14th June 2010, 01:36 PM
nandinishah

Reservation for seats for CBSE students in Gujarat for Engineering?

my son is in 6th standard in cbse school i had a confusion about the board should i change him in gbse .i heard that in engginering seat are very less for cbse students in gujarat. would u guide me about the reservation of seat for cbse students in Gujarat for engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Reservation quota for CBSE students in Gujarat government engineering college?
  2. Which board is better for making career in engineering among CBSE and Gujarat board?
  3. Should I transfer to Gujarat State Board from CBSE Board in Higher Secondary to get admission in B.Tech course? Number of seats reserved for CBSE students in B.Tech colleges of Gujarat?
  4. Should I change my board from CBSE to Gujarat board? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  6. Whether changing the state will not give me advantage of 85% seats reservation in GUJCET 2015?
  7. Which is better between Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board?
  8. Can I get admission in engineering college at Gujarat if studying 12th from CBSE Board?
  9. How many seats are there for CBSE OBC category students in government MBBS college in Gujarat?
  10. How many seats are reserved for CBSE students in MBBS college in Gujarat?
  11. What is the criteria for CBSE students for admission in engineering in Gujarat State?
  12. How many seats are there in MBBS for OBC students of CBSE board in Gujarat
  13. Quota for CBSE students in Gujarat engineering colleges? Is it advisable to study CBSE board in 11th & 12th if student wants to study in Gujarat Engg College?
  14. Number of seats available for ISC students in Engineering colleges of Gujarat through GUJCET? -- [New]
  15. Is it better to change board from CBSE to State board of Gujarat?
  16. How many seats are there for CBSE students in MBBS in Gujarat State? How many seats are filled this year?
  17. Number of seats reserved for CBSE candidate in B.Tech colleges of Gujarat?
  18. Number of seats available in government and private colleges of GUJCET for 12th CBSE student?
27th June 2011, 03:19 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Reservation for seats for CBSE students in Gujarat for Engineering?

The Engineering Admission 50% seats for students from all over India including Gujarat state.

The candidate whoi passed in the !0th and 12th examination with minimum of 50% marks and appeared in AIEEE are qualify under gujarat state student catagory.

Resrvation:

Scheduled Caste(SC): 7%

Schedulled Tribes (ST): 15%

Physically handicapped(PH): 3%
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GUJARAT.PDF(37.0 KB, 437 views)
27th June 2011, 03:28 PM
kritika@Hans

Default Re: Reservation for seats for CBSE students in Gujarat for Engineering?

hello
sir you have heard right that their are few reserved seats for different categories...
every state engineering exam has 85% seats reserved for that state's students and 15% for outside state students...
if you have decided for your son to do engineering from gujarat so it would be better if he does his class 12 from gujarat board....
all the best
27th June 2011, 03:29 PM
kritika@Hans

Thumbs up Re: Reservation for seats for CBSE students in Gujarat for Engineering?

hello
sir you have heard right that there are few reserved seats for different categories...
every state engineering exam has 85% seats reserved for that state's students and 15% for outside state students...
if you have decided for your son to do engineering from gujarat so it would be better if he does his class 12 from gujarat board....
all the best
28th June 2011, 04:13 PM
shubham957

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandinishah View Post
my son is in 6th standard in cbse school i had a confusion about the board should i change him in gbse .i heard that in engginering seat are very less for cbse students in gujarat. would u guide me about the reservation of seat for cbse students in Gujarat for engineering
there is no special reservation for students of cbse or any other board in engineering.
reservation is there but only based upon caste. this means there is reservation for sc/st students, obs students and physically handicapped students. but there is no reservation of seats for cbse students.
so you must without thinking more, put your child in that board in which you want him to study.
29th June 2011, 04:41 PM
naving

20% seats are available for cbse students
11th May 2012, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is studying in 8th std in cbsc .I want to become her engineer.Can I continue her in cbsc or change it in Gujarat board?She is average student.Please guide me.
30th March 2013, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

how many seats are resevered for cbsc students in medical in gujarat?
31st May 2014, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

I have passed out CBSE 12th in 2014 from gujrat state,I belong to schedule caste(pasi) and my father's native place is in utter pradesh. I want admission in engineering college of gujrat due to my father is an employee of railway and he is working in ahmedabad. Can I get reservation benifit during admission in engineering college of gujrat state ?
21st April 2015, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

how many seats are resevered for cbsc students in enginee guringjarat?
2nd June 2015, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

MY DAUGHTER IS DOING 12 FROM CBSE THIS YEAR 2015-2016.SHE IS A VERY GOOD STUDENT AND WANT TO DO ENGINEERING.I AM A DEFENCE PERSON AND BELONGS TO UP. BUT I DO NOT HAVE HOUSE ANY WHERE IN INDIA. I HAVE A PLOT IN UP HOW I WILL GET MY DAUGHTER ADMISSION
19th June 2015, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

We are relocated from Maharashtra to Gujarat as I changed the job 5 years before and now my son is in 9th std and in ICSE Board. We want to continue him with ICSE Board till 12th. Would it be a problem in getting admisdion in Gujarat Engg.colleges.
Although he will start preparing for AIEEE and JEE
30th March 2016, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in CBSE board since grade 1 and I recently gave my 10th boards. I'm confused whether I should change my board to GBSE or continue with CBSE itself as I've heard there are a lot more seats reserved for GBSE students in the Gujarat Universities than for CBSE students. Kindly help and give suggestions.
20th April 2021, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in CBSE board since grade 1 and I recently gave my 10th boards. I'm confused whether I should change my board to GBSE or continue with CBSE itself as I've heard there are a lot more seats reserved for GBSE students in the Gujarat Universities than for CBSE students. Kindly help and give suggestions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?