17th June 2011, 07:49 PM
kamleshnagar

Tips on preparing myself for the interview?

i got interview call letter for DFO (tech.) and right now i m preparing this . please give some interview tips related to this post. thanks

13th September 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Tips on preparing myself for the interview?

how can i prepare myself for interview?
13th September 2011, 08:48 PM
pushpak0890

practice for atleast a couple of times with ur friend for boosting ur confidence.
prepare questions like "tell me about yourself ?","long term goal?" etc.
13th September 2011, 08:50 PM
pushpak0890

Cool Re: Tips on preparing myself for the interview?

practice for atleast a couple of times with ur friend for boosting ur confidence.
prepare questions like "tell me about yourself ?","long term goal?" etc.
12th November 2011, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

what to say and how to speak when they ask on personal information.
13th November 2011, 01:26 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,

here I'm giving you some suggestions and i think you should follow it.It will help you to improve your communication skill and representation in front of your HR interviewer.I'm not saying that if you follow this you will get the job.It totally depends on your luck and what questions you will face.

1.Do not panic.They don't kill you.

2.Do not hesitate.

3.Do not lie.They will proof that you are lying.

4.Explain each question with an example.

5.Keep your eye in contact with them.

6.say i don't know what you don't know.

7.Wear proper clothes and dress and stay clean.

14th November 2011, 02:51 AM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Job interview is mainly a test of your confidence,personality,communication skill,attitude,knowledge in the subject and GK.An interviewer throughly check these things in the applicant.

So, the main keys to crack the interview are :-

1) Increase your capability of talking fluently in English because it is very necessary for a professional to speak fluent in English.

2)Try to collect the interview questions that are frequently ask by the Interviewer. And prepare your answer for it.

3) Try to increase your general knowledge by reading newspaper,magazines.

4) Keep a very cool attitude in time of interview.

5) Gather knowledge about the companies you will go for the interview.

Keep all these things in mind. I think you can then easily crack any interview easily.

best of luck
31st January 2012, 11:41 PM
Rapchik007

here I'm giving you some suggestions and i think you should follow it.It will help you to improve your communication skill and representation in front of your HR interviewer.I'm not saying that if you follow this you will get the job.It totally depends on your luck and what questions you will face.

2.Do not hesitate.

7.Wear proper clothes and dress and stay clean.
31st January 2012, 11:50 PM
Rapchik007

2.Do not hesitate.

7.Wear proper clothes and dress and stay clean
12th February 2012, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Tips on preparing myself for the interview?

if u need any sugestion then u can start like this about my self

"
hi my name is ramesh babu
i am 21 years old
i have completed my graduation from C.S.J.M kanpur university in 2011 from science stream
and i am fresher (if u r fresher othervise ) about my experience i have more than 2.5 years of experience woth the BPO sector , i started my carrier with serco BPO , i worked there as a custmer care executive , it was an inbond domestic process , in that we need to solve the quaries of the (to be continued)
23rd February 2012, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

my academic record is bad than how to face question its related my acadmic record
5th July 2012, 02:48 AM
archanagalenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
my academic record is bad than how to face question its related my acadmic record

