22nd July 2015, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Is it difficult to cope up if transfer from IB Board to ICSE/CBSE Board for 6th student?

Dear Sir,
My son is studying in class 6 in Surat in IB Board and is very happy. But I have to shift to Mumbai and he will need to go to class 7 into ICSE or CBSE Board. I am worried whether he will be able to adjust to the change in Board. Will he be able to cope-up with the burden?

22nd July 2015, 04:35 PM
pointer01

Default Re: Is it difficult to cope up if transfer from IB Board to ICSE/CBSE Board for 6th student?

Hello,
You don't worry your son will not face any buron as the syllabus of the boards is not to much differ. He will have take time in adjusting in the new school . The syllabus of CBSE or ICSE board is not too tough.Also the study pattern of these boards is good.

So,Don't worry he will not face any problem.
23rd July 2015, 07:27 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it difficult to cope up if transfer from IB Board to ICSE/CBSE Board for 6th student?

Yes, there might be some problems initially but he can easily adjust to the new surroundings after few days as all schools help in the proper mix of its students. However, ICSE curriculum will be tougher and will take more time to adjust owing to the fact it has wide syllabus and more pressure. So shift your son to ICSE if he is hard working and good at studies. Otherwise CBSE is an ideal choice.
22nd August 2015, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

My daughter studying in class 4 in in Bengali medium school at Kolkata. But I have to shift in Rajasthan and we have to shift her in CBSE Board. I am very worried whether she will be able to adjust the change of board and also Bengali medium to English medium. Please Suggest.
15th December 2018, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

I want to shift my child from IB to VIII std CBSC
I have the apprehension whether she will be able to cope. Since we are shifting to another city we have do this. Please advise
17th January 2020, 08:37 AM
Unregistered

Can we get admission in class 11 in other scholl of CBSE board after completing 10 th IB diploma coarse
2nd October 2020, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

I want to shift my child from IB to VIII std CBSC
I have the apprehension whether she will be able to cope. Since we are shifting to another city we have do this. Pls advice
21st November 2022, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

My son is going to a CBSE SCHOOL in grade 2. we are planning to switch to a school which has IB till 6th and CBSE post that. will this shift be ok?
as i have heard that IB has a completely different methodology of teaching as they do not encourage writing whereas CBSE focuses lot on writing.
Please suggest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?