20th January 2018, 06:31 PM
Sharun.S

Is there any relaxation for handicapped candidates to appear for National Defence Academy exam?

I am Sharun from Kerala and I'm handicapped. It is possible to write National Defence Academy exam for handicapped person? Is there relaxation for handicapped candidates?

21st January 2018, 08:52 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation for handicapped candidates to appear for National Defence Academy exam?

There is no relaxation for Physically Handicapped candidates in case of NDA exam.

Physically handicapped candidates are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for selection of candidates into different wings of Defence.
21st January 2018, 09:40 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any relaxation for handicapped candidates to appear for National Defence Academy exam?

National Defense Academy is a defense academy that provides necessary training and education to those who manage to qualify NDA entrance examination with a dream of becoming a commissioned officer in Indian defense services.

As far as you are concerned about the relaxation available for physically handicapped candidates for appearing in NDA entrance examination then I would like to let you know that there is no provision of any type of relaxation for any category candidates rather physically handicapped candidates are not eligible for joining defense services as for joining defense services physical fitness is required for must.

For FAQs related to NDA entrance examination eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
21st January 2018, 12:20 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to join National Defence Academy.

The mandatory and compulsory criteria to appear for NDA is that:-

Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

So, you are not eligible for recruitment in defense service. So, if you are interested in serving for nation try to get recruitment in other services.
21st January 2018, 03:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in NDA exam, candidate must be physically fit.

If the candidate is not physically fit, then he is not eligible for NDA exam.

Relaxation is for minorities, ex-servicemen sons only.

And, only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA exam.
21st January 2018, 05:18 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, physically handicapped candidates are not eligible for National Defence Academy entrance examination. So, the case of any relaxation does not arise.
21st January 2018, 08:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing would like to let you know that being a physically handicapped candidate you are not eligible for joining NDA ( National Defense Academy ) examination or any defense services jobs as for these physical requirements are of high standards and hence there is no question of any type of relaxation.

For more details regarding NDA entrance examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd August 2019, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

I had a case of electric shock on my left hand am I legible to apply for nda exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?