23rd April 2012, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Which university is the best to apply for VIT and SRM?

I have applied for both vit and srm. But i can't decide which univ is best. So friends pls suggest me which university is best and and with some reasons.

16th May 2012, 01:01 AM
ab7777

Default Re: Which university is the best to apply for VIT and SRM?

VIT university is a better option in my opinion as it is a well established institute and is known for the quality of students which come out of the deemed university.

VIT has excellent faculty, Infrastructure and better job opportunities than SRM university.

Its not that VIT is very good as compared to SRM.. they're considered neck to neck but i have heard from friends who have been in VIT that its excellent in academics and the students are all very much into studies so it ensures a good future.

SRM university somehow isnt a preferred choice for many somehow, it may have something to do with their relatively high fee structure though(1.5 times the fee of VIT).

Overall i think VIT has the upper hand and you should go for it.

Good luck
25th May 2012, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

I THINK SRM IS BETTER THAN VIT , WHAT DO YOU SAY?
17th June 2012, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

hi frndzzzzzz.......which is better vit,srm or amity {noida} is better in terms of placement
19th July 2012, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

Which to prefer SRM or Galgotia? I am from delhi?
20th July 2012, 09:26 AM
abthar

hi

hearty congrats to you for applyed those universities,..

Its your pleasure if you got admission in VIT university because VIT played a vital role to get good name for india and tamilnadu...

the atmosphere and cultural are so good,you can live like what you are and surely you will become a manager in well reputed industry while you passout..

try VIT

ALL THE BEST
11th August 2012, 04:04 PM
nkarthic95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have applied for both vit and srm. But i can't decide which univ is best. So friends pls suggest me which university is best and and with some reasons.
Go for SRM university..

SRM univ is in CIty., So you can Enjoy the City life., Whereas VIT is in a Small Town..
And SRM univ has a good Placement record when Compared to VIT university.
One of the Student from SRM univ has bagged a annual Salary package of 50Lakhs in Microsoft.
12th August 2012, 04:53 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Both VIT And SRM are amongst the top private engineering colleges in India and choosing the best one out of these two is a difficult task.

But as per your ask i would like to tell you that in my opinion VIT university is the best because of its quality educational environment and also it provides an excellent opportunities for each stream top students to take 4 semesters in foreign universities.

So , i will suggest you to go for VIT as it also provides students placements with handsome packages in companies like Google, Microsoft , Facebook.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th January 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Which college have better placement record
7th February 2013, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

both vit and srm which contaiens full of luxery life in the campes
14th February 2013, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

which is a better college for mtech in cs- srm or vit?
9th March 2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

which univ is best both srm & vit which collage can get high salary package and etc skills like job based
20th March 2013, 07:40 PM
together

VIT is good....Students from all over the India are studying there...
28th March 2013, 12:22 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think both Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) and SRM University is the best private college of India. As per your question if you applied for the both college and if you qualify in the both entrance examination then i advise you to join the VIT college for the ahead career because the campus placement is very strong in the VIT University.

SRM University is also good but VIT is the best in the placement. If your rank in the VITEEE entrance examination is not good then you can also take admission in the SRM University. You can choose any branch as per own interest. For more information regarding the college information kindly visit the official website of both University.

After completing the course in these University you can get a good job in a big company. I wish you will get a brightness career ahead. All the Best for your ahead career.
28th March 2013, 12:27 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think both Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) and SRM University is the best private college of India. As per your question if you applied for the both college and if you qualify in the both entrance examination then i advise you to join the VIT college for the ahead career because the campus placement is very strong in the VIT University.

SRM University is also good but VIT is the best in the placement. If your rank in the VITEEE entrance examination is not good then you can also take admission in the SRM University. You can choose any branch as per own interest. For more information regarding the college information kindly visit the official website of both University.

After completing the course in these University you can get a good job in a big company. I wish you will get a brightness career ahead. All the Best for your ahead career.
28th March 2013, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

I want to study B.tech (civil engineering). so, which university is best vit or srm?
2nd May 2013, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

i got 107 in srm mtech entrance,caniget embedded system branch
9th May 2013, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

how is the placement in srm university for mech i have got admisson in srm (kattankulathoor)
18th May 2013, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

What is the quality of srm ncr???
27th May 2013, 02:47 AM
Unregistered

my section rank in srmee 2013 is 298
is it is good or not
which campus should i prefer
srm is a gud option or not
?
31st May 2013, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

i have got 5000 rank in srm and 24000 in vit
and 92%in cbse boards and i'm from delhi plz suggest which is best for me?
15th June 2013, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi Guys,
I have got 06 rank in SRM and 2562 in VIT... got counselling call from both universities. I am looking for M.Tech in biotechnology. Please help which collage to chose and whether I will get admission in M.Tech Biotech with this rank. please advise and help.
3rd July 2013, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Both srm and vit cost the same , i have reserched about it,in term of accessibility srm is better, faculty of srm and vit are equally good but vit is ranked above srm due to good placement and in my view if u want to join vit then join vellore campus not chennai as it is under construction, if u do not get vellore then join srm..its ur second option
10th August 2013, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

which is better option national power training institute,new dwlhi or mait or srm i am getting all of these but i am confused.what should i prefer?
15th August 2013, 07:44 PM
vaibhav joshte

i think srm and vit are both best for education
18th March 2014, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

i want to join either in VIT or In SRM , I want to know which university is the best for core jobs( i mean electronics based jobs)..and also suggest me the best specialization for ece students
3rd May 2014, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

VIT rank 9000 .... will I get vellore campus? SRM rank 23000 ..... which campus I might get ? Also which one will be better as per placements ?
3rd May 2014, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

