31st July 2016, 01:21 AM
Panda tejanshu

Is it true that Odd year ICSE papers are very hard and Even year papers are very Easy? ICSE 2017 will be easy or hard?

Teachers of my school are saying that in odd years icse papers are are very hard like in 2013, 2015. And in even years icse papers are very easy like in 2014, 2016. Is it true or not? Then icse 2017 will be easy or hard?

31st July 2016, 05:47 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it true that Odd year ICSE papers are very hard and Even year papers are very Easy? ICSE 2017 will be easy or hard?

First of all, you need to calm down and forget about all these unnecessary stuff.

An exam is considered to be tough when such topics come which are less likely to come whereas it becomes easy when the topics which are more practiced, comes.

But in no case a question can come which is out of syllabus. If it does, the marks are awarded to all students for such questions.

So, my advice for you is-
1) Just make sure you complete the syllabus. Nothing will come which is not mentioned in the syllabus.

2) Do previous papers. Rather than focusing on the questions, focus on the topics from where those questions have been framed.

3) If your teachers are emphasizing that odd year papers are tough, pick up last 6 years odd years papers and note down the topics which are covered in them.

4) Do the same thing with even year papers. This way you will complete last 10 year papers.

Finally relax and just put your mind on how to study things and how to make most of time rater than on such pity things.
31st July 2016, 08:07 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it true that Odd year ICSE papers are very hard and Even year papers are very Easy? ICSE 2017 will be easy or hard?

It depends on the perspective of a person.

It would be very childish to say that on the part of a candidate who is going to write the examination.

It is not at all like this. If you prepare well, you will get through the exam no matter how the paper is, and if you lack in the preparation, you will suffer in the examination hall.

So, don't go over these superstitions, just prepare well and give the exam a hard time in tackling you.
31st July 2016, 11:57 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

ICSE stands for "Indian Certificate of Secondary Education". It is a private board. It's not the case that Odd years ICSE exams are difficult and even years exams are easy. Every years so many candidates complete their schooling through ICSE. Every year the exam pattern remains same with same difficulty level. It is little bit harder to pursue 12th class from ICSE board than CBSE or state board. It has same value of certificate as that of other boards.
20th September 2016, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

I was distracted from studies and now when I started study , my little base is weak . Also , I don't know the way to study.
7th August 2019, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

Is scoring 90% in icse board exam is very tough ? Or any other solution is there rather than studying whole day and night ?
9th February 2020, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

It is hundred percent true that even years paper are easy as hell
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?