6th November 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Upper age limit for me for IAS being a Central Government Employee of OBC category?

What is the upper age limit to appear for ias to the central govt civilian OBC emploee?

6th November 2011, 07:12 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Upper age limit for me for IAS being a Central Government Employee of OBC category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the upper age limit to appear for ias to the central govt civilian OBC emploee?
IAS is a top most Indian Civil Service.
It is abbreviated as Indian Administrative Service . To get job in this administrative field one has to clear an exam i.e., Civil Service Exam Like all other exams it has its own code. that means rules and regulations.
By the way this exam is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) UPSC is a constitutional body which is devoted to select the best brains of india in to the responsible positions.

Okay coming to your doubt about Age criteria and relaxation details are below have a look.

To get registered for Civil Service Exam you should have a degree with any discipline from a recognized University.

The age to appear for this exam is 21 years its minimum required age.
For all the students regardless of their caste and category you should have 21 years of age.

upper age limit for General applicants is 30 years .
Before getting 30 you can attempt 4 times as General category student.
but there is age limit relaxation in the upper limit.

For OBC category aspirants like you there is 3 years relaxation.

For Sc/ST category aspirants age is relaxed upto 5 years after their max age limit.

Now for your case the upper age limit is 33 years.

Being a Central govt employee you may not get any benefits regarding age relaxation but as a OBC applicant your upper age limit is relaxed upto 33 years.

if you are below 33 ... then go ahead with the next notification.
all the very best..

Regards
6th November 2011, 07:56 PM
miiky

Default Re: Upper age limit for me for IAS being a Central Government Employee of OBC category?

For all the students regardless of their caste and category you should have 21 years of age.

For Sc/ST category aspirants age is relaxed upto 5 years after their max age limit.

6th November 2011, 08:25 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Upper age limit for me for IAS being a Central Government Employee of OBC category?

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year, this exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates,21 to 33 year for OBC category candidates,21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
Unlimited attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 122 views)
6th November 2011, 10:02 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

DETAILS ABOUT IAS EXAM

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:-

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in
6th November 2011, 10:50 PM
krishna76743

Quote:

The age limit for I.A.S exams is that the aspirants age should lie between 21 to 30 years.However there is a relaxation of 3 years on upper age limit for O.B.C category students.
7th November 2011, 09:07 AM
tejesh_09

IAS- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE conducted by UPSC every year.

General category Graduate degree holder in any discipline within the age group of 21 to 30 years can apply for IAS exam for maximum four times.

Upper age limit is relaxed for OBC for 3 years and for SC/ST category for 5 years.
8th December 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

age limit for assistant commandant cpf exams for central govt defence
employee
17th December 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

age relaxation is given to central government civilian employee in examinations of SSC and also in some of the examinations of UPSC. Then why it is not given in Civil Services examination?
29th December 2011, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

IS VRO/VRA SELECTIONS PURELY MADE ON MERIT BASIS???
29th December 2011, 11:43 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: Upper age limit for me for IAS being a Central Government Employee of OBC category?

Hello Friend,

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

Sayyed Shahrukh
30th December 2011, 12:03 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi
I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 Year
For ST/SC category:- 21-35 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)
30th December 2011, 12:40 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Age eligibility for IAS exam:-

1.For general category age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years.
For OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.
For Ex serviceman the upper age relaxation is 5 years.

As you were central govt. employee then you will have upper age relaxation is 5 years.

All the best.
14th January 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

i am 37 years old sc catogary central govt. employee. can appear for civil services2012 exams ?
15th January 2012, 03:24 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

A.)Educational Qualification:-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

B.)Age Factor:-

1.> For general category :-

21-30 years and can attempt 4 times.

2.>For SC/ST :-

21-35 years ,and there is no limitation .

3.> For the OBC:-

21-33 years and can attempt 7 times.

Paper Pattern for IAS exam :-

1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.

For more latest update on IAS visit : http://www.iasexam2011.in/.

Books For IAS

best of luck
3rd February 2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for IAS FOR SC CANDIDATE BEING STAE GOVT.SERVANT
16th February 2012, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Iam a teacher in govt school in sikkim.I got the job in 2001.If I clear the IAS exam will there be provision for service and pension protection.Also what will be my starting salary as IASprobationer?
28th February 2012, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

is there any age relaxation for obc candidate in creamy layer in IAS 2012 for central govt employee
28th February 2012, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

i am a ssa teacher in Punjab on contact basis. my age is 37 years old .can i appear any class 1 exam?
18th November 2012, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

UPPER AGE LIMIT FOR IAS BEING A CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE OF OBC CATEGORY. PLEASE TELL ME ACORDING OF TODAYS RULE FOR OBC CANDIDATE AGE LIMIT
25th December 2012, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

i am 33 year old ph.d student can i appear ias exam obc categere
25th December 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

iam 34year old ph,d studend can iattamt IAS exam OBC categare
4th February 2013, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

I am 33 years old OBC candidate serving Central govt. since 6 May, 2010. Can I apply for IAS Exam 2013?
4th February 2013, 05:16 PM
p16593

hello sir

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 Year
For ST/SC category:- 21-35 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

i hope its information are useful to you
best of luck
4th February 2013, 06:33 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi
The upper age limit of giving the IAS exam for the candidates belonging to the obc category is 21-33 years of age.
For obc candidates, a relaxation of 3 years is provided as compared to the general category students.
For general category, the age limit is 21-30 years and the number of attempts are 4. Whereas for the obc candidates, the number of attempts are 7.
For sc/st category, the age limit for giving the IAS exam is 21-35 years and there is no restriction in the number of attempts.
For more details, you can go to the website of the upsc
www.upsc.gov.in
gud luck
4th February 2013, 06:52 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello,

Upper age limit for me for IAS being a Central Government Employee of OBC category is :

* For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years

* For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years

*For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

* Graduation degree from recognized college.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

4 attempts for General category candidates.