friend,

i provide almost all the information.if you know &follow all these things surely you will get good job whatever you desire.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
How to Prepare Yourself for a Job Interview
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Congratulations! You have made it to the interview stage.
Your resume was impressive, your research and networking activities have paid off, and you have landed an interview with your company of choice.
Now it's time to get prepared for your interview.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]We have made a guide to help you successfully through the interview process. There are four different interview topics made available to you, including:
Understanding the function of an interview.
Preparing for an interview.
Performing well during an interview.
Following-up after an interview.
Feel free to read through these guidelines and pick up some useful tips that will help you through the interview process.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What is an interview?
-----------------------------------
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]The interview is a two way street with both you and the interviewer taking an active role.
It is also an exciting opportunity to take a positive step on your career path. Previous experience or education is not enough to convince an employer that you are the right person.
The outcome of a job interview is entirely dependent on how well you sell yourself.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What's the purpose of an interview?
----------------------------------------------------------
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Remember, everything has a reason in life, including an interview. An interview is the employer's way of selecting the right applicant from a group of equally-qualified candidates. An interview is an elimination process, whereby the winner receives a job offer.
There are four main objectives of an interview.
The employer wants to know if you're a good fit for his/her company. The interviewer is interested in three things:
Can you do the job?
Will you do the job?
Will you fit in?
You want to sell yourself as the ideal candidate and you want to know if the company is suitable for you and your career goals.
An interview is your opportunity to tie your skills and experience directly and enthusiastically.
What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
How are you suitable for this job?
How long do you plan to stay with the company?
What is your ideal position?
Why do you want to change jobs?
An interview is also your opportunity to assess the company:
Is this the kind of place where you want to work?
Can you contribute?
Will you acquire new skills?
Is there a possibility to advance?
Will this position open doors for you?
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What to do Before an Interview
--------------------------------------------------
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]How do I prepare myself for an interview?
Here are some things to do the day before an interview. Remember, first impressions usually last!
Collect information about the company.
Prepare what you plan to bring with you to the interview (including a list of references).
Prepare what you're going to wear.
Prepare for the interview questions, including topics about your:
work experience
academic history
skills and abilities
knowledge of the organization
career goals and objectives
accomplishments and achievements
personal and motivational factors
money and salary[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Prepare your interview responses.
Rehearse your responses in front of a mirror, or role play with another person.
Practice your introduction.
Make sure you have the company's present address and the correct directions.
Make your transportation arrangements ahead of time.
BE PUNCTUAL! Get up early, giving yourself plenty time to get ready and arrive before the actual interview begins.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What to do During the Interview
---------------------------------------------------
Make Your Entrance

