21st March 2011, 11:13 AM
PAWAN SHEEL

Is there any quota for CBSE students in Gujarat Engineering Colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th and 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engineering College?

Quota for CBSE students in Gujarat engineering colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th & 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engg College?

Related Questions:
  1. Quota for CBSE students in Gujarat Engineering Colleges? Is it advisable to study in CBSE board 11th and 12th if a students wants to study in Gujarat Engineering College?
  2. Is there any quota for CBSE students in Gujarat Engineering Colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th and 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engineering College?
  3. Reservation quota for CBSE students in Gujarat government engineering college?
  4. Percentage quota of CBSE appeared student from Gujarat in state engineering colleges through GUJCET?
  5. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the quota of admission in engineering colleges in Gujarat?
  7. How may I get procedure regarding change of board from CBSE to Gujarat board?
  8. What percentage of seat is reserved for students who appeared 12th from GUJARAT from CBSE school and also appeared in CGJCET? Is there any quota for wards of EX SM in engineering colleges through GUJCET?
  9. Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board from CBSE Board in Higher Secondary to get admission in B.Tech course? Number of seats reserved for CBSE students in B.Tech colleges of Gujarat? -- [New]
  10. How can I get the admission in engineering college? Can I be eligible for GUJCET exam entrance test if I am taking admission in CBSE for 11th and 12th in Gujarat?
  11. Which board is better for making career in engineering among CBSE and Gujarat board?
  12. CBSE or Gujarat State Board, which one covers the format of JEE Mains? Whose priority is more at the time of admission at any engineering college in Gujarat?
  13. Is there any quota for outside state students in Gujarat?
  14. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  15. Which board is better between CBSE and Gujarat board for admission in medical college
  16. Reservation for seats for CBSE students in Gujarat for Engineering?
  17. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  18. What is the admission procedure in GUJCET for CBSE students born in Gujarat?
7th May 2011, 08:53 PM
sidbond

Default Re: Is there any quota for CBSE students in Gujarat Engineering Colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th and 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engineering College?

CBSE curriculum guarantees uniformity across all states. So that is an advantage. But, since you stress that the admission will be taken in a Gujarat-situated college, so you don't need necessarily study in the CBSE board.
All state engineering colleges have a 15% quota for the AIEEE appeared students.
There is no quota as such for CBSE and non-CBSE students.
State quota applies to examinees who have completed 12th from that particular state, irrespective of the Board.

Hope this clears your dilemma.
8th May 2011, 11:59 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is there any quota for CBSE students in Gujarat Engineering Colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th and 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engineering College?

There is no particular quota for CBSE students, only the students who belongs to Gujrat are entitled to 50% reservation.
4th May 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of CBSE school and want admission in gujarat's colleges,if i dont qualify in the reservation for cbse,will i be able to get admission through general qouta???
25th May 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

I VARSHIL PATEL GOT 95% IN 10tH BY CBSE BOARD, I WNAT TO JOIN ENGINEERING FIELD, BUT HOW TO JOIN
11th March 2013, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

is there any benifit of changing my board from cbse to state board for getting admission in gujrat medical colleges?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?