I got 16,700 rank in srm
Do u guys think that I'll be able to get into the main chennai campus?
3rd May 2014, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
my section rank in srmee 2014 is 179 (Electrical stream)
is it is good or not?
4th May 2014, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i got rank 18995 in vits and 1606 in srm. which one should i prefer for computer science. can i get admission in vit with score of 18995 rank
6th May 2014, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Hi please choose SRM is good university better than VIT. SRM has a high placement and you can avail loan for further studies. VIT just for FUN
7th May 2014, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

I have got 8800 rank in SRM and 70000 rank in VIT. Could I get admission in VIT? Pl suggest a good option as counseling for SRM is on 18th May 2014 and in VIT it is on 24th May.
7th May 2014, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

I have got 8800 rank in SRM and 70000 rank in VIT. Counseling call for SRM is on 18th May 2014 in second batch and in VIT it is on 24th May in seventh batch. What is the best option for me? Pl suggest.
8th May 2014, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

i got 9133 rank in srm and 92360 rank in vit. which college is better for me for my good future?? please plaese help me im very tensed.....
8th May 2014, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

hey friends i got 9133 rank in srm and 92600 rank in vit which college is better for my future and life! please reply i eagrely waiting for ur answer and which stream should i get on both colleges.
9th May 2014, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Igot 34400 in vit and 9475, In srmwill I get a chance to study mechanical engineering in any of this institute
10th May 2014, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Hi i gott 38000 rank in viteee can i get the vellore campus or i didn't give srmee so now also can i apply for srm on any other merit basis like board %
24th May 2014, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

hi i got 12521 rank in srm i appeared for counsiling and choosen eee in main kattankatalur campus.........i got 34401 rank in viteee can i get seat in viteee............. which one is better and can i get mechanical in vit vellore campus .............is eee e good branch?????
8th June 2014, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

srm is way better than vit. vit is popular bcoz of it's marketing strategy. you would probably find it in the top 10 amongst the iits and bits bt has no good environment both culturally as well as socially.
srm has good placement opportunities
highest in srm is 50 lac whearas in vit it is 14 lac.
remember, take ur decision carefully for your next life changing 4 years
i would surely advice for srm university(main campus)
8th June 2014, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

srm is way better than vit. vit is popular bcoz of it's marketing strategy. you would probably find it in the top 10 amongst the iits and bits bt has no good environment both culturally as well as socially.
srm has good placement opportunities
highest in srm is 50 lac whearas in vit it is 14 lac.
remember, take ur decision carefully for your next life changing 4 years
i would surely advice for srm university(main campus)
2nd July 2014, 03:54 AM
Unregistered

I got 4037 rank in viteee and 5796 rank in srmeee. In which college must I take admission?
Pls tell me about it.
Name-Nadeem Khatri
11th July 2014, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

My option....dont even prefer india....... try hard..... even harder and go abroad....we are dying here and paying lakhs of money to earn in 30,000 or 40,000 salary.......write exams and study in us or uk........
5th May 2015, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

hii my srm rank is 8000 and my vit rank is 24000 so can i get mechanical branch in vit or not and which colledge is best in placements???
6th May 2015, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Hie, i have been selected for counselling in both vit and srm but i am not able to decide which one is better. In vit i have applied for pcb group and got 70000 rank and in srm i have applied for pcm and secured 13000 rank. Plz can you suggest me the right choice?
18th May 2015, 09:05 PM
ab7777

Quote:
hii my srm rank is 8000 and my vit rank is 24000 so can i get mechanical branch in vit or not and which colledge is best in placements???
Hi there,

VIT University conducts the admission process by means of councelling. The councelling is divided into two phases.
In phase 1, rank holders 1-20,000 are invited to VIT University for taking admission. Most of the seats are filled up by phase 1 of the admission process but there are many students who cancel their admission due to which a few slots open up, so it is uncertain whether you will get mechanical at 24000 rank or not. Honestly you have a chance in the second round of councelling but it depends on people who cancel their admission. Since your admission here is not guaranteed I think you should have a backup plan in mind so that you are not stuck at the last minute.

Coming to SRM University, 8000 is a good rank and you will be invited on day 1 of councelling, so you can be sure of getting Mechanical in one of the four campuses of SRM. Getting through the main campus will be difficult in my opinion so research on the other 3 branches of SRM and decide which one you would like to opt for incase the main one is not available.

Placements:
Well, nothing seperates these two universities, be it on paper or reality. You will definitely get a chance to get placed in top companies. After that it's upto you and your capabilities to secure the job. You will have equal opportunities in both universities so do not worry about that.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further queries.
22nd May 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

I got EEE in VIT, Vellore and computer Science in SRM kattanakulthur (main branch in Chennai),. Where to move ? I don't know. I am running for Computer Science because there is good chances for placement as well as for salary. Please help me out if u can
22nd May 2015, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

I want your suggestion. I got EEE in VIT vellore and computer Science in SRM chennai, Kattanakulthur ( Main Branch). Where to move ? Because everybody is running back for Computer Science because of good placements and of good salary. Moreover I heard that VIT is better than SRM as far as faculty and placement is concerned. I am highly confused where to move. Please suggest.
10th June 2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for M.Sc. biotechnology in VIT, SRM and KIIT. Which one of these is best? I am really confused. Please guide me.
30th June 2016, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir I Have Just Completed By Diploma In Chemical Engg.So Can I Applicable For Direct 2 Nd Yr If Ys Then PlzzGive Me Fee Structure Fr College N Hostel & Last Yr Placements Record Fr CH Engg.?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?