7 attempts for OBC category candidates.

Unlimited attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

* visit : www.upsc.gov.in : For more details ..

GOOD LUCK
4th February 2013, 08:15 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC.

There is no special benefit for candidate from Central Govt. employee for Civil Service Exam.

The age Criteria for Civil Service Exam:-

General Candidate - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category candidate - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category candidate - 21 to 35 years

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
6th February 2013, 09:24 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

To join IAS being a central government employee, you will have to appear for the civil service examination, which is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria required for IAS examination are prescribed as below:-

* Competion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* No. of attempts- 4 for General, 7 for OBC and no limits for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
12th February 2013, 10:10 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Services. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the IAS Exam every year.

The Civil Services Exam is conducted every year through which you can become an IAS Officer.

The Eligibility Criteria Required For Civil Services Examination are :

* you must have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized college/university.

* If you are in final year of graduation , then also you are eligible for the exam.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years considering you from General Category.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC Category and 5 years for those belonging to SC/ST Category.

* The Number Of Attempts :

a) General Category : 4

b) OBC Category : 7

c) SC/ST Category : There is no limit.

Note : The IAS Exam is one of the toughest examinations which is conducted every year in which more than 10 lakh candidates appear but only 250 candidates are selected.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
13th February 2013, 07:46 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi
The age limit for the exam:-
The age limit is for general category is 21 to 30 years. And attempt the exam 4 times.

The age limit is for obc category is 21 to 33 years (3 years relaxation). Attempt the exam 7 times.

Age limit for SC/ST category is 21 to 35 years and attempt chance till overage. Means no limit*
Age relaxation for physical handicapped is the 10 years.
According to age if you belongs to the unreserved or obc category then you are not eligible for the exam.
13th February 2013, 08:24 AM
sanj69
Senior Member+

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crackCivil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

There is no specific benefit for those under Central Govt. employees in connection to UPSC exam.

The age limit for Civil Service exam is from 21 to 30 years which the upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years i.e. the OBC candidate can apply for Civil Service Exam till 33 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th March 2013, 10:04 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
The age limit for the IAS exam is:

1.for general 21-30 yrs

2.for obc 21-33 yrs

3.for sc/st 21-35 yrs
5th March 2013, 11:47 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This exam conducted by Upsc every year.

Eligibility:

Age Limit:

The candidate minimum age limit is 21 years.

The candidate maximum age limit is 30 years.

The upper age relaxation is applicable for other categories.

33 years upper age limit for the OBC Category.

35 years upper age limit for the SC/ST categories.

40 years upper age limit for the Physical Handicapped Candidates.

SELECTION PROCESS:

Preliminary Exam

Main Exam

Interview

all the best.
6th March 2013, 03:54 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

Eligibility

1. A citizen of India is eligible to apply.

2. The candidate must be graduation degree holder.

3. You are not required to meet any percentage criteria in graduation.

4. Age limit for IAS is 21 to 30 years for General candidates.

5. An OBC candidate can apply for IAS till 33 years.

6. While te SC and ST can apply till 35 years of age.
6th March 2013, 08:37 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

HI DEAR......

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service .The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows..

Qualification Required :

The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.

Age Limit :

The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.

NO OF Attempts:

a) General Category : 4

b) OBC Category : 7

c) SC/ST Category : no limit.

For more details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck............
6th March 2013, 12:50 PM
No 1
Senior Member+

Hi...
Friends,

IAS stand for - Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conduct by UPSC.

IAS Full Information like ::
====================

Qualification like ::
==============

*** The candidates must be complete Graduation in any recognized university.

Age Limit like ::
============

*** Your age limit between 21 to 30 years.

*** Age relaxation was,

OBC candidates 3 years.

SC / ST candidates 5 years.

Numbers of Attempts like ::
=====================

*** For General candidates 4 times

*** For OBC candidates 7 times

*** For SC / ST candidates No limit.

For more information visit the website : www.upsc.gov.in

All the best...........................
6th March 2013, 02:22 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Upper age limit for me for IAS being a Central Government Employee of OBC category?

Quote:

Upper Age Limit For OBC candidates to appear for IAS Exam

The minimum requirements which a candidate needs to satisfy in order to appear for the Civil Services Examination are as follows :-

> The applicant must not be less than 21 years of age..

> The upper age restriction on the candidates appearing for the exam is as follows :-
>> For general candidates- 30 years
>> For OBC candidates - 33 years
>> For SC/ST candidates - 35 years

> The maximum number of attempts permitted for the OBC candidates to appear for the Civil Services is 4..

> The applicant must have a graduation degree from a recognized institution in any discipline..

The stages which are to be cleared before you can actually become a Civil Servant are :-

> Civil Service Aptitude Test
> Mains
> Personal Interview

The books which are recommended for the preparations of the Civil Services Aptitude Test are :-

For more details regarding the Civil Services Examination you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in

The last date to fill the form for the Civil Services Examination was 4th March,2013

The CSAT Exam shall be conducted on 19th May,2013 and the Mains on 8th November,2013

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx IAS CSAT Syllabus.docx(12.5 KB, 82 views)
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 70 views)
File Type: docx IAS general studies syllabus.docx(13.4 KB, 88 views)
File Type: docx IAS Optional Subjects.docx(14.7 KB, 103 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?