13th December 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Is there age relaxation for Central Government Employees in UPSC?

I am planning to apply for UPSC. I am already working in central government. So i want to know if there is any age relaxation for central government employees?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the age relaxation for Women in UPSC IAS exam? Age relaxation for government service employees and ex serviceman's family members?
  2. Will there be any relaxation in age for Central Government Employees for the recruitment of PGTs in KVS or NVS?
  3. Is there any age relaxation for Bank PO jobs for govt. employees?
  4. Age relaxation in Central government job being 30 years old State government employee?
  5. Do central government employees get age relaxation in civil services exam after regular service of 3 or more years for general candidates?
  6. Upper age limit for Central Government SC employees in Military Engineering Service?
  7. Age relaxation for government employees to apply for scientist position in DST?
  8. What is the upper age limit for central government employees?
  9. What is the maximum age limit for Central Government Employees for applying for Meghalaya Public Service Commission? -- [New]
  10. Is there any age relaxation for government employees in IAS examination?
  11. Age criteria for Government jobs after MBA with 59% marks?
  12. Age relaxation to apply in state government job for central government employee?
  13. Date of sale of HAS exam form? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Are BSNL employees eligible for age relaxation in UPSC Engineering Services examination?
  15. Is there any age relaxation for central government female employee?
  16. What is the age limit for IAS exam for central government employees?
  17. What is the minimum qualification and upper age limit for Delhi government and central government jobs?
  18. Upper age limit for MPSC examination for Central Government employees?
13th December 2015, 06:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there age relaxation for Central Government Employees in UPSC?

First thing I want to make you clear that UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it is a commission not an examination that conducts various examinations for the recruitment of employees for different central government jobs. Also the term UPSC examination is popularly used for Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC once every year for the recruitment in administrative field such as IAS, IPS, etc..

--> For appearing in the same examination you must have the qualifications mentioned here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Also there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline of your interest from a recognized university.

Being Central Government employee, you are also applicable for age relaxation for appearing in the same examination upto 5 years if you belong to general category,8 years if you belong to OBC category and 10 years if you belong to SC/ST category.

For further queries regarding the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
13th December 2015, 09:59 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, there is no upper age relaxation for Central government employee other than defence jobs personel.

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and it is a body which conducts Civil Services examination for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years as on 01 August of year of appearing for examination but relaxation in age for OBC, SC/ST, physically handicapped and defence personel.

To get other details regarding examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
13th December 2015, 11:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is an age relaxation of 5 years for Central Government employees to appear in UPSC examination. For candidates belonging to SC/ST Category, there is an age relaxation of 10 years and for OBC candidates, the age relaxation is 8 years as per Government rules.Since, you are a Central Government employee, thd age relaxation is applicable for you to appear in UPSC examination as per Government rules.
21st April 2016, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

I am a central govt employee. I want to know is there age relaxation for us in UPSC?
1st October 2016, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I am OBC candidate and central governments employee. What is the maximum age limit for me for appearance in the IAS exams (UPSC). Is it 43years?
6th October 2016, 06:50 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

To become IAS a candidate must be graduate from a valid university & age must be between 21 years to 32 years. In case of reversed category government of India has provided age relaxation. OBC category candidate get age relaxation up to 3 years. Means at the age of 35 years. So you are not eligible for the same but can apply for other jobs on deputation but most fulfil the requirements.
2nd January 2017, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

To become IAS a candidate must be graduate from a valid university & age must be between 21 years to 32 years. In case of reversed category government of India has provided age relaxation. OBC category candidate get age relaxation up to 3 years. Means at the age of 35 years. So you are not eligible for the same but can apply for other jobs on deputation but most fulfil the requirements.
6th February 2017, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a central government employee. I'm already 32( general category ). Can I get any age relaxation under central government employee category to apply for the upsc ias examinations.
8th February 2017, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Now I am presently in CRPF Inspector post as 4600 grade pay. I want apply SSC CGL 4600 Grade pay. May I Apply NOC for age relaxation?
28th February 2017, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

I am presently working in CRPF AND WANT TO APPLY FOR IAS EXAMINATION THE YEAR 2017. MAY I APPLY NOC FOR AGE RELAXATION. HOW WILL APPLY THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL OR ONLY ONLINE
9th July 2017, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am working as teacher in Delhi govt. I belong to SC category and I have completed the age of 37 years. Can I apply for civil service examination., UPSC.
8th October 2017, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am working in central govt in RPF. I belong to obc category and I have completed my age 37 years. Can I apply for civil service exam. Please help me

Thanks
1st November 2017, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir, I am a employee in an Autonomous Body funded by Central Govt. is the Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable to me also. If Yes and if it is possible can you attach the notification of age relaxation. please help me it is very thankful to me...
10th November 2017, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Please give the details of the age relaxation of central psu employee for applying IAS exam
27th November 2017, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Pleasae give me the correct/clear information, about age relaxation for central govt employee with 3yrs regular service and UR candidate. for civil services exam.
16th April 2018, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir I am in central police as sub inspector and I completed 26 years can I apply the post of assistant Commandant through upsc.
9th May 2018, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

Is there any special quote for Central government employee in upsc exam.....plz give rpl on this...
12th May 2018, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

I am a central govt employee of 35 years belongs to obc. Can I get age relaxation under central govt category. What is the upper age limit is it43 for IAS.
23rd May 2018, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

I am govt employee in state government. Please tell me If there any age relaxation for UPSC 's IAS examination.

Sukhminder Singh
[email protected]
14th July 2018, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

I am central government employee and my age is 33 years. For central government employee, any age relaxation is their for applying upsc civil service exam. Pl inform through email.

My email id is : [email protected]
25th July 2018, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I am central gov't employee, working in ordinance factory since 7 years. My age 34 years. Am I eligible for upsc exan or ssc exams ??.
Please suggest me, what should I do and what will b beneficial for me.. thank you..
5th August 2018, 12:00 AM
Narendra2121

There is a age relaxation of 5 years if have serving the country on military ground at present and have been serving for more than 5 years or you are not a working military officer but had already worked as a military officer for 5 years or above.
30th August 2018, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, is there age relaxation for Assistant Professor (getting 7th Pay Permanent Post) - apply under ST Category to IAS Exams
30th September 2018, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

I am permanent state goverment employee and i have apply in upsc for the post drug inspector medical devices how many years age relaxation
12th October 2018, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

Sir please tell me whenever submit NOC if I am serving Army person and my age going byond 35 for upsc 2019.can I apply without NOC.
6th November 2018, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

I am working in central psu last 5 years but can I found age relation in UPSC examination,already given 5 years by central govt but central psu elite or not please suggest me
17th November 2018, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i am 32 now. My misses is doing as a constable in central services(3 months seniority upto now for her). Still i have no job. My desire is to prepare for Civils. Hence any chance to get extra age relaxation more than 35 years in case of obc category for me? I am an obc candidate. Could you please guide me. Thank you.
18th August 2019, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm 34 years old and 4th years continue working in indian Railway yet.
can I get age relaxation?
Please sir answer me
20th September 2019, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Is there age relaxation for state government employees in UPSC?
22nd February 2020, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

I am a central government employee belong to general category age 40 can I apply for upsc exam 2020
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?