19th December 2010, 12:11 PM
k.Ramya sravanthi

Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?

i m a student pursuing my chemical engineering(b.tech) in vellore institute of technology is there a scope for me in india?should i go out of india to get a decent pay?all are like you are from chemical you have no scope in india it really worries me.

Related Questions:
  1. Career Scope and Job Opportunities in India and Abroad for Chemical Engineering course?
  2. Best Chemical Engineering colleges in Tamilnadu? Salary of Chemical Engineering in Abroad and the fee structure of it in India?
  3. Scope of B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) in India and Abroad?
  4. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering in India? Monthly salary after Chemical Engineering? Best company for chemical engineering? Future of Computer and Electronics Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which are the PSU companies who recruit Chemical Engineering Students and pay more than 5 Lakh per annum? Scope of Chemical Engineering in India for a B.Tech Chemical Engineering Student?
  6. Is there any scope in Chemical Engineering? What is the monthly income? Future of computer and electronics engineering?
  7. After gaining experience in US what is the probability that we can get a decent job in India?
  8. What is the future scope of chemical engineering in India?
  9. Any scope of chemical engineering in India? What is the salary of fresh chemical engineer?
  10. What is the scope of chemical engineers in India? What is the minimum pay scale offered too them?
  11. which has more scope, MSc or MBA in India and Abroad?
  12. Is it beneficial to study PhD(Chemical Engineering) after completion of MS in Abroad? -- [New]
  13. What is the scope of Chemical Engineering course in India?
  14. What is the minimum pay scale of chemical engineering in India? I have got a seat for chemical engineering
  15. Is it beneficial for a girl to opt Chemical Engineering course? Why most people avoid it? Jobs opportunities in India and Abroad?
  16. Syllabus and scope of Biotech field? Opportunities for going abroad and how much will be the pay scale?
  17. What is the scope of Aerospace Engineering in India and abroad? What is the salary in India and Abroad?
  18. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
24th May 2011, 02:09 PM
Neenubaby
Member+

Default Re: Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?

Hi Ramya,

Yes,there is lot of scope in this stream.
In India now there is thrust to improve living style of the population and chemical engineering has a vital role to play through big industries,where the requirement of chemical engineers bound to increase.
Chemical Engineers are in demand at mineral-based industries, petrochemical plants, synthetic fiber units, petroleum refining plants, chemical industries, refineries, pharmaceutical companies, paints manufacturers, fertilizer industry, textiles sector, plastics, and explosives.
Scope of Chemical Engineering in India is growing as research organizations, laboratories, defence establishments, atomic power plants, and forensic investigation departments also need chemical engineering experts. Biochemical Engineering, covered above, is often seen as one of the most popular sub-branches of Chemical Engineering but other sub-arenas that attract engineering students with alluring career prospects are Nanotechnology and Environmental Engineering.
Nowadays most girls, who choose Chemical Engineering as their core discipline, generally drift to Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, and Environmental Engineering during their specialization phase.
Among the conventional Chemical Engineering streams, there are Ceramics, Chemical Processes, Electrochemical Processes, Molecular Chemistry based fields, Fertilizers & Pesticides, and Plastics & Polymers that are still in vogue.
Teaching can also be a good option.

Chemical engineering jobs are now the top moneymakers of the land.
Fresher's can get a starting salary of Rs. 10000 to Rs. 12000 per month. In the government sector, the salary range of diploma holders is Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 9,000 per month. Lecturers in colleges get a starting salary of Rs 12,000-Rs 13,000 a month. With more experience or as an established independent consultant one could earn more. Senior engineers can earn anywhere in between Rs 30,000 and Rs 50,000 a month. Those at management levels can earn up to Rs 60,000 or even more.

