15th April 2017, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Is a girl of age 17 years eligible to apply for NDA exam?

Respected Sir/Mam, I want to know if a girl is eligible to take NDA exam? My height is of 157 cm and I am soon going to be 17 years old and want to join the defense forces. I want to know the answer with regard to my question as fast as possible. Thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for NDA exam at the age of 18 years?
  2. What is the age criteria required to apply for NDA exam? Can I apply for it at the age of 20 years?
  3. Whether an 18 years old candidate can apply for NDA 2017?
  4. Can a class 10th Girl appear for NDA exam? What posts are available for a Girl in NDA and what is he age criteria required?
  5. How can I apply to join NDA if secured 90% in 11th being a 17 years old student?
  6. Am I eligible for NDA exam if my date of birth is 16/ 01/ 2001? How many times can I appear in this exam?
  7. Can a girl apply for NDA? What is the age limit for a girl? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to appear for NDA-1 exam at the age of 24 years? How can I apply for the exam?
  9. Can I appear in NDA 2015 after turning 19 years old?
  10. Am I eligible for NDA-1 exam 2017 as per my age?
  11. Can a Girl apply for NDA entrance exam? What is the age criteria required for Girls?
  12. What is the minimum age required to apply for NDA exam?
  13. Procedure to apply and qualification required to join Indian Army for 12th passed girl candidate?
  14. Eligibility to join NDA for a 17 years old candidate with 82% in 10th WBBSE?
  15. Can I enter into NDA if lost my virginity?
  16. How can I appear in NDA entrance exam being a 16 years old 12th female student? Detailed information about entrance exam, interview and physical fitness required for NDA?
  17. Can I apply for NDA in April 2017 as it will be my running 19 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can a Female student apply for NDA exam after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA?
15th April 2017, 08:17 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a girl of age 17 years eligible to apply for NDA exam?

Sorry, to say that girls are not eligible to apply for NDA examination as per UPSC guidelines. Eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognized board.

=> You should be within the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

=> You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

=> You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.
15th April 2017, 08:40 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

UPSC which conducts National Defence Academy entrance examination has clearly
mentioned that only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA examination.

So, being a girl of 17 years, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination. Female candidates interested to join Defence can apply for following exam:

>>Air Force Common Admission Test.

>>Combined Defence Services.

>>University Entry Scheme.

>>SSC Tech Women.
15th April 2017, 09:39 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in defence service through NDA entrance examination.

Girls candidates are eligible to appear for CDS examination but after bachelor degree to join defence service. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2017, 10:21 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NDA entrance examination being a girl candidate then for your information you are not eligible for appearing in NDA entrance examination as for the same only unmarried Indian male applicants are eligible.

For more details about NDA entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2017, 10:28 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

=> As per my knowledge, No female candidates are not eligible to participate in National Defence Academy examination.

=> Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for National Defence Academy examination.
15th April 2017, 10:59 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

According to guidelines of UPSC,

Girls or Female candidates are not eligible for NDA Exam.

However, if you wish to be part of Defense sector of Army.

Then, you can apply for CDS Exam.

In CDS Exam, you need to apply for OTA i.e. Officers' Training Academy.

CDS Exam can be applied after graduation or during final year of graduation.
15th April 2017, 11:02 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

I am very sorry to say that you can't apply for NDA exam being a girl. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam. But if you want to join defense services then you can do it through CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC after completion of your graduation. Thanks
15th April 2017, 11:02 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate of 17 years old you are not eligible for appearing in NDA ( National Defense Academy ) examination as for the same examination only unmarried Indian male candidates are eligible.

But you can join defense services at similar post i.e; as a commissioned officer through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) for which you need to complete your graduation degree in any discipline and qualify CDS entrance examination. Also your age need to lie within 19 years to 25 years ( here maximum age limit varies with different wings of defense services ).

For more details about NDA and CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2017, 11:15 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

As, per UPSC to appear for NDA entrance examination conducted for recruitment in defence service the most important eligibility is that only male candidate is eligible to appear examination.

So, being a girl candidate you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. To join defence service as on officer you have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th April 2017, 01:00 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination.
Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to appear in this entrance exam after passing 12th standard with non medical stream.

You have to complete your graduation degree from a recognised University and then you are eligible to apply for CDS exam.
CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC, twice in a year and girls are eligible for officer training academy.
To apply for OTA, you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

There is no appraisal taxation is applicable for any candidates in CDS examination or any defence examination.
15th April 2017, 01:31 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.
NDA exams conducted by UPSC twice every year.
You will be eligible only after completing graduation. You must have attained age of 19 - 25 years.
After graduation you will be eligible to apply for CDS.
CDS stands for Combined Defense Services.
You will be eligible for Officer Grade Jobs.
15th April 2017, 03:04 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The full form of NDA is National Defence Academy.

Requirements for this examination:

~~Academic Qualification: Higher Secondary passed or appear for board examination is minimum requirement for this exam.

~~Age limit for this exam: 16.5-19.5 years.

~~Girls are not eligible for NDA entrance examination.
26th April 2017, 06:13 PM
kohli183

You are not eligible for apply NDA examination , only male candidates are eligible for apply

NDA Exam Conducted by UPSC twice in year (NDA I & NDA II)

NDA Stands National Defence Academy

UPSC Stands Union Public Service Commission

Candidates must be complete 10+2 from a recognised university

candidates age limit between 16.5 to 19.5 years

Selection process based on written test , personal interview & physical stands
27th September 2018, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

I am a boy and my height is 170 cm my boy is fit my age is 17 years I am studying inter 2nd year can I apply to nda exam? Plz reply soon
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?