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Before you say your first word, the interviewer will make a judgment about you. There are a few key things that they will be looking for, including: a genuine smile, a firm handshake, a confident demeanor, good eye contact, and a friendly, enthusiastic introduction. They'll notice instantly whether your hair is clean and neat, whether or not your attire is appropriate, whether or not your breath is fresh, and if your hands and fingernails are clean.
Knock before you open the door.
Carry your briefcase or portfolio in your left hand.
Stick out your hand confidently.
Smile.
Relax and breathe deeply.
Be natural.
Speak slowly and clearly.
Remember: Don't get too comfortable!
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Getting Started
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]One good way to kick off an interview is:
To give a brief summary of your understanding of the position.
Ask for any additions or clarifications.
Ask the interviewer to share the points in your resume or letter that triggered their interest. Then you will know their priorities, making it easier for you to target your responses precisely to the position.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Attitude Counts
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]This is the time to show off your interpersonal skills. Employers are looking for key character traits and you need to demonstrate them at the interview. Keep the following things in mind:
Listening Skills: good listening skills and a pleasant demeanor are key attributes in any job.
Make sure you let the interviewer complete his sentence, don't interrupt.
Show interest in what he/she says. Encourage him/her to talk and ask questions.
Speak and sit with confidence. The quality of your interview presentation are the keys to its success
Silence. (Do you get rattled easily?)
Enthusiasm:you need to demonstrate to the employer that:
You are extremely interested in the position.
Enthusiasm is contagious and employers are always keen to add members to their team. Your positive attitude will also rub off on the others as long as it is genuine and not overplayed and he will leave the interview with favorable '' feel '' about you.
Eye Contact:
Maintain eye contact with the interviewer. Looking away continuously suggests distractibility and disinterest.
Looking down makes you appear insecure and shy.
By all means, keep it natural. Feel free to to nod your head, smile, and even laugh where appropriate.
Flexibility:
You need to demonstrate to the interviewer that you are willing and able to adapt readily to new environments, demands, personas styles, . . . etc.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Professionalism:
Above all, BE PROFESSIONAL! Respect the interviewer. Remember the interview boundaries at all times, don't behave in an either overly-casual fashion or overly-aggressive manner with the interviewer.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]What to do after the Interview is over
------------------------------------------------------------
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Congratulations! You made it through the interview!
What's the next step?
Send the company a "Thank You" note regardless of the outcome of the interview.
Wait for the company to respond to you. Nagging them with phone calls and visits is annoying and completely unprofessional.
Follow up and phone the company a week or ten days later inquiring about the status of the job vacancy.
If you get rejected for the job, consider it a valuable learning experience.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Interview Do's and Don'ts
----------------------------------------
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]There are some basic tips and strategies to be aware of while being interviewed. The basic rules of thumb are:
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Do
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Have a positive tone.
Be prepared to face difficult questions.
Collect information about the company before the interview.
Focus on what you have to offer to a prospective employer, not what you want.
Think about what you can do for the employer.
Learn about your rights as an interviewee.
Follow up with a note and/or phone call.
Look directly at the interviewer.
Elaborate briefly on your experience, your skills, and background.
Be sincere.
Sell yourself without bragging.
Be natural, allowing your sense of humor show.
Think before you answer. It is quite acceptable to pause before responding in order to organize your thoughts.
Be a good listener. Ask for clarification if you're not sure about what's being asked.
Be calm and poised.
Be aware of your nervous habits, and try to keep them under control.
Shut the door on your troubles.
Try to avoid discussions about family or financial problems.
Thank the interviewer for having the opportunity to talk you.
Leave as soon as the interview is over
Say good-bye to the receptionist. Being polite may provide you with the extra edge you needed to close the interview.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Don't
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Lie on your resume.
Beg for a job!
Exaggerate or compare yourself to others.
Cross your arms across your chest. This gesture will make you seem defensive.
Place anything on the desk between you and the interviewer, such as briefcase or portfolio. It can be misinterpreted as a barrier.
Give just "yes" and "no" answers. One-liners are conversation stoppers.
Use flattery, an interviewer will recognize flattery and consider you insincere.
Argue with the interviewer.
Criticize your old job or boss.
Speak too loudly or too softly.
Do not comment on politics, religious other controversial topics dear to your heart.
Do not stray from the interview topics unless you have a common interest such as golf and keep your than factual, honest, and professional.
Don't start interviews with your fingers crossed hoping that they "give you the job" nobody is going to "give you the job".
Talk about money in the first interview.
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3] 
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
i hope this helps you
29th November 2012, 10:42 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Hello,
Well first and foremost I would say that be polite all through the interview. One tactics of the interviewers are to see how you tackle pressure and thus they can ask you the most difficult questions possible. My advise would be to answer the ones you know, to the best. Admit the ones you do not know politely. Never behave in a manner that portrays any disrespect towards the interviewers. Speak when they ask you to. Speak only in to the point fashion. Do not blabber to much. Do not brag about yourself much. When they ask anything about you, just answer it in short and informative manner. You can also get other information from the article Job Interview Facing Skills and Tips written by Geetika Jain. Good Luck.
23rd January 2013, 10:58 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

Tips on preparing myself for the interview

1.Wear proper clothes and dress and stay clean

2.say i don't know what you don't know

3.Keep your eye in contact with them

4.Explain each question with an example

5.Do not lie.They will proof that you are lying

6.Do not hesitate

7.Do not panic.They don't kill you

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20th June 2013, 12:52 AM
surya143prakashrao
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamleshnagar View Post
i got interview call letter for DFO (tech.) and right now i m preparing this . please give some interview tips related to this post. thanks
1) prepare in your head some answers to questions they are likeley to ask you
so then you wont have to make it up right on the spot
2) stay calm, relax, there is no point in getting yourself worked up and nervous
the interviewer will be able to see your nervs so try hide them the best you can
3) presentation is key, dress smartly, dont wear too much make-up(espacailly if you are male :P)
4)first impression, walk in head held high, smile, intoduce yourself and handshake
first impressions really do count.

good luck (:
20th June 2013, 06:17 PM
Padmavathi.nallam
Member+

Hello,

The interview is one of the most important elements in the job search process. When an employer invites you to an interview, he/she is indicating an interest in bringing you on board. The interview gives both of you the opportunity to exchange enough information to determine if you are a good "fit" for each other. Think of an interview as a highly focused professional conversation. You should use the limited amount of time you have to learn about an employer's needs and discuss the ways you can meet these needs. In many cases, you will interview at least twice before being hired for a position. Once in a brief screening interview and at least once again in a more serious meeting when you may also speak with many of your potential coworkers.