Salary scale for chemical engineer is very high in abroad.The average salary of the chemical engineer ranges anywhere from $87,000 to $1,22,345 and in some companies, it is between $63,000 to $88,000. For the research and development field it ranges from $63,000 to $98,000.
31st May 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?

which engineerin field has large scope in india and abroad?
1st June 2011, 10:46 AM
sri_green09

It is a developing sector in INDIA but the salary is low when compared to abroad.
The demand for chemical Engineering in India is more.It is easy to get a job in india at mineral-based industries, petrochemical plants, petroleum refining plants etc.
1st June 2011, 07:32 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

My dear friend you have lot of scope chemical engineering in india.because if you want do ce in aborad it will take 6 months time for getting visa.so it is time vast.so you need to concentrate on entrance test in india foe chemical engineering .you will get good seat in repuatation college/university.
7th June 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.Ramya sravanthi View Post
i m a student pursuing my chemical engineering(b.tech) in vellore institute of technology is there a scope for me in india?should i go out of india to get a decent pay?all are like you are from chemical you have no scope in india it really worries me.
dont worry u will get nice salary
11th June 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

what is d future of computer engineering and civil engineering????
13th June 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Is there any campus selections for chemical engineering after B.tech?
19th June 2011, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

No of seats in chemical engg. In india
29th June 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

Re: Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?
29th June 2011, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE FUTURE OF RUBBER AND PLASTIC TECHNOLOGY? AND ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT?
16th July 2011, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

I have joined B.Tech chemical engineering this year can i know do we have scope in india and for higher courses wat can we select and read sir
10th August 2011, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I had got seat for chemical engg should i continue it or change stream. What is minimum pay scale chemical engg would i get better placement as i am in first year of chemical engg
24th October 2011, 10:54 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.Ramya sravanthi View Post
hiii friend.....here i can help you....dont be in a wrong belief that chemical engineering has no scope in india.............

in india there is a lot of scope for chemical engineering..............if you do chemical engineering in IIT'S OR NIT'S you can get salary upto 10 lakhs......................
25th October 2011, 03:33 AM
dsarkar443

Post Re: Is there a scope for Chemical Engineering in India? Should I go abroad for a decent pay?

yes..there is a huge scope for chemical engineering in India...for better carrier,i will suggest u 2 do m-tech from any good college..
27th October 2011, 08:35 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Dear sir,
2. fertilizer technology
3. processing of food and agricultural products,
4. paints and dyes
5. recycling metals
6.glass and plastics;
7.cosmetics,
8.mineral based industries
9.prevention and control of environmental hazards.

Thanks,
26th January 2012, 03:39 PM
drurv

Chemical engineering jobs are now the top moneymakers of the land.
Fresher's can get a starting salary of Rs. 10000 to Rs. 12000 per month. In the government sector, the salary range of diploma holders is Rs. 5,000 to Rs. 9,000 per month. Lecturers in colleges get a starting salary of Rs 12,000-Rs 13,000 a month. With more experience or as an established independent consultant one could earn more. Senior engineers can earn anywhere in between Rs 30,000 and Rs 50,000 a month. Those at management levels can earn up to Rs 60,000 or even more.

Salary scale for chemical engineer is very high in abroad.
17th June 2012, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

i am seek to take admisn in chemical from nit .i got 32 thousand rank. how much i could get from india and from abroad. Give me an average salary report.
9th June 2013, 02:37 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Salary doesnt say any thing. and you should not think about salary atleast at the begining of the career.
Different company provide different package and it changes with year and promotion as well.
Make sure you do it from good college and also are in top rankers to get good jobs

Scope of chemical engineering is huge both in India and abroad.
Sectors like oil and gas, refineries, plants, fertilizers, cement, paint and pigments, pharmaceuticals, polymers etc are evergreen and have a long future.

All the best
18th June 2013, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

which college in india is best for ploymer engineering plz tell and what is the fee struture plz call me on 8115386710
17th July 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

any scope in India as well as is there is good salary for chemical engineer?
25th July 2013, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

sir,i m rahul.i study in b.tech on chemical engineering(in calcutta institute of technology) .i want to that is there a scope for chemical engineering in india?????? i take chemical engineering instead chemistry hns... so plz reply this question....plz plz
21st May 2014, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

My question is if we take chemical enginnerin n want to go abroad.on wat basis do
Those companies select employees??
And is it very necessary to go into colleges like iit to get a good pay??
And is this branch good for girls???
20th June 2015, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

HI i am currently living in australia, i was just wondering if i go back to india, will there be enough demands for a chemical engineer cuz there is a lot of demand for chemical engineers in Australia.
And would it matter that i am a girl?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?