols.

as you have crossed upper age limit of general category you have no chance to appear in this exam.

Actually the upper age limit for general category applicant is 30 years.

For your information sake I'm uploading a previous notification in which you can find the complete details regarding your doubt about age relaxations.

have a look into it. Once keenly check out the column 1 deeply. you can find a table related to age relaxations.

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf notification-civil-service-exam-2011.pdf(346.9 KB, 445 views)
12th February 2012, 06:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation for government employees in IAS examination?

Quote:

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.So you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Your age in now 34 years so if you are from SC/ST category then you are applicable for IAS exam otherwise not

Also you must be in citizen in India.

For On-line application click on the link www.upsconline.nic.in

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in
12th February 2012, 06:42 PM
prince222

Default Re: Is there any age relaxation for government employees in IAS examination?

no ,there is no relaxation of age in your case. the age limit for general category candidates is 30 years. thus you are not eligible. if you belong to reserse category candidate,i.e,st,sc,obc or you are an ex serviceman in any of the following post under this examination or you belong to kashmir area affected due to militancy or you belong to family affected during 1984 roits then age relaxation applies to you .you can confirm age relaxation related para in upsc.gov.in regards prince222
24th February 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

i, sanjeev kumar a soldier (OR) GD. I am 26yr and graduate. I belongs to OBC cat. Can i give upse exam?
28th February 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 28/11/1984.Pls confirm i am eligible for 2014 civil services exam which will held on 2015(prelim)
26th April 2012, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i am 39 years old govt servent sc can i write ias exam
25th May 2012, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

what are the age relaxations for an ex-army person to attending ias exam
12th June 2012, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

I am govt. Employee in edu. department,my DOB 15/03/1964,belong to sc category,can i apply for civil services exam
11th August 2012, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

is there any changes in pattern of ias exam. for 2013-2014
21st October 2012, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

i am a govt employee in central railway what is the age limit of ias i belongs to obc
22nd October 2012, 06:39 PM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.
23rd October 2012, 04:09 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Is there any age relaxation for government employees in IAS examination?

Quote:

Yes, There is a relaxation available for Reserved category for UPSC examination on Upper Age anr Attempt Limit......

General Age Limit is 21 to 30 years.

Relaxation on Upper Age:
  • For OBC Category 21 to 33 years.
  • For SC/ST Category 21 to 35 years.
  • For PH Student 21 to 40 years.

Attempt Limit:

General Attempt Limit is 4 times......

Relaxation For Attempt Limit:

• For OBC Maximum 7 times.
  • For SC/ST/Ph No attempt limit.
6th November 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

i am a state govt employee, 35 years , and belong to st community , can i still appear in IAS exam?
6th November 2012, 08:43 PM
Chirag17
Senior Member+

Hi,

Age relaxation for IAS

- sc/st catagery 7 years

- obc catagery 5 years

- ph catagery 10 years

8th January 2013, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

sir i want to know what is procedure for acknowledging our organisation before appearing for u.p.s.c exam
currently i am a central govt. employee .
i am going to write u.p.s.c -2013 . is it required to intimate our concerned organisation before appearing for exam?
When to intimate my dept. i.e. before pre. Or before main.is there any problem if they inform before main.
9th January 2013, 03:52 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

No, the age relaxation is not given on the basis of your job. It doesn't make any difference that you're a government employee or a non government employee.
The age relaxation is provided only when the category is different. Like if you belong to general category, then your age limit will be 21-30 years.
The limit for obc-21-33 years
And that of the sc st-21-35 years
9th January 2013, 03:26 PM
nitishtrifid

Hello Dear,

IAS exam is also known as CSAt exam which is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

there are relaxation provided to category wise candidate but not fopr special relaxation for government employee.

this relaxation are provided in the upper age limit
Age of the candidate should be 21 to 30 year.
candidate who are belong from OBC category can give this exam at the age 21 to 33 year
candidate who belong from SC/ST category can apply this exam at the age 21 to 35 year
for PH candidate 10 year relaxation in upper sage limit
22nd May 2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 31.10.1984. Am I eligible for 2014 exam.
25th June 2013, 06:11 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend there is no special age relaxation for government employees in IAS exam.

The relaxation available for Reserved category for UPSC examination on Upper Age.

General category candidates age limit is 21 years to 30 years.

Age relaxation 3 years for OBC categeory candidates.

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST category candidates.

For P.H candidates 10 years age relaxation.

For apply IAS exam candidate must have to completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in
6th August 2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

hello..pls tell...my date of birth is 15-05-1979..and i belong to sc category...am i eligible to appear in 2014 upsc civil service? iam a Gr 1 gazetted officer in govt of tamilnadu
7th August 2013, 06:28 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
IAS exam stands for Indian Administrative Service.

The examination was conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-

The candidate should have a bachelor degree in any discipline.

The candidate age must be 21 years to 30 years as 1st august of the year of examination.The relaxation is given to the various reserved categories.

Minimum and Maximum age limit for IAS Exam?

Relaxation for reserved categories :-

>>>>For SC/ST category : 5 years.

>>>>For OBC category : 3 years.

>>>>For Ex-servicemen category : 5 years.

>>>>For PD category : 10 years.

The examination can be divided into three parts : 1)Preliminary 2)Main 3)Interview.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
7th August 2013, 07:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
No,there is no special age relaxation for government employees to write IAS examination. And the age relaxation is only for the following categories :
**OBC-3 Years
**SC/ST-5 Years
The age limit is between 21-30 years to apply for the IAS examination.
Thank You
8th August 2013, 06:31 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
ias exam is conducted by upsc once in a year,

eligibility for ias exam :

1.must be a citizen of india
2.must be graduate from a recognised university

no of attempts allowed:

general 4 attempts
obc 7 attempts
sc/st- unlimited but limited to age criteria

age limit is 21 to 30

upper age limit

obc 3 years
sc/st 5 years

as your age is 34 if you belong to sc/st catogery then you are eligible otherwise you are not eligible
8th August 2013, 09:10 PM
john215

Re: Is there any age relaxation for government employees in IAS examination?

Dear friend,

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.
So you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.There is no marks criteria.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited.
For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Your age in now 34 years so if you are from SC/ST category then you are applicable for IAS exam otherwise not

Also you must be in citizen in India.

Thanks!!!
all the best................
15th August 2013, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Hello i am now Army Servant My Age is 22 year open So i can Apply into UPSC Exam For IPS Officer Exam
6th January 2014, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

I want to know is there any specific reason as to why the date of 1st August being taken as the cut-off date for the age in civil services exam and not 1st january ??

I mean what wrong a person born on 30th july of a year done than a person born on 2nd August that one crucial chance of his appearing in such a prestigious examination is taken away ??

It should be 1st Jan of the year so that all persons born in a single year can be categorised as one and are treated equally.. like all those born in the year 1984 are treated equally as those born in 1985.. Someone knowledgeable please help.. :)
6th January 2014, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I want to know is there any specific reason as to why the date of 1st August being taken as the cut-off date for the age in civil services exam and not 1st january ??

I mean what wrong a person born on 30th july of a year done than a person born on 2nd August that one crucial chance of his appearing in such a prestigious examination is taken away ??

It should be 1st Jan of the year so that all persons born in a single year can be categorised as one and are treated equally.. like all those born in the year 1984 are treated equally as those born in 1985.. Someone knowledgeable please help.. :)
21st January 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

I m KVS employee.am. Am I eligible for getting age relaxation in IB ACIO gradell/Exe exam
21st January 2014, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I m KVS employee.am. Am I eligible for getting age relaxation in IB ACIO gradell/Exe exam
22nd January 2014, 08:49 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. In order to be placed in IAS, one should have to crack civil services exam.

The complete selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

One should be a candidate who have completed Graduation in order to be eligible to apply for this exam.

The normal age criteria that is possessed by the candidates to be eligible for this exam is 21-30 years.

Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.

For the candidates of SC or ST category, the relaxation in upper age limit is upto 5 years.

If you are an ex-serviceman, you will get relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years.

For the candidates with physical disabilities, it is upto 10 years.

As per UPSC notification, there is no special relaxation in upper age limit for the candidates who are working as Government Employees.

In such a case you will not be getting any relaxation in upper age limit to apply for this exam.

As you are at the age of 34 years, you are eligible to apply for this exam only when you are a candidate from SC or ST category.

Just check yourself with this criteria and confirm your eligibility.

Wish you all the best.
28th June 2014, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

sir i am railway gov. employee my age 40 years old my date of birth 03 01 1974 can i applayee for ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?