-->Research:
It is to your advantage to carefully research the job and the organization. There are many ways to do this. You can request printed materials from the employer, such as annual reports and job descriptions. This is an entirely appropriate request, so don't hesitate to make it. Use your library and career center resources. Ask colleagues, friends, and faculty about the organization, and about any personal contacts at the organization they might have. Look at the organization's home page. Knowing about the job will help you prepare a list of your qualifications so that you can show, point by point, why you are the best candidate.

-->Practice, practice, practice:

Prepare a succinct, clear answer to each of the questions in the interview questions section. Practice answering questions with a friend, or in front of a mirror. Ask your friend to give you constructive criticism on your speaking style, mannerisms, and poise. As you practice, avoid colloquialisms, such as "like" and "you know." Make sure you don't script all your answers-you'll sound as though you're reading cue cards! It's important to prepare yourself for talking with complete strangers.

-->Find out the logistics of the interview

The more you know, the more focused your answers will be. Find out when the interview is scheduled, what to expect during it, and how long you will be there. Also find out if you will be talking to just one person, or to several.

-->Be prompt and professional

Always arrive early. If you don't know where the organization is located, call for exact directions in advance. Leave some extra time for any traffic, parking, or unpredictable events. If you are running late, call right away and let someone know. The best time to arrive is approximately 5 - 10 minutes early. Give yourself the time to read your résumé one more time, to catch your breath, and to be ready for the interview. Once you're at the office, treat everyone you encounter with respect. Be pleasant to everyone as soon as you walk in the door.

-->Dress for success

Wear a professional business suit. This point cannot be emphasized enough. First impressions are extremely important in the interview process. Women should avoid wearing too much jewelry or make up. Men should avoid flashy suits or wearing too much cologne. It is also important that you feel comfortable. While a suit is the standard interview attire in a business environment, if you think it is an informal environment, call before and ask. Regardless, you can never be overdressed if you are wearing a tailored suit.

-->Be organized

Carry a portfolio notepad or at the very least a manila file folder labeled with the employer's name. Bring extra résumés and have the names, addresses and phone numbers of references, in case the employer asks. Also, bring a list of questions for the employer. You may refer to your list of questions to be sure you've gathered the information you need to make a decision. Do not be preoccupied with taking notes during the interview.

-->Know yourself

You will make the interview process easier for the employer if you volunteer relevant information about yourself. Think about how you want to present your strengths, experiences, education, work style, skills, and goals. Be prepared to supplement all your answers with examples that support the statements you make. It is also a good idea to review your résumé with a critical eye and identify areas that an employer might see as limitations or want further information. Think about how you can answer difficult questions accurately and positively, while keeping each answer brief.

-->Be honest

An interview gives the employer a chance to get to know you. While you do want to market yourself to the employer, answer each question with an honest response.

-->Be positive

Never say anything negative about past experiences, employers, or courses and professors. Always think of something positive about an experience and talk about that. You should also be enthusiastic. If you are genuinely interested in the job, let the interviewer know that.

-->Show your interest

One of the best ways to show you are interested in a job is to demonstrate that you have researched the organization prior to the interview. You can also show interest by asking questions about the job, the organization, and its services and products. The best way to impress an employer is to ask questions that build upon your interview discussion. This shows you are interested and paying close attention to the interviewer. It is a good idea to prepare a few questions in advance, but an insightful comment based on your conversation can make an even stronger statement. At the end of an interview, it is appropriate for you to ask when you may expect to hear from the employer.

-->Save discussion of salary for later

Find out as much as you can before the interview about the salary levels for the position you are seeking. Do not bring up the issue of salary during the first interview. If the interviewer asks about your salary expectations, give only a general answer, such as that your expectations seem to be within, or close to their range.

-->After-interview notes

After the interview, take time to write down the names and titles (check spelling) of all your interviewers, your impressions, remaining questions, and any information that may influence your decision to accept a position with the organization. If you are interviewing regularly, this will help you keep employers and circumstances clearly differentiated.

-->Always follow up

You should write a thank you note within 48 hours after an interview, even if the interview (or the interviewer) was not productive and/or you are not interested in the position. It is important to say thank you for the time the interviewer spent with you. This letter should be brief.

Thank you.
Good Luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?