5th April 2011, 11:03 PM

Is it true that some medical colleges ask for Maths for admission to MBBS course?

i have heard that some medical colleges also need maths for the admission ,is it true? or we just need physics ,chem,bio????

Related Questions:
  1. What is the date of getting admission forms of MBBS medical college in Gujarat state? What is the fee structure for government medical colleges of Gujarat? Last date for admission form of medical colleges?
  2. Will I get admission in medical colleges for MBBS and BAMS courses? How to get admission?
  3. Is there any NRI quota for MBBS in government medical college?
  4. How much should I score in MH CET to get admission in any government medical colleges of Mumbai?
  5. How to get admission in MBBS after completing BSc Nursing? Details of the medical colleges which are offering MBBS course after BSc Nursing?
  6. How many MBBS seats in government medical colleges in Mumbai? What is the fee structure for MBBS in government medical college? How to get admission for MBBS in government medical college?
  7. Will I get admission in Medical college if got compartmental in Maths?
  8. NRI quota for MBBS in government medical colleges? Yearly charges in government medical colleges for NRI students?
  9. Could I get any scholarships for medical studies after scoring 84.5% in medical science with Maths in 12th CBSE?
  10. Any chance for admission in any one of the medical colleges for medical course after scoring 6000 rank?
  11. Is there any way to get admission in most of the Medical colleges?
  12. List colleges offering MBBS course admission through management quota?
  13. What is the procedure of getting admission in MBBS in Rajasthan medical colleges?
  14. Admission in government MBBS colleges possible with 66% marks in biology? -- [New]
  15. Options after 12th with Medical stream other than MBBS?
  16. Difference between UPCPMT 2015 and UPCMET 2015
  17. Admission in MBBS government medical colleges? Any management seats in government medical colleges and private colleges with minimum fee structure?
  18. Procedure for NRI students to take admission in MBBS Medical Colleges in India? -- [Most Discussed]
4th May 2011, 09:32 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it true that some medical colleges ask for Maths for admission to MBBS course?

No.

Maths is not required. At least I haven't heard of it.

For studing MBBS minimum requirement is Physics, Chemistry and Biology. There are also aggregate requirement based on Entrance Examination through which candidates is opting for any Medical college.

Yeah candidates having MAthematics have the option for both Engineering and Medical. Provided that he/she must have opted for all four subjects as elective ie; Physics, Chemistry, Biology and MAthematics.

If Biology will be additional, then candidate can only opt for Medical, whereas if Mathematics will be additional candidate can only opt for Engineering.

According to Medical Council of India (MCI) there is no such requirement that candidate should also have studied MAthematics in +2 for pursuing MBBS.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
4th May 2011, 09:52 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it true that some medical colleges ask for Maths for admission to MBBS course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i have heard that some medical colleges also need maths for the admission ,is it true? or we just need physics ,chem,bio????
No, this is not true, for MBBS, you need only biology as your main subject in your Intermediate examination. Maths is not compulsory for MBBS.

So, to apply for MBBS Entrance examination you have passed in your 12th class examination or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English securing a minimum of 60% marks.

So, PCB is the minimum requirement for MBBS course. The candidates can opt Maths subject in 12th along with biology, So that they are eligible for both engineering and medical entrance examination.

But for medical examination, Only biology candidates are eligible. So, please dont worry, For MBBS maths is not required Only biology is the eligiblity criteria to apply for MBBS course.
5th May 2011, 06:34 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Is it true that some medical colleges ask for Maths for admission to MBBS course?

Dear friend,

As per Medical Council of India (MCI) the candidate should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10 +2 for pursuing MBBS.

Up to this time I have not listen that Math is required for MBBS.

According to my views this is not correct.

Allotment of colleges for pursuing MBBS depends upon the marks scoring in entrance exam.

All the best...................
17th May 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Can i go for MBBS if i get 45% on aggregate of PCB?
21st May 2011, 01:58 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Not true.

There is no math subject is required for the admission in MBBS course

in any medical college. Who tell that math subject is required for MBBS

admission. For the MBBS admission in any medical college only Biology

subject is required in 12th class as a main subject.

For studying MBBS course the minimum required subject is Physics,

Chemistry and Biology. There are no math subject is required for the

MBBS course. So don't confuse only PCB subject is required for

the MBBS course.

Regards
~Mukul~
25th August 2011, 09:33 PM
codymartin

no it is not true
25th August 2011, 11:07 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
As far as i know maths are not required, which are required is Physics, Chemistry and Biology. In Biology you have to score more than 55%.
25th August 2011, 11:22 PM
rana2011
Banned

No,it is not true.

There is no math subject is required for the admission in MBBS course

For the MBBS admission in any medical college only Biology subject is required in 12th class as a main subject.

For studying MBBS course the required subjects are Physics,Chemistry and Biology. There are no math subject is required for the MBBS course.

So don't tenssion there only PCB subject is required for the MBBS course.

Thanks!!
25th September 2011, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

is i tke pcb and math but score less in math will affect my admission in any way ???
30th September 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum marks i should get in pu to join mbbs
20th November 2013, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 11th std.I want to get admission for MBBS.
But I like mathematics. I want to continue with maths aswell as Biology. Is there Maths Subject in MBBS?
28th December 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

if i hav done agriculture science, biology, chemistry,maths and english but i hav nt done physics wil i get an admission in MBBS course
17th June 2014, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

I am an 11th std ISC student n my subjects r English, chemistry, physics, biology n environmental education!!
Do I opt for maths if I want to do M.B.B.S. course after 12th in